Still on 10.1 firmware, ironfall 1.0, Youtube installed, what are my options for HB?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by pivix, Nov 5, 2015.

1. pivix
    OP

pivix Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Poland
    As I mentioned previously I am still on 10.1 firmware, and having ironfall with first update (version of game before removal from eshop), Youtube installed, what are my options for installing HB?

Second question is about youtube DNS- is it safe to use it? Does it help me to prevent system updates?

Thanks in advance for youre replies.

2. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    what do you mean installing hb?

if you have ironfall as it was before the big removal, you can use that.
    you can also get themehax as a backup (but you need ironhax to do that)
    tubehax is gone, you cant start youtube without updating it so thats gone.

the tubehax dns stops updates and all other internet i think? so its safe, but it wont exactly do you much good without tubehax itself working

3. pivix
    OP

pivix Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Poland
    Yes I have ironfall but, I dont know if I can install HBL with only ironfall installed on my system.

4. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    you can use browserhax if you didnt get the nag yet

5. pivix
    OP

pivix Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Poland
    I didnt get update nag (I haven't been using wifi since I've noticed that new FW was released), but I'm aware of that I will probably get when I will connect to the internet while using browserhax. Do I have to use any special DNS while using browserhax?

6. Sascha

Sascha Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2012
    Gambia, The
    Same situation as OP, but I already got the message to update my browser. Is there anything I can do right now?
    I already had IronHax installed before, but now it just crashes to the Home Menu when I try to launch it. I suppose I installed some update that made it useless in its old state.

7. MsMidnight

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    what version are you on ?

@ the op

8. dark_samus3

dark_samus3 GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2015
    United States
    Mostly you just need to block the newer servers with your router... Not sure but the tubehax DNS may block those new servers now... And if you're on n3ds getting the update nag on the browser doesn't matter in the slightest as it's bypassable, so basically your options are browserhax, ironfall and menuhax... Browserhax should be the initial installation and then install the exploit of your choice afterwards

pivix likes this.
  9. darklordrs

darklordrs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2015
    United States
    At this point it's pretty much "get Ironhax or be screwed forever". Be careful's all I can say.

10. dark_samus3

May 30, 2015
    United States
    Did you even read the title of the thread?

11. MsMidnight

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    my bad. anyways if you want browserhax set up the tubehax dns as it blocks the nag

pivix likes this.
  12. dark_samus3

May 30, 2015
    United States
    It's all good haha, are you sure about that? It did block it for awhile but ninty added new servers into the mix

13. MsMidnight

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    RIP. it never hurts to try though :P

14. pivix
    OP

pivix Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Poland
    Thank you for response. I user browserhax, but before that i set tubehax dns, and blocked all nintendo servers in settings of my router. Then installed ironhax, and played pokemon OR with hans boost performance (3d in battles looked marvelous without frame drops) ^^ Maybe later I will try some emulator (changing microSD is pain in the ass).