Gaming Still able to "repair" games from the eShop on 11.8?

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
OP
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Didn't found info, so, my question is... Will I be able to repair games (installed the ticket on FBI and downloaded from the eShop) by going to eShop on 11.8? Can I be banned by doing this or will I be safe? Thanks!
I have these games installed on a SDCard but, in Home Menu some doesn't show the banner and on System Settings it don't show the Name and File Size, and I can't open some other games... Second time this happened, don't know why.... If someone can give an advice, I'll be very gratefull! hehehe Last time I deleted those games and downloaded again, but obviously I can't do it again...

PD: I've used CHKDSK on Windows after this happened but nothing happened...

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't found info, so, my question is... Will I be able to repair games (installed the ticket on FBI and downloaded from the eShop) by going to eShop on 11.8? Can I be banned by doing this or will I be safe? Thanks!
I have these games installed on a SDCard but, in Home Menu some doesn't show the banner and on System Settings it don't show the Name and File Size, and I can't open some other games... Second time this happened, don't know why.... If someone can give an advice, I'll be very gratefull! hehehe Last time I deleted those games and downloaded again, but obviously I can't do it again...

PD: I've used CHKDSK on Windows after this happened but nothing happened...

Nope you can't fix that by going to the eshop, as eshop wouldn't even show the games you installed through Freeshop and other ticket installed method like Tikshop, Ciaangel, since the ticket generated by Freeshop and these other apps are fake, it is not stored on a server.

If you didn't mess around with your NAND, then might wanna consider checking that SD card using H2testw, it can be bootleg for games not to show up.

Last edited by Hayato213,

MAXLEMPIRA

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
Nope you can't fix that by going to the eshop, as eshop wouldn't even show the games you installed through Freeshop and other ticket installed method like Tikshop, Ciaangel, since the ticket generated by Freeshop and these other apps are fake, it is not stored on a server.

If you didn't mess around with your NAND, then might wanna consider checking that SD card using H2testw, it can be bootleg for games not to show up.
Well... in fact it does... I'm seeing right now the Repair Button on eShop for a game installed with the ticket... but I don't want to click on it before knowing if I can be banned just by repairing the game or not...

EDIT: I just entered to the game page and go all the way down and over there is the "Repair Progam" button, it even says "Downloaded" instead of "Buy it"

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... in fact it does... I'm seeing right now the Repair Button on eShop for a game installed with the ticket... but I don't want to click on it before knowing if I can be banned just by repairing the game or not...

Well if you didn't legally purchase the game they have a reason to ban you if they find out you pirated the copy, the 11.8 implemented how they detect if a game was legally bought, as you look through the section of games that you bought you would see that the games you installed with freeshop and other ticket related apps wouldn't show up.

MAXLEMPIRA

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
Well if you didn't legally purchase the game they have a reason to ban you if they find out you pirated the copy, the 11.8 implemented how they detect if a game was legally bought, as you look through the section of games that you bought you would see that the games you installed with freeshop and other ticket related apps wouldn't show up.
Yeah, and those game are ilegally installed. So... with 11.8 it's for sure a ban even just for repairing it??

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and those game are ilegally installed. So... with 11.8 it's for sure a ban even just for repairing it??

Well repair through eshop wouldn't wouldn't work since you didnt buy them, just redownload cia online, if all your games doesn't show up and you didnt do any CTR-Transfer then check your SD card.

MAXLEMPIRA

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
Well repair through eshop wouldn't wouldn't work since you didnt buy them, just redownload cia online, if all your games doesn't show up and you didnt do any CTR-Transfer then check your SD card.
Thanks for the info, just to clarify, Repair won't work because of 11.8? Beacuse before 11.8 I have repaired ilegally games and it worked just fine.
And no... 4 game won't show the banner on Home Menu, and 2 games won't show info on System Settings, and other 4-6 games won't work, some stay on black screen, others gave me an error code (and for some reason I can't get the "crash dump" file)...
Well.. I think so, time to look for the CIA's or create'em from my other systems... (This one is from my niece, that's why I pirated all her games, I own my phyisical copies, yeah, I'm totally physical).

EDIT: It was a random problem... it happened twice on this system with two separated SDCards, changed it last time it happened... So... don't know whats happening, maybe the system itself...

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info, just to clarify, Repair won't work because of 11.8? Beacuse before 11.8 I have repaired ilegally games and it worked just fine.
And no... 4 game won't show the banner on Home Menu, and 2 games won't show info on System Settings, and other 4-6 games won't work, some stay on black screen, others gave me an error code (and for some reason I can't get the "crash dump" file)...
Well.. I think so, time to look for the CIA's or create'em from my other systems... (This one is from my niece, that's why I pirated all her games, I own my phyisical copies, yeah, I'm totally physical).

No since you never legally bought the game , it wouldn't even repair since it will check if you legally bought the game.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
but then again did you ever mess with your nand or did you done any CTR Transfer?
mmm not with the NAND and I do a transfer (Don't know if it's a CTR Transfer) to install B9S, looked at 3DSguide for that and it was like fourth time I performed it

MAXLEMPIRA

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, just tried to open Majora's Mask (didn't show banner) and it says...

An error ocurred (ErrDisp)
Error type: card removed
The card was removed

press any button to reboot

https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer.html

Was it this? if you did a CTR transfer and didnt backup your tickets then it wouldn't work.

I think nowpe... I used a DSi game on a previous hacked 2DS, injected the hacked game and save and then performed a System transfer throught System Settings to a New2DSXL, didn't do any hardmode or the CTR Transfer part.

By the way... can't find the section where you buy a DSi game to inject the hack and that stuff... is it outdated? Can't to do that anymore?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, just tried to open Majora's Mask (didn't show banner) and it says...

An error ocurred (ErrDisp)
Error type: card removed
The card was removed

press any button to reboot

I think nowpe... I used a DSi game on a previous hacked 2DS, injected the hacked game and save and then performed a System transfer throught System Settings to a New2DSXL, didn't do any hardmode or the CTR Transfer part.

By the way... can't find the section where you buy a DSi game to inject the hack and that stuff... is it outdated? Can't to do that anymore?

Oh it did a Dsiware system transfer then, games installed from the other system prior to the transfer wouldn't show up unless you mess around with the tickets.

MAXLEMPIRA

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh it did a Dsiware system transfer then, games installed from the other system prior to the transfer wouldn't show up unless you mess around with the tickets.
Yeah it was that method. And yes, any game installed on 2DS didn't show up on N2DSXL after the transfer, I just installed'em all again when 11.7 was the latest fw. But this problem happened after that, some weeks ago. She was able to play any game but she said that one day she wanted to play TriForce Heroes with her sister (She doesn't have this problem) and it did't worked, and after that, other games stop working too

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it was that method. And yes, any game installed on 2DS didn't show up on N2DSXL after the transfer, I just installed'em all again when 11.7 was the latest fw. But this problem happened after that, some weeks ago. She was able to play any game but she said that one day she wanted to play TriForce Heroes with her sister (She doesn't have this problem) and it did't worked, and after that, other games stop working too

https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Check the card. If the card is good you can do a CTR-Transfer to get a fresh NAND. But backup your save before proceeding with the CTR-Transfer.

MAXLEMPIRA

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico

MAXLEMPIRA

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.