Hacking Still no 'GW' in Settings on 8.1J n3DS 3.1.1

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I understand, 3.1.1 was supposed to fix a bug that stopped the 'GW' text appearing next to the firmware version in System Settings.

I'm fairly certain when I'm in emunand and when I'm not, but I'm reluctant to update the emunand without the GW text appearing. Has anyone else still got this issue on 3.1.1, or have managed to fix it?

I've tried formatting emunand twice now, same result.

Edit: Confirming it's the 3.1.1 launcher

t79a88K.png

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a sysnand 9.0U that won't show the GW on emunand either. I also noticed that the 3.1.1 launcher.dat still shows 3.1.0 in the GW menu

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have not been able to fix it, you can just format emunand on the 4gb micro sd card that came with the N3DS and extract it and inject it to your other sd card that you want to get emunand for.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have not been able to fix it, you can just format emunand on the 4gb micro sd card that came with the N3DS and extract it and inject it to your other sd card that you want to get emunand for.

This is with the 4GB card that came with the console

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's weird. It normally happens with bigger sd cards. Maybe you can format your sysnand just in case?

I'm going to assume this is just an issue with 8.1, much like the multirom menu not working.

Going to yolo it and update what I hope isn't the sysnand.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hope you update the right one. :)
Despite system formatting, emu and sysnand seem to be sharing the same connection settings. Is this normal? There's no way I'm updating if I can't let myself know which I'm on via the connection status...

Edit: Filled sys with 3 fake ones, and now emu seems to have 1 real connection, and then filled the other two spots with the fake ones from sysnand.

inc 9.5 sysnand ;)

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite system formatting, emu and sysnand seem to be sharing the same connection settings. Is this normal? There's no way I'm updating if I can't let myself know which I'm on via the connection status...

That means the sysnand and emunand are linked. You have to unlink them so you can choose individual internet settings for each one.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That means the sysnand and emunand are linked. You have to unlink them so you can choose individual internet settings for each one.

Hmm. I made the connections after a system format, could that be why? Also, check my edit. Got some sort of separation between the connections now at least.

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I made the connections after a system format, could that be why? Also, check my edit. Got some sort of separation between the connections now at least.
I would recommend unlinking the sysnand and emunand as the internet settings can change by themselves if they are linked. As you get from sysnand to emunand.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would recommend unlinking the sysnand and emunand as the internet settings can change by themselves if they are linked. As you get from sysnand to emunand.

I'm sure they're unlinked already, I'll install a .cia soon to see if I have to unwrap after reboot. And successfully updated emunand to 9.5 :) Kinda scary without the GW3D text...

Never mind, 4GB mSD card...

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's good to know you could update. I suspect your nands are linked because, you said they shared the same internet settings. Which should not happen, unless they are linked.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's good to know you could update. I suspect your nands are linked because, you said they shared the same internet settings. Which should not happen, unless they are linked.

They half-shared. I formatted and then set the internet settings, and the internet settings also applied to the other. I then changed those internet settings all to fakes, but that didn't change the legit connection on emunand. Really odd.

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They half-shared. I formatted and then set the internet settings, and the internet settings also applied to the other. I then changed those internet settings all to fakes, but that didn't change the legit connection on emunand. Really odd.

That is strange indeed. But, if it worked for you I guess that's what matters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all