Hacking Still on RXtools where to go?

3DS4FUN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I've been off radar for awhile, and still running RXtools. Info about my system 3ds xl - 4.2.0-9U (downgraded) Boot from DS Profile RX-Tools on 10.6.0-31U. Would like to get upgrade to the latest current stable exploite/hack the scene is using. I'm just trying to avoid making a stupid mistake and breaking my 3ds. Any help or direction in the right place would be much appreciated! :)

Reactions: MoreBourbonPlz

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I've been off radar for awhile, and still running RXtools. Info about my system 3ds xl - 4.2.0-9U (downgraded) Boot from DS Profile RX-Tools on 10.6.0-31U. Would like to get upgrade to the latest current stable exploite/hack the scene is using. I'm just trying to avoid making a stupid mistake and breaking my 3ds. Any help or direction in the right place would be much appreciated! :)
https://3ds.guide/
This guide is like the bible of 3DS hacking, it'll help you set up Arm9LoaderHax and CFW SysNand
(You can later backup your EmuNand with Hourglass9 and restore it to SysNand, then you can delete the EmuNand partition for space)

Last edited by Ricken,

3DS4FUN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide is like the bible of 3DS hacking, it'll help you set up Arm9LoaderHax and CFW SysNand
(You can later backup your EmuNand with Hourglass9 and restore it to SysNand, then you can delete the EmuNand partition for space)
Just what I was looking for! Thanks!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Little confused is 4.2.0-9U mean I do have a browser?

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends, if your 3DS came out with the browser included you can run it, if however you were one of those (like me) who updated to 4.xx through a game card, then you don't have it, you need MSET to actually run something in there, but since you downgraded to 4.2.0 that means you probably have the browser available, which makes the whole process easier

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Depends, if your 3DS came out with the browser included you can run it, if however you were one of those (like me) who updated to 4.xx through a game card, then you don't have it, you need MSET to actually run something in there, but since you downgraded to 4.2.0 that means you probably have the browser available, which makes the whole process easier
I'm pretty sure you can use SoundHax no matter what

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by Quantumcat,

3DS4FUN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I followed the full guide - I'm stuck on the last part.
Section VI - Finalizing setup

• 14.Launch the Homebrew Launcher from the home menu
    • 15.Select “DSP Dump”
After trying to launch Homebrew Launcher It looks like it's about to work and I get different color screens but it gets stuck on a red screen.

Last edited by 3DS4FUN,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I followed the full guide - I'm stuck on the last part.
Section VI - Finalizing setup

• 14.Launch the Homebrew Launcher from the home menu
    • 15.Select “DSP Dump”
After trying to launch Homebrew Launcher It looks like it's about to work and I get different color screens but it gets stuck on a red screen.
Is the internet on your 3DS on?

3DS4FUN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I have tried a couple times. It loads everything fine but freezes on what feels would be right before homebrew menu.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I have tried a couple times. It loads everything fine but freezes on what feels would be right before homebrew menu.
whenever i had an issue i just went back to make sure all the files where in the right folders. then it would work.
but hopefully somebody here as a more specific suggestion for you.

3DS4FUN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is installing the hblauncher_loader.cia enough to run it? I feel like it left some of the other tools out. It says to download
But I never see any instructions to do anything with it...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is installing the hblauncher_loader.cia enough to run it? I feel like it left some of the other tools out. It says to download
You'll need boot.3dsx, but that's all (plus the homebrew you want to run in your 3ds folder).

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extract it to the root of the SD card. boot.3dsx is required at a minimum, the rest are the "starter" homebrew applications.

xsp

r30y162part2
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 2DS has been gathering dust for awhile now. It was on RxTools as well. I was following this guide and noticed there wasn't an otherapp payload for 9.2.0-2U. The earliest version it shows in 9.2.0-7U. Would it be safe to use that?

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My 2DS has been gathering dust for awhile now. It was on RxTools as well. I was following this guide and noticed there wasn't an otherapp payload for 9.2.0-2U. The earliest version it shows in 9.2.0-7U. Would it be safe to use that?
No, because a 9.2.0-2U doesn't exist. The correct versions's 9.2.0-20U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup