Gaming Sticky Suggestion: Where to buy Pandora/Tool Batteries

dartdude6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking for a Tool battery all over the place and don't know where it's ok to buy from. I found some on eBay, some on eCrater, and Dealextreme (which I want to avoid because it's very slow). I heard that eBay can cancel your purchases and the seller can keep your money on a Tool battery and I have almost no idea what eCrater is. Anyways, where's a safe place to buy a Tool battery for a PSP-2000?

dartdude6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
themuddaload said:
not worth a sticky...

just quit bitching and get it from dealextreme... they're like $7...
Wow, wasn't really expecting somebody to flip out about buying a Pandora Battery where I don't have to wait a few weeks to get something I'm going to need for 2 minutes.

dib said:
Did you bother checking any of the GBAtemp sponsors? They're posted on the main page for a reason.
Well, it wasn't exactly put nicely but so far it's been the only post to actually help me. I didn't think of using the GBATemp sponsors because when I think of GBATemp, I think Nintendo consoles. I'll probably order from wikiNDS. Thanks for the help.

QUOTE(iban88 @ Nov 23 2009, 07:01 PM)
why would you sticky this

iban88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i apologize i miss read it. i got it after i re read it =/
but it sure would have been pretty god to hve had this earlier on when i was trying to get a p battery

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This site consists mostly of Nintendo fanboy types, but retailers generally don't choose to deal in only one system. And buying from the sponsors has several benefits:

They're as trustworthy as anybody that you'll find as an online store. Otherwise people here would complain and they would probably be dropped.

You're helping this site by proxy. Keeping those stores in business keeps this site in business. Everybody on this site constantly touts dealextreme despite their failings, yet this site doesn't gain anything from their success. I perceive a lack of priorities in this tradition.

After you're done buying, you can write a review in the reviews section about it and promote the fact. Nobody needs to hear about dealextreme because we all know that the shipping is slow and their customer support is lackluster. Dealwoot used to be a sponsor and I bought some screen protectors as a result, and the cost was easily comparable to dealextreme and the quality was great.

dartdude6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
This site consists mostly of Nintendo fanboy types, but retailers generally don't choose to deal in only one system. And buying from the sponsors has several benefits:

They're as trustworthy as anybody that you'll find as an online store. Otherwise people here would complain and they would probably be dropped.

You're helping this site by proxy. Keeping those stores in business keeps this site in business. Everybody on this site constantly touts dealextreme despite their failings, yet this site doesn't gain anything from their success. I perceive a lack of priorities in this tradition.

After you're done buying, you can write a review in the reviews section about it and promote the fact. Nobody needs to hear about dealextreme because we all know that the shipping is slow and their customer support is lackluster. Dealwoot used to be a sponsor and I bought some screen protectors as a result, and the cost was easily comparable to dealextreme and the quality was great.
Actually, Dealwoot is now GameByGame.com and is still a GBATemp sponsor: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=150958

I would buy from them, but they don't sell Pandora batteries.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
why would they sticky a question?
just because you think its cool to have a sticky its not.
everyone will look at it and go "ha wutanoob"

i agree with themuddaload.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:

Umm... Read the topic title carefully.
tongue.gif

"Sticky Suggestion: Where to buy Pandora/Tool Batteries, Can a mod make a sticky for this? "
He's asking a mod to make a sticky about "Where to buy Pandora/Tool Batteries", not to sticky this topic.
Look at post #5

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Raika said:
deanxxczx said:

tongue.gif

"Sticky Suggestion: Where to buy Pandora/Tool Batteries, Can a mod make a sticky for this? "
He's asking a mod to make a sticky about "Where to buy Pandora/Tool Batteries", not to sticky this topic.
Look at post #5

lol didn't read it because it was long.

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
deanxxczx said:
Raika said:
deanxxczx said:

tongue.gif

Look at post #5

great excuse! I would have never thought of that one.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
fkw12 said:
deanxxczx said:
Raika said:
deanxxczx said:

tongue.gif

Look at post #5

same here.
lolwhothefuckareyou

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
You know, it's not actuall that hard to make your battery into a pandora's.
I did mine myself, takes about 15 minutes, there are some pretty good guides over on psphacks that should sort it.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
mayhem366 said:
I did mine myself, takes about 15 minutes, there are some pretty good guides over on psphacks that should sort it.

it takes about one min. Its easy.
download UPTv5.0.2 make your battery into a pandora with saving the eeprom keys.
and then you can change it back.

dartdude6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deanxxczx said:
mayhem366 said:

it takes about one min. Its easy.
download UPTv5.0.2 make your battery into a pandora with saving the eeprom keys.
and then you can change it back.
Wait, don't I already need a PSP with CFW for that? And if I use that program, do I still need to open up the battery?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends upon your firmware(5.03 or below is good), but if that slim was in anything but the first batches of slims it won't be able to write to EEPROM anyway...

dartdude6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Depends upon your firmware(5.03 or below is good), but if that slim was in anything but the first batches of slims it won't be able to write to EEPROM anyway...
First batch... would the Daxter PSP-2000 bundle be considered the first batch? I can't even remember when I bought the system.

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
deanxxczx said:
fkw12 said:
deanxxczx said:
Raika said:
deanxxczx said:

tongue.gif

Look at post #5

same here.
lolwhothefuckareyou

how do you do that spoiler thing? thats neat!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: