Hacking Still update my fully hacked 3ds?

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've hacked my 3ds like a year ago using that official 3ds guide website and followed all the instructions til the end, so I have a 3ds with cfw, I even remember that I was told to update my 3ds through the official system menu and it will be safe, and I did that over a year ago and it was updated through the official system menu and it succeeded and I can still install cia and play games that I download so I am convinced it is still safe to update my 3ds through the official system menu again?
The thing about it is that I never connect my 3ds online, but lately I had some games that I needed to import seed from fbi so I connected my 3ds online to do so, and now every time I turned off my 3ds and then turn it on, it tells me I can perform an update but I always cancel it, should I update? Is it still safe? My 3ds firmware is 11.2.0-35U, I saw that in my settings.
I am not sure if I have luma or ah9x or sysnand or emunand, I just followed that 3ds guide til the end and I have the cfw but not sure which version, I think it is the best version which is ah9x or something like that?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you hold Select when the DS is turning on and you get the Luma settings menu, then you are on a9lh, which is safe to update without any problems! However, it's highly advised to switch from a9lh to b9s so you can stay up to date with homebrews and Luma! Follow the guide I linked if you have a9lh either before or after updating.

Reactions: Vitaminer

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I hold select and power on I see luma3ds v6.6
I don't really care about homebrew, all I do is get cia and install it to play games, do I still go to b9s? What good does going to b9s do?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yes, I hold select and power on I see luma3ds v6.6
I don't really care about homebrew, all I do is get cia and install it to play games, do I still go to b9s? What good does going to b9s do?
b9s is simply a9lh but offers more privileges that some homebrew may need and makes it even safer overall minimizing the risk of and preventing bricks. If you want to use Luma with a version past 7.0.5 or any new homebrew, you need b9s. If you just want to install CIAs but don't care about stuff like FreeShop, then don't bother and just update. It's safe to update if you have Luma and a9lh, regardless of version, so don't worry. Update and if you want to stay up to date with homebrews, get b9s afterwards.

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
b9s is simply a9lh but offers more privileges that some homebrew may need and makes it even safer overall minimizing the risk of and preventing bricks. If you want to use Luma with a version past 7.0.5 or any new homebrew, you need b9s. If you just want to install CIAs but don't care about stuff like FreeShop, then don't bother and just update. It's safe to update if you have Luma and a9lh, regardless of version, so don't worry. Update and if you want to stay up to date with homebrews, get b9s afterwards.
thanks, very helpful information and thoroughly explained, I highly recommend this user!

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
thanks, very helpful information and thoroughly explained, I highly recommend this user!
We aren't that kind of site, just give a like and that's enough:P Anyway, if you need any help, just post here or in the general CFW noob thread that's pinned.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: ThoD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum