Gaming Still need some help with CFW :(

solange82200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to answer my questions so far, but I still feel like I'm not going to be doing this correctly, I'm not 100 percent sure what to do step by step.

I have a new PSP slim, which says it's on "Software Version 3.95". I somehow have to get that to this firmware: "3.90 M33-3".

Once I have a Pandora battery and magic memory stick ready, can someone tell me step by step how to do this? Or point me to somewhere that does, but in noobish-like detail? Thanks....

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again,
"Software Version 3.95" is your current official firmware version. "3.90m33-3" is the custom firmware version, it is based off of official firmware version 3.90. Once you have the pandora battery and the magic memory stick ready, all you have to do is put the MMS in the slot, take out your original battery, put in the pandora battery, and follow the onscreen directions (if you are using PSP Grader).

You'll want to back up your NAND first, and with PSP Grader and TotalNewbi, this is the square button. After you back up your NAND, copy the file it creates called "nand-dump.bin" to your computer for safe keeping. After that, plug in the MMS and battery once again, and to continue installing the custom firmware, press X and wait until it is finished.

solange82200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Shyn, I think I've almost got it. I don't have any adapter for the memory stick to put it in my compuer, but it sounds from your directions that I will be ok with that, as long as I have a USB cable?

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solange82200 said:
Thanks Shyn, I think I've almost got it. I don't have any adapter for the memory stick to put it in my compuer, but it sounds from your directions that I will be ok with that, as long as I have a USB cable?

Yeah, you don't need the memory stick directly in your computer. In the directions, it assumes you have a way to do it, but its not needed. Just boot to the normal XMB and use the USB connection to transfer files on and off the memory stick. Its a bit more of a hassle to keep swapping batteries, but not much of a problem.

solange82200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Shyn, so what you're saying is that after I press X to copy the nand to the memory stick, I will have to take my pandora battery out of my psp, put the regular battery in, hook it up to my comp., put the nand file on my comp., and then put the pandora battery in and start the rest of the process?

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solange82200 said:
Thanks Shyn, so what you're saying is that after I press X to copy the nand to the memory stick, I will have to take my pandora battery out of my psp, put the regular battery in, hook it up to my comp., put the nand file on my comp., and then put the pandora battery in and start the rest of the process?

Press square to dump NAND. Aside from that, yeah.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)