Stickman

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Sep 16, 2009.

Sep 16, 2009

Stickman by Another World at 5:51 AM (1,398 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    [​IMG] Stickman
    NEW NDS Homebrew
    [​IMG]

Stickman is an action platformer for the NDS designed by students. The download contains all of the source code, and what I think is a binary. I throw this one out to the GBATemp community to test out and report back!

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Source
    [​IMG] Discuss

2. WhoRuJudge

Newcomer WhoRuJudge No, Who Are You?

United States
    I can't get past the loading of stage one.
    CycloDS on NDSL

Tried both .nds files and all files in the root of the card, nothin.

Also none of the .bat files worked for me.

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    The bats, etc. are for compiling the source. I managed to get it partway working in no$gba by compiling an FCSR image using the "filesystem" folder and running the ARM9.nds. However, the backgrounds failed to appear. This may imply that I failed to include one or more directories required for the game to run correctly, or it could just be a compatibility problem with no$gba. I might test further tomorrow, but if anyone else wants to try it, copy some of the included folders to your card along with the NDS and see how that goes. I can at least say that most people can ignore the ARM9.sc.nds, which is meant for old Supercards.

4. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    OK, I did some more testing and got it working what looks like correctly under no$gba, but I still can't get it working on hardware. Who knows, maybe it just plain doesn't work on hardware. I've uploaded just the binaries for ease of use (no source digging, cleanup, etc.). I included the regular and Supercard binaries despite neither working for me; maybe they'll work for someone else. stickman$.nds is for running under no$gba.

[​IMG] Download