Hardware Still no card adapter for vita?!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well not yet? I dunno, I mean it be nice to use $15 micro sdXC cards instead of those totally expensive ones that can't even go over 64GB. Just nothing yet. Instead you can use the vitashell 1.61 on playstation tv to make use of usb loading for flashdrives or HDD. Except is hardly useful at the moment with not having playstation network access to download games from playstation store. Instead you get a more tedious task requiring a ps3 with playstation store access, follow by downloading the games you want, then doing a wireless transfer of it (WHICH TAKES LONGER THAN DOWNLOADS) until you got what you want.

I suppose if people had ps3 with CFW they can simply just extract VPK installs and copy to the target storage device, load it on the pstv and install, but yeah, lots of stuff to do requiring other methods, which can simply be useful if you have playstation store access with vitashell.

Anyway even if vitashell can do usb loading, a memory card adaptor still useful not only for the portable vita but for tv vita as well, I hope one comes out soon. Although i despise sd cards for not lasting long, my memory stick pro duo for psp last longer than they do. :P

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
There are some smart phone card readers. Which can be attach to the charging port of the phone. Any possibility Psvita can have something like that?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some smart phone card readers. Which can be attach to the charging port of the phone. Any possibility Psvita can have something like that?
Not to sound mean but no one will know when such a adaptor would exist for the vita, but currently usb loading on vita tv is a thing (even though personally i can make much use of it without psn access) So perhaps consider one since it is a thing currently. Having consideration for what does exist now is probably easier than what can exist later. Of course you know, mods or hacks always make for scalping so having things before that happens is good or even getting them when price is low. :)

Yes i'm sure everyone would like to have such a thing to avoid paying for overpriced memory cards which has been a dream since day one. But it hasn't happened yet, now one announced anything and no one knows when. For all we know, people may consider vita a failure and could care less, without enough demand for something or anyone to care about it to consider such a thing is just how some people do their business.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Pstv support all vita games? Should I buy that too? It's like the price of 77USD in my country.

https://www.daraz.pk/ps-vita-tv-device-sony-mpg9017.html
You have to consider that is a system modified from original vita you plug into a tv, It has no camera, or motion controls. It does support touch screen and rear touch pad emulation for either ps3 or ps4 controls. With that said, there is a homebrew app that allows all psvita games to be played on the system but games do have their limitations which is why they had blacklisted in the first place.

For example, uncharted golden abyss has a puzzle to solve require you to Hold the vita up to a light source to see a paper. Since vita tv has no such function you can't really do that. Though nothing stops the player from transfer save data to a compatible system, then solve puzzle then return to tv system to continue, why would one wanna do that tedious situation? So it does have some limits. But is not worthless unless you can't circumvent such issues. Games like that or require a camera are not possible to play even if the whitelist hack is used cause of the game intended design rather than sony limiting what games is playable on tv or not.

For the most part, all games is able to be loaded on the system cause of the whitelist hack but depends on games you wanna play. (If you wanna know more about what games is compatible without whitelist hack, you probably need to search for it.) But most games should have no problems as long as no design flaws explained above. Probably just safe to visit the playstation store on a browser or ps3 system and browse vita games, it should list if the game is compatible for vita tv or not. :unsure:

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
PSTV is a Vita. But you plug it in to the TV.
LOL! I know that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You have to consider that is a system modified from original vita you plug into a tv, It has no camera, or motion controls. It does support touch screen and rear touch pad emulation for either ps3 or ps4 controls. With that said, there is a homebrew app that allows all psvita games to be played on the system but games do have their limitations which is why they had blacklisted in the first place.

For example, uncharted golden abyss has a puzzle to solve require you to Hold the vita up to a light source to see a paper. Since vita tv has no such function you can't really do that. Though nothing stops the player from transfer save data to a compatible system, then solve puzzle then return to tv system to continue, why would one wanna do that tedious situation? So it does have some limits. But is not worthless unless you can't circumvent such issues. Games like that or require a camera are not possible to play even if the whitelist hack is used cause of the game intended design rather than sony limiting what games is playable on tv or not.

For the most part, all games is able to be loaded on the system cause of the whitelist hack but depends on games you wanna play. (If you wanna know more about what games is compatible without whitelist hack, you probably need to search for it.) But most games should have no problems as long as no design flaws explained above. Probably just safe to visit the playstation store on a browser or ps3 system and browse vita games, it should list if the game is compatible for vita tv or not. :unsure:
Is there any controller which can function like psvita system control & which has a camera?

I have a viita OLED version 1000series. Which is on 3.51 I guess. I haven't used it for almost 2years. Cards are expensive I was waiting for any adapter or reader but still no luck. I don't want to waste 110$ on a 64gb card.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL! I know that.

Is there any controller which can function like psvita system control & which has a camera?

I have a viita OLED version 1000series. Which is on 3.51 I guess. I haven't used it for almost 2years. Cards are expensive I was waiting for any adapter or reader but still no luck. I don't want to waste 110$ on a 64gb card.

I'm not aware of a controller that will emulate/has a camera.

Breadland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean there's external storage for the vitaTV, I'd say that's pretty good. Frankly I wouldn't bank on there ever being a nice clean card adapter for the vita made soon (if ever).
Think again! Finally we have 2 methods of using your microsd cards on a Vita!

Yifanlu's PS Vita 3G to microSD card adapter whoich works on any 3G Vita or on any OLED Vita with a 3G motherboard swap. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ps-vita-3g-to-microsd-card-adapter#/

AND a method that can work on ANY Vita! Open source so anyone can have the schematics to the PCB and get it printed and solder the microsd sockets onto it.

This guy managed to print a couple of hundred and will print 500 more. Also soldering everything and will ship worldwide. http://modsiah.com/product/sd2vita/

Of course, the only way to get this to work straight out of the box is to get HENkaku Enso which will be released at the end of the month.

Either way, this is great! Any Vita owner can use any microsd card the want now!

Yifanlu's PS Vita 3G to microSD card adapter whoich works on any 3G Vita or on any OLED Vita with a 3G motherboard swap. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ps-vita-3g-to-microsd-card-adapter#/

AND a method that can work on ANY Vita! Open source so anyone can have the schematics to the PCB and get it printed and solder the microsd sockets onto it. Afterwards you just put in your microsd card in it, and put the adapter when you'd put your games.

This guy managed to print a couple of hundred adapters and will print 500 more. Also soldering the microsd socket and will ship worldwide. http://modsiah.com/product/sd2vita/

Of course, the only way to get this to work straight out of the box is to get HENkaku Enso which will mount the sotrage on boot and will be released at the end of the month.

Either way, this is great! Any Vita owner can use any microsd card the want now!

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AND a method that can work on ANY Vita! Open source so anyone can have the schematics to the PCB and get it printed and solder the microsd sockets onto it.

This guy managed to print a couple of hundred and will print 500 more. Also soldering everything and will ship worldwide. http://modsiah.com/product/sd2vita/

Of course, the only way to get this to work straight out of the box is to get HENkaku Enso which will be released at the end of the month.

Ikr? Pretty awesome. Got one of those game-slot adapters on pre-order already! ;)

Amazing how much can change in just a few months.

Reactions: Breadland

Breadland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ikr? Pretty awesome. Got one of those game-slot adapters on pre-order already! ;)

Amazing how much can change in just a few months.

Yeah, managed to get one too.

By the way, I was actually wrong about needing HENkaku Enso to use the adapter as a memory card. You just need to run a certain plugin to mount the adapter as the memory card.
All Enso does is run HENkaku on boot which makes the process automatic.

Either way, I can't wait to recieve the adapter and use my 64GB microsd!

Reactions: 8BitWonder

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....