Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there still no way to play NDS roms on Gateway/CFW?

Thanks! I just don't want to have to install the exploit on my 3DS over and over again.

Also, followup qurstion. I have the MSET exploit installed on my N3DS... what would happen if I were to put in an R4 card in under Gateway mode? Or even Sysnand? Thanks!

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It hasn't happened in 5 years and most likely won't happen in the future neither, so please don't come back every few months to ask the same thing over and over as many people do.

Reactions: Quantumcat

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, you still can't run DS games without a flash cart. There was a guy working on a port of Desmume to 3DS, but I don't think we ever heard any more about it (it'd probably be slower than molasses anyway).

Last edited by daxtsu,

heiro001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, if you have a gateway, can't you just load your backups onto the blue card and then reinstall the exploit whenever you want to go back to 3ds games?

Reactions: Ronhero

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Start a go fund me page and raise enough money to but a r4i cart. I buy them for $7.50 with a 8gb sd card
LOL. Genius.

Perhaps while he's at it, he should go for enough fund to buy the most powerful laptop that can handle all emulators available at the moment. (punt intended)

Scorpiopt

Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway comes with a blue cart witch is essentially a R4i cart , witch its not needed for the profile exploit , just use that

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Few things. I have an R4 card. Original one. Second, I've got a pretty awesome PC which can easily handle the newest games on the highest settings ;)

I just don't want to go through the trouble of installing MSET again after each run-through.

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No,you still can't run DS games without a flash cart. There was a guy working on a port of Desmume to 3DS, but I don't think we ever heard any more about it (it'd probably be slower than molasses anyway).
If you mean a ds emulator then i think that would be impossible even for n3ds, unless magic.
Ds flashcarts are cheap except if you want perfection dstwo is the right choice. Lastly im curious to know how this dstwo plus work.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you mean a ds emulator then i think that would be impossible even for n3ds, unless magic.
Ds flashcarts are cheap except if you want perfection dstwo is the right choice. Lastly im curious to know how this dstwo plus work.

Yes, Desmume is a popular DS emulator, and that's why I said it would probably be slower than molasses. I'm well aware that the 3DS (both old and new) are much too slow to emulate the DS. :P

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Few things. I have an R4 card. Original one. Second, I've got a pretty awesome PC which can easily handle the newest games on the highest settings ;)

I just don't want to go through the trouble of installing MSET again after each run-through.
How hard is it to navigate to the ROP installer after playing a DS game and pressing "A" to run it? Do you need voice commands because your fingers don't work anymore?

Reactions: Tony_93

AdityaNese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What does your PC have anything to do with your question?

This thread should close.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work for several reasons (and I've tested this). DS games, while signed, will not run under TWL_FIRM off the NAND in place if DSiWare due to it not having access to it's save hardware on the cart, among other issues. And having anything which loaded ROMs off the SD would also be impossible because the SD card is disabled in TWL_FIRM shortly after starting the firm.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

At the end of the day their is no way as of yet to play a NDS game without a flashcart, and any attempt to do so will run the risk of clearing the NDS Profile exploit code.

Good news is since you said you have a N3DS, there is a very good chance that the profile exploit code will stick even after playing a NDS game. There was a thread a few weeks/months back about how to make it stick since it seemed to do so for a lot of people but not for others. No idea if it only stayed after using a retail NDS cart or even after using a flashcart. I'd link it but I'm feeling pretty damn lazy atm, sorry.

It's a GW clone. It functions EXACTLY like GW and even requires you to place the GW launcher.dat file on the root of your SD Card. That said, apparently any DSTWO cart purchased in the last 2 months is apparently a DSTWO+ cart with a DSTWO sticker. If you bought a DSTWO after early August and the cart you got does not have a screw on the back, it apparently is update-able with the DSTWO+ update and will actually run .3ds files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, My friend passed away 3 days ago. :( +1