Stolen R4 + Kingston 1GB Carts

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by ZeWarriorReturnz, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2007
  1. ZeWarriorReturnz
    OP

Banned ZeWarriorReturnz Banned

United States
    It's been over a month since I ordered my R4 + Kingston 1GB card from dealextreme, 1month 5 days to be exact.. Today I seem to have lost it or someone stole it. I'm highly doubtful I lost it because I NEVER take it out of my DS Lite. I was wondering if I should contact dealextreme to get a new one? or if I should wait a bit and buy a CycloDS Evo? I'm confused.. Thanks for the help guys.

2. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    wait a minute, what are you asking?

it sounds like you're saying that you purchased something a month ago and have been using it until (a day or so ago) when you noticed that it's missing and you're expecting dealextreme to replace the lost/stolen item?

or are you asking if you should purchase another R4 or something different?

3. EarthBound

Member EarthBound a/s/l?

United States

I think it was both [​IMG]

If you had any friends over the day/day before it went missing.They might have stole it,and/or brother/sister.(hopfully not the case)

4. funwithplaydough

Newcomer funwithplaydough Advanced Member

United States
    I would reccomend getting the chinese R4 for $25 and just patch the DAT file. with iq_132's patcher.

I just got my Cyclo DS Evolution today and it feels pretty cheap. Not talking about the micro SD reader as it is the same one I got with my R4, but the plastic casing seems to be pretty thin. I am pretty careful with my cartridges but this one I feel I will have to be extra careful with. An average user will probably break their's pretty quickly. hold off on Cyclo DS until price goes down some and get the R4.

5. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    no retailer would replace a stolen item, they have no proof it was stolen you could just claim it was stolen and get a second one............. if it was defective then yes they will send a replacment since it was quality, no one replaces stolen items unless you payed for insurance on the item.

(you dont contact a company and say somone stole it, send me a new one, if that was what were saying, there is no need to contact them, if it was stolen just order a new one or get a cyclo ds like you said, it will either show up or it is gone forever)

6. iTech

Member iTech GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Shit homes, you just don't do that. Steal someone's wallet, his car, his wife, his house, his soul (= his wallet), but not his illegal rom playing device!
    [​IMG]

How about making a list of people that were in the vicinity of your DS, and thinking real hard over who had the guts and the incentive to steal it. Then, slash his carotid artery with a sharpened Supercard cart connector. Or use a Nintendo Wii to assault him (It's not just called "nunchuk", it's usable as one too!). I wish I could give you better fighting tips, but I can only fight using videogame consoles for some reason.

In the future, do what I did: print out a sticker that says;
    "WARNING! This Nintendo DS is protected by AIDS. My mom is a crackwhore so you know I've got plenty of AIDS and needles arround. Where did I hide those needles? The GBA Slot? The DS Slot? The Battery compartment? Go ahead, find out!"
    No one ever stole my DS to this day (not counting the time I actually stole it myself from a child. He was dead, so it's not realy stealing, eventhough I killed him). Remember to not actually put AIDS-infected needles on your DS, like me. My (mob)doctor prescribed more than a pound of Penicillin to completely heal me from AIDS, and I'm still feeling itchy!"

7. fuctfuct

Member fuctfuct GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    WOW that was really funny... [​IMG]

8. ZeWarriorReturnz
    OP

United States
    Bad thing is, it happened at school. The thing is I think one of my friends took it, one that I have been messing with lol. This is bull**** to me because school ended today and I won't see them for a couple months >_> I really need Download Play so I

9. tjas

Member tjas The Gbatemp HRManager

Netherlands
    Whaha xD

''My ford got stolen.. I think I'm going to the dealer and ask for a replacement [​IMG]''

10. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    I think he's basically asking for sympathy, and whether he should get a R4 or CycloDS Evo.

11. yus786

Member yus786 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    ohh it all makes sense now that i reread it lol

get an R4 mate

yus786

12. ZeWarriorReturnz
    OP

United States
    Ehh.. ATM I'm not sure HOW I can afford getting anything >_> I'll only get it in around a month ,_, But thanks anyway guys.

13. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    go outside or something

14. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    If you go outside watch out for Bears....I hear the outside is filled with em.....

15. ZeWarriorReturnz
    OP

United States
    Ha. I go outside everyday. BTW why would I go outside for no reason? excercise my legs? ha.

16. ssoccerh

Member ssoccerh GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if retailers replaced stolen items they would be broke

17. tenja

Newcomer tenja Advanced Member

Singapore
    I would say the stealer is somewhat crazy...stealing the cart without taking the whole system?plain crazy....or maybe he also have a DS but can't afford to buy a flashcart...kinda lame...so the most reasonable i would think of is that while in pocket you might accidentally push in the spring(when seating down perhaps?)and the cart just flew out when you stood up...and btw i think you should save money and get other cart to see which is better...don't stick to just one..

18. captaincharisma

Newcomer captaincharisma Newbie

Yo Homes, i think you need to pimp your ride

19. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Oh noes, the spammers found us :'(

20. marth989

Member marth989 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    quick every one run for cover and let him post for himself.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.