DSFan08

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for a certain something.

I want:

1. A device to use w/my Pokemon Pearl game (I already have a 900+hours of gameplay).
2. I want to: IV/EV check, item/pkmn cloning, hack checking, instant egg hatching.
3. I want a simple interface.
4. If the cheats I want are AR codes, I want to be able to use them.
5. If the cheats are like the one from the database for the R4, I want to able to use them.
6. I want someone to help me find something cheap (under $20 bucks if possible).
7. Don't be mean to me...ok? I'm just looking for help and have already tried a R4 (probable clone)

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
DSFan08 said:
I'm looking for a certain something.

I want:

1. A device to use w/my Pokemon Pearl game (I already have a saved file).
2. I want to: IV/EV check, item/pkmn cloning, hack checking, instant egg hatching.
3. I want a simple interface.
4. If the cheats I want are AR codes, I want to be able to use them.
5. If the cheats are like the one from the database for the R4, I want to able to use them.
6. I want someone to help me find something cheap (under $20 bucks if possible).
7. Don't be mean to me...ok? I'm just looking for help and have already tried a R4 (probable clone)
Just use Pokesav. There's no need for extra hardware.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokesav. Just make a backup of your save file, edit it to your hearts content, and drop it back onto your cart.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to be mean...but

It would be nice to say please.

And I don't understand your topic title. o.o

EDIT!!!!: 600TH POST! DRINKS ARE ON ME

DSFan08

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
well if flashcart,dstt?its fine with cheats and save files but if ur gonna use the walk-through any where cheat,dont choose dstt,if ur just gonna edit stuff,pokesav of course

Edit:checking for IV's and EV's just go to http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml and no flashcart has all of the features you want
I already know where to calculate IV's (Metalkid accurate>Serebii not accurate). I want to check IV's w/o having to go online and inputting all the info and checking EV"s while EV training.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
Wow.. Brian117's 600th post was done while being a jerk.

:wtf: use Pokesav. Then you can use it on your save file and it will give you all sorts of cool things^^

Inorite? How cool is it to know your 600th post was being mean. xD

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Pokesav.....lets you get event items too
nyanya.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
As long as you have a flashcart, just back up your .sav file and load it up in PokeSav. It's fool proof.

If you're using the original Pokemon Diamond/Pearl game, you cannot use PokeSav.

DSFan08

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I'm doing. I want to use my original, the game I bought when it came out, Pearl (maybe Diamond) game.

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There are some methods to get the original save off of your retail cart. It's called Rain I believe; however, it does require a flashcart to use. I'll look for a link for you.

Edit: Forgot about Rudolph's updated tools; found here: http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudolph/nds/Backup/
Then use this guide: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1942. Needs a flashcart.

After all this is done you can use pokesav to edit your data. Getting the data back onto your retail cart? That I'm not sure how to do.

Edit 2: Here's another guide utilizing different programs : http://www.scdev.org/forum/index.php?topic=9915.0 . This guide includes restoring the save. Might wanna give that a try.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
You don't have to be an ass about it, we're all trying to help here.

If you're trying to do this with a real cart, you're going to at least need an Action Replay. As far as I know, you can check IV's with a cheat. As for EV's, you're probably going to have to keep track yourself.

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DSFan08 said:
The fact that I want to use these checking methods in "REAL-TIME" is kinda (how should I put this nicely) NOT getting throught, is it?

In order to use Action Replay codes with a retail cart you can buy an action replay which would allow you to use Narin's codes too (They will have to be manually inputted). You could also use NitroHax found here: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/NitroHax/index.html. This does the same thing as an action replay but requires a flashcart.

I don't know enough about pokemon to say anything definitively but I believe that your ideas about a real time display of IV/EV for each pokemon is not possible right now (or ever).

Edit: Glad you edited your post to at least justify me still helping you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.