Hacking Still looking for easy way to load .gct code files without installing

ChiboSempai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking here every so often to see if there have been any advancements in this. I looked again and I can't find anything. I'm helping to try and find a way to get Brawl+ (or another version of modified Brawl) as a potential standard, or more accessible for player. The main thing that needs to be done to this, is the ability to load .gct code files without installing anything on a wii. no homebrew channel, no nothing. ideally running gecko os through bannerbomb would be great, but all versions of gecko arent compatible with it.

has there been any success with this yet?

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if Ocarina works, but if it does, you can't use Brawl+, even with the snapshot method, because you can't use SD Cards when using Ocarina.

ChiboSempai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gecko 1.7 also doesn't work, same prob as the newest one

I thought Twilight Hack was blocked on Sys Menu 4.0 and stuff
I wouldn't consider that installing anything on the system, cause it's not. Pretty much as long as the HBC isn't installed then it should be fine.

Hmm... is there a way a wad of Gecko could be installed to the SD card then launched from the SD Channel? I guess that would install a ticket of Gecko into the system, but no one would really know about it haha, so maybe that wouldn't be too big of a deal. If not, then I guess Bannerbomb up a WAD Manager, then install Gecko, then move it to the SD? Unless WAD Manager requires a CIOS or something, I forget if it does.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ChiboSempai said:
Gecko 1.7 also doesn't work, same prob as the newest one

I thought Twilight Hack was blocked on Sys Menu 4.0 and stuff
I wouldn't consider that installing anything on the system, cause it's not. Pretty much as long as the HBC isn't installed then it should be fine.

Hmm... is there a way a wad of Gecko could be installed to the SD card then launched from the SD Channel? I guess that would install a ticket of Gecko into the system, but no one would really know about it haha, so maybe that wouldn't be too big of a deal. If not, then I guess Bannerbomb up a WAD Manager, then install Gecko, then move it to the SD? Unless WAD Manager requires a CIOS or something, I forget if it does.
I mean you COULD do that, but you would probably have to Trucha-Patch your IOS60, or other IOS, configure the WADManager to use that IOS, etc...so you can install .wads. And seriously...why would you want to install a custom Channel? Nintendo can detect this, even if you move it to the SD-card there's still the Ticket in your Wii (look with ATD). I mean, there's no Difference between installing HBC and a custom Channel. Just install the damm Homebrew Channel instead. Because this will probably last longer than custom Channels (Team Twiizers will try that Nintendo won't kill it), and you can do much more. Also much easier, only Bannerbomb and the HackMii installer.

It's up to you, but I don't see why you don't want HBC, but a custom Channel. That's just....

EDIT: Someone thought about extracting the .dol from the HBC? So he could launch that one via Bannerbomb?

ChiboSempai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no problem with using hbc, iv been using it since it came out
its other ppl, there are some out there who wont bring a wii to a brawl+ tourney if they dont want hacked stuff on it. some ppl just arent cool lol

however bombing the hbc seems like a good idea

ChiboSempai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man, i thought that was gonna work...

just tried it with loading gecko through loadmii off the sd and usb, and when loading brawl through gecko i still get code dumps and it errors and wont launch...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."