Homebrew SteveIce10's sysUpdater isn't working

LOLIPOP_MASTER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
For some reason I can't make SteveIce10's sysUpdater to work. Were someone able to downgrade their 3ds with this version of sysUpdater?

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeppers. I literally just did it! Mostly because I'm impatient and couldn't wait for KTM.

Your best bet is to keep trying. I've heard some people claim that it takes multiple attempts to get the actual .cia installation. Try launching FTPBrony and then exit as soon as it starts before launching sysUpdate. This apparently increases the chance of it successfully working.

If it still doesn't work, try another exploit. I was able to get it to work via Menuhax I believe (I might've used Browserhax but I could be mistaken).

D

Deleted User

For some reason I can't make SteveIce10's sysUpdater to work. Were someone able to downgrade their 3ds with this version of sysUpdater?

You shouldn't use that one anyways; julian20's version has a much better chance of softbricking if anything goes wrong rather than hardbricking. Even if you get errors like 'failed to get cia information' or whatever, just keep trying. I'm sure plenty of people got it to work with that one, but I'm also sure plenty of people hardbricked, too.

Here's a link to his version: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/page-95#post-5923820

Reactions: LOLIPOP_MASTER

LOLIPOP_MASTER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Yeppers. I literally just did it! Mostly because I'm impatient and couldn't wait for KTM.

Your best bet is to keep trying. I've heard some people claim that it takes multiple attempts to get the actual .cia installation. Try launching FTPBrony and then exit as soon as it starts before launching sysUpdate. This apparently increases the chance of it successfully working.

You shouldn't use that one anyways; julian20's version has a much better chance of softbricking if anything goes wrong rather than hardbricking. Even if you get errors like 'failed to get cia information' or whatever, just keep trying. I'm sure plenty of people got it to work with that one, but I'm also sure plenty of people hardbricked, too.

Here's a link to his version: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/page-95#post-5923820

If it still doesn't work, try another exploit. I was able to get it to work via Menuhax I believe (I might've used Browserhax but I could be mistaken).
Thank you very much!

DaBlackDeath

.::[ lone wolf ]::.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yep, I have downgraded 2 O3DSXL 10.3 to 9.2 and installed rxTools. Was working for the first try for both O3DSXL.
For my 3DS I've used MENUHAX and for my niece's 3DS I used Ironhax.

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should also add that in my installation attempt the whole thing was successful, but I got a black screen upon reboot. If this happens, shut down the 3DS and move your Nintendo 3DS folder to your computer. It seems the 3DS won't boot due to certain eShop titles.

Last edited by Cornholio309,

LOLIPOP_MASTER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel

YOUR SOLUTION IS WORKING! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM