Egonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
apple-creation-0043-rm-eng.jpg
QUOTE said:
According to a report in Wired (and a source whom the publication says "could not be named"), Steve Jobs spoke to an audience of Apple employees at a town hall in Cupertino and... pulled zero punches. If you believe what you read, Jobs tackled a handful of major issues that have been buzzing the company lately, namely its run-ins with Google on a number of topics, and the lack of Flash support in its mobile devices (most notably in the upcoming iPad). On Google, Jobs had this to say: "We did not enter the search business. They entered the phone business. Make no mistake they want to kill the iPhone. We won't let them." According to the attendee, another topic was brought up but Steve wouldn't let the Google issue go, stating his thoughts on the company's famous 'Don't be evil' line. In Steve's words? "It's bullshit."

Furthermore Jobs had a handful of choice words for Adobe, calling the company "lazy" and claiming that "Apple does not support Flash because it is so buggy. Whenever a Mac crashes more often than not it's because of Flash. No one will be using Flash. The world is moving to HTML5." Of course, these amazing nuggets of wisdom come from a source which Engadget cannot verify, so it's possible there are misquotes or items taken out of context, though from the sounds of things, this kind of talk falls right in line with what we'd expect from the man who said Microsoft "had no taste" and makes "really third-rate products." We eagerly await Eric Schmidt's response.
QUOTE said:
Source

Yeah, he calls Adobe lazy, but he's the one making a giant iPod and calling it revolutionary
tongue.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Egonny said:
QUOTE said:
Furthermore Jobs had a handful of choice words for Adobe, calling the company "lazy" and claiming that "Apple does not support Flash because it is so buggy. Whenever a Mac crashes more often than not it's because of Flash.
Pretty funny considering Quicktime makes people crash way more than Flash does (at least from what I've seen).

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Pretty funny considering Quicktime makes people crash way more than Flash does (at least from what I've seen).

Quicktime, iTunes or any other software made by Apple that I had the misfortune of using are awful, from user interface to stability.

But hey, they're better than Microsoft because... well BECAUSE!!!!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Egonny said:
Yeah, he calls Adobe lazy, but he's the one making a giant iPod and calling it revolutionary
tongue.gif
And he's completely right in my opinion. Flash is a really bad product, and Adobe has horrible support. Some of the most important security problems are caused by Adobe products. Hackers don't even target Windows or Office anymore, they use Adobe products (like Flash and Reader) instead.

The world will hopefully move to HTML5 and replace Flash for the largest part. Still, Apple misses functionality on that part, at least as long as Flash is used a lot.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Adobe are quite lazy when it comes to flash. They still have to release 64bit flash officially. Probably by the time they get around to it HTML5 will be more widely adopted.
rolleyes.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a lot of people/websites know about HTML 5 and most use Flash. So right now we still need Flash!.

Anyways does Firefox support HTML 5? When I try to view a video that is HTML 5 in apple.com/safari/welcome it says Download Safari to view this page. When I try to view the page on my iPod Touch my ipod just crashes.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sfg said:
QUOTE said:

Quicktime, iTunes or any other software made by Apple that I had the misfortune of using are awful, from user interface to stability.

Both these opinions are coming from Windows users, I assume? iTunes and Quicktime run flawlessly on a Mac, yet run like shit on a PC (Quicktime especially). This isn't Apple's fault, the error is coming from Windows. Just like Office on a Mac is not as good as Office on the PC (that being said, Office still runs like crap on a PC).

Steve is right. 90% of the time my Mac crashes, it is due to Flash. I never looked at it this way, and he actually makes a good point.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
science said:
sfg said:
QUOTE said:

Both these opinions are coming from Windows users, I assume? iTunes and Quicktime run flawlessly on a Mac, yet run like shit on a PC (Quicktime especially). This isn't Apple's fault, the error is coming from Windows. Just like Office on a Mac is not as good as Office on the PC (that being said, Office still runs like crap on a PC).

Steve is right. 90% of the time my Mac crashes, it is due to Flash. I never looked at it this way, and he actually makes a good point.
Well Flash never crashes my Windows computer.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jakob95 said:
science said:
sfg said:
QUOTE said:

Because it's a different operating system. Adobe is lazy, and haven't made as good a product for Apple as they have for Microsoft, and Apple is therefore choosing to keep their half-assed versions away from their mobile platforms, which will only cause more problems then solve (this is what Jobs is thinking).

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
science said:
jakob95 said:
science said:
sfg said:
QUOTE said:

Because it's a different operating system. Adobe is lazy, and haven't made as good a product for Apple as they have for Microsoft, and Apple is therefore choosing to keep their half-assed versions away from their mobile platforms, which will only cause more problems then solve (this is what Jobs is thinking).

The same could be said of Apple, being lazy and making a product (As stated earlier, Quicktime) not run as well on other OS'.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
The same could be said of Apple, being lazy and making a product (As stated earlier, Quicktime) not run as well on other OS'.

The thing is though, Microsoft makes crappy Apple apps, Apple makes crappy Microsoft programs. Adobe is not Microsoft, and they should be making an equally good program for both companies, not a better one for Microsoft because they have a larger customer base

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But then again, QuickTime is not really a standard. Browsing the web without Flash is horrible, but using a computer without QuickTime or iTunes is fine. Adobe also has a ton more resources than Apple to develop for Macs. Apple is the frickin competitor to Windows. Why should they develop for it anyways? Microsoft is being an ass not giving the Zune HD to Macs. At least you can USE Apple products on a windows machine.

Browsing the modern web without flash makes a huge terrible white box. Computing without QuickTime or iTunes... No difference.

About the iPad... I think once people start using it in other ways than a big iPhone will be when app developers make specialized apps on it. Right now it's a joke. The onscreen keyboard makes me laugh. But I have to admit the price is pretty damn competitive. Even if they make 200$ on each sale.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
science said:
Law said:

The thing is though, Microsoft makes crappy Apple apps, Apple makes crappy Microsoft programs. Adobe is not Microsoft, and they should be making an equally good program for both companies, not a better one for Microsoft because they have a larger customer base

They don't have to make an equally good program, it's their choice whether not they should, and Apple claiming other people are half-assing programs just screams hypocrisy.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
science said:
Law said:

They don't have to make an equally good program, it's their choice whether not they should, and Apple claiming other people are half-assing programs just screams hypocrisy.

They don't have to, no, by all means. But this is why Apple isn't supporting it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse