Still need some help with CFW :(

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by solange82200, May 23, 2008.

May 23, 2008
  1. solange82200
    OP

Member solange82200 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to answer my questions so far, but I still feel like I'm not going to be doing this correctly, I'm not 100 percent sure what to do step by step.

I have a new PSP slim, which says it's on "Software Version 3.95". I somehow have to get that to this firmware: "3.90 M33-3".

Once I have a Pandora battery and magic memory stick ready, can someone tell me step by step how to do this? Or point me to somewhere that does, but in noobish-like detail? Thanks....

2. Shyn

Member Shyn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey again,
    "Software Version 3.95" is your current official firmware version. "3.90m33-3" is the custom firmware version, it is based off of official firmware version 3.90. Once you have the pandora battery and the magic memory stick ready, all you have to do is put the MMS in the slot, take out your original battery, put in the pandora battery, and follow the onscreen directions (if you are using PSP Grader).

You'll want to back up your NAND first, and with PSP Grader and TotalNewbi, this is the square button. After you back up your NAND, copy the file it creates called "nand-dump.bin" to your computer for safe keeping. After that, plug in the MMS and battery once again, and to continue installing the custom firmware, press X and wait until it is finished.

3. solange82200
    OP

United States
    Thanks Shyn, I think I've almost got it. I don't have any adapter for the memory stick to put it in my compuer, but it sounds from your directions that I will be ok with that, as long as I have a USB cable?

4. GbaDoctor

Member GbaDoctor GbaTemp MaD fOrGeD DoCtOr

Italy
    Mhm, wait, why u want to put ur ms in the computer?
    If you need a way to access it, just connect the psp with an usb cable and use the connetc usb option in the xmb. Thats all.

5. Shyn

United States
    Yeah, you don't need the memory stick directly in your computer. In the directions, it assumes you have a way to do it, but its not needed. Just boot to the normal XMB and use the USB connection to transfer files on and off the memory stick. Its a bit more of a hassle to keep swapping batteries, but not much of a problem.

6. solange82200
    OP

United States
    Thanks Shyn, so what you're saying is that after I press X to copy the nand to the memory stick, I will have to take my pandora battery out of my psp, put the regular battery in, hook it up to my comp., put the nand file on my comp., and then put the pandora battery in and start the rest of the process?

7. Shyn

United States
    Press square to dump NAND. Aside from that, yeah.