Hardware Still any risk of unauthorized device bricking?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just sent my 3DS to Nintendo for repairs. It got a crack in the casing next to the 3D slider, which made it stiff and not work properly. Anyway, I've been without any other DS-like device for quite a while, so my EZFlash-Vi has been inactive for just as long. I finally got around to updating to the latest Firmware for it (thanks to my mother's DS-Lite) and all these things got me thinking. The latest Firmware works for 3DS, so when I get mine back I could use it if I wanted to.

Thing is that I've got this tickle in the back of my mind that remembers the scare of system bricking with system updates. Has that officially blown over, or is there still a very real possibility?

When I get my 3DS back I really want to have access to my EZFlash-Vi again. I miss it ever so much. *tear*
happy.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nothing has changed in those months. We still don't know anything precise.

Nothing has happened, but no-one can be certain if that will change.
Fact is, bricking is out of question. The worst thing that can happen is that you get banned from the online services.

Bricking is an illegal procedure, and Nintendo won't resort to it.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
The risk is no more than with a regular DS. Some crappy clones have been known to cause bricking by blowing fuses, but I don't think that is the case for any 3DS carts.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Nothing has changed in those months. We still don't know anything precise.

Nothing has happened, but no-one can be certain if that will change.
Fact is, bricking is out of question. The worst thing that can happen is that you get banned from the online services.

Bricking is an illegal procedure, and Nintendo won't resort to it.

I still dont understand how bricking is illegal but thats a discussion for another topic I guess :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey