Still any risk of unauthorized device bricking?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by MarcusRaven, Sep 12, 2011.

1. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    So I just sent my 3DS to Nintendo for repairs. It got a crack in the casing next to the 3D slider, which made it stiff and not work properly. Anyway, I've been without any other DS-like device for quite a while, so my EZFlash-Vi has been inactive for just as long. I finally got around to updating to the latest Firmware for it (thanks to my mother's DS-Lite) and all these things got me thinking. The latest Firmware works for 3DS, so when I get mine back I could use it if I wanted to.

Thing is that I've got this tickle in the back of my mind that remembers the scare of system bricking with system updates. Has that officially blown over, or is there still a very real possibility?

When I get my 3DS back I really want to have access to my EZFlash-Vi again. I miss it ever so much. *tear* [​IMG]

2. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Nothing has changed in those months. We still don't know anything precise.

Nothing has happened, but no-one can be certain if that will change.
    Fact is, bricking is out of question. The worst thing that can happen is that you get banned from the online services.

Bricking is an illegal procedure, and Nintendo won't resort to it.

3. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    Okay, hearing that I may not use my cart anyway. Don't want to risk ruining my Ambassador status before the GBA games come out. [​IMG] Thanks for the info.

4. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

The risk is no more than with a regular DS. Some crappy clones have been known to cause bricking by blowing fuses, but I don't think that is the case for any 3DS carts.

5. The Milkman

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    I still dont understand how bricking is illegal but thats a discussion for another topic I guess :/