Still people play pokémon X/Y ?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Gintama_07, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Gintama_07
    OP

Gintama_07 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2017
    France
    Hello guys
    First i want to thank you for this fantastic forum really love it

I have got recentely a 3ds with few games among them pokémon Y and shapir, Still people play these online or should i buy the new one ? (didnt like the new generation that much)

2. Shikkichu

Shikkichu Just a Pika Girl~

Jan 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Wherever my Pikachu is.
    Welcome for one, and second, there's a few people that do, though most of my friends moved to SuMo

3. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Whats wrong with playing Pokemon X/Y just for the adventure alone? Even if the online for that is low the game itself is fantastic.

Shikkichu likes this.
  4. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    X/y where too easy tbh,I would only sudjest that generation to super novices.Oras is better and sun/moon is just as good.If it's online you want to get into then you should get sun and moon since that's where vgc is,otherwise just play under smogon rules if the game is just a pass time to you.

5. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    I still play Pokémon X (and Emerald too...), even though I've got Moon

6. Gintama_07
    OP

Gintama_07 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2017
    France
    Thanks for all the replies ! just started playing pokemon Y i'm amazed by the game:wub: ( my last one was on GBA) exept for the 3D it's horrible..

I will probably finish the adventure and go online with sun/moon to kick some asses :P

7. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    I do, I am finally backlogging Pokémon game. Was playing yesterday and even traded Pokémons with some amazing japanese players.

8. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    don't insult oras like that. it's a much better game than sun/moon, at least oras has an endgame goal that isn't behind a paywall (pokemon bank national dex

Last edited by LiveLatios, Feb 12, 2017
    MFGxDiamondLife likes this.
  9. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    I liked the character development and some new lore with the ultra beasts that sm had.Oras was my childhood but I like to see new things added into the game,and who needs bank when you have pksm.

10. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    i wasn't referring to the bank for storage... i was referring to the national dex they never added

11. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I was just playing Pokemon Red. I grew up playing Pokemon games, thus I often find myself playing through them multiple times.

12. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N I have graced this thread with my presence.

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Sixth Circle of Hell
    Despite it being my first Pokemon game, I can't really recommend it to a first timer. I mean, if you're pretty casual and don't really care about challenge, go for it. However, if you despise linearity or hand holding, go for a different game in the series.

If exploration is your thing, go for RBY or GSC. RSE and DP also have this to an extent.

If you want a semi-decent story, go for BW or SM.

XY was intentionally designed for new, casual players. If casual's not your thing, go for something else.

13. Alex4U

Alex4U Please stay away from me

Jan 6, 2016
    Mexico
    with Snivy, Mystery Zone (Adress 0x00)
    I've keeping playing Pokémon Crystal.
    For a long time, i didn't played X and Y,but sure some guys will keep playing X and Y.

14. vinstage

vinstage Thot Patrol

Jan 24, 2017
    Korea, South
    부산
    Considering it's a legit CIA, people who dislike CFW (probably scared of installing, I was for a while) and use FBI via soundhax/homebrew...
    I'd say a handful do, majority will be on SuMo in terms of CFW or people who buy games.

You can probably find a few loitering around, who play X/Y.