Steve Jobs lashes out at Google and Adobe

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Egonny, Feb 1, 2010.

Feb 1, 2010
  1. Egonny
    OP

Member Egonny GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    [​IMG]

2. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Pretty funny considering Quicktime makes people crash way more than Flash does (at least from what I've seen).

3. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    lolapple

I wonder why people still buy their products.

4. sfg

Member sfg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Quicktime, iTunes or any other software made by Apple that I had the misfortune of using are awful, from user interface to stability.

But hey, they're better than Microsoft because... well BECAUSE!!!!

5. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    And he's completely right in my opinion. Flash is a really bad product, and Adobe has horrible support. Some of the most important security problems are caused by Adobe products. Hackers don't even target Windows or Office anymore, they use Adobe products (like Flash and Reader) instead.

The world will hopefully move to HTML5 and replace Flash for the largest part. Still, Apple misses functionality on that part, at least as long as Flash is used a lot.

6. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Adobe are quite lazy when it comes to flash. They still have to release 64bit flash officially. Probably by the time they get around to it HTML5 will be more widely adopted. [​IMG]

7. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Oh yes he. did. it! -snap-

8. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Not a lot of people/websites know about HTML 5 and most use Flash. So right now we still need Flash!.

Anyways does Firefox support HTML 5? When I try to view a video that is HTML 5 in apple.com/safari/welcome it says Download Safari to view this page. When I try to view the page on my iPod Touch my ipod just crashes.

9. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Both these opinions are coming from Windows users, I assume? iTunes and Quicktime run flawlessly on a Mac, yet run like shit on a PC (Quicktime especially). This isn't Apple's fault, the error is coming from Windows. Just like Office on a Mac is not as good as Office on the PC (that being said, Office still runs like crap on a PC).

Steve is right. 90% of the time my Mac crashes, it is due to Flash. I never looked at it this way, and he actually makes a good point.

10. Egonny
    OP

Member Egonny GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    Fact is, it will take a lot of time for HTML5 to replace Flash, thanks to browser compability (see: people still using IE6 [​IMG] )

11. Jakob95

United States
    Well Flash never crashes my Windows computer.

12. science

Canada
    Because it's a different operating system. Adobe is lazy, and haven't made as good a product for Apple as they have for Microsoft, and Apple is therefore choosing to keep their half-assed versions away from their mobile platforms, which will only cause more problems then solve (this is what Jobs is thinking).

13. Law

United Kingdom
    The same could be said of Apple, being lazy and making a product (As stated earlier, Quicktime) not run as well on other OS'.

14. science

Canada
    The thing is though, Microsoft makes crappy Apple apps, Apple makes crappy Microsoft programs. Adobe is not Microsoft, and they should be making an equally good program for both companies, not a better one for Microsoft because they have a larger customer base

15. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    Windows 7 is better

I have no experiences of Flash crashing on my XP and haven't heard about it crashing on macs until now

16. BakuFunn

Member BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    But then again, QuickTime is not really a standard. Browsing the web without Flash is horrible, but using a computer without QuickTime or iTunes is fine. Adobe also has a ton more resources than Apple to develop for Macs. Apple is the frickin competitor to Windows. Why should they develop for it anyways? Microsoft is being an ass not giving the Zune HD to Macs. At least you can USE Apple products on a windows machine.

Browsing the modern web without flash makes a huge terrible white box. Computing without QuickTime or iTunes... No difference.

About the iPad... I think once people start using it in other ways than a big iPhone will be when app developers make specialized apps on it. Right now it's a joke. The onscreen keyboard makes me laugh. But I have to admit the price is pretty damn competitive. Even if they make 200$ on each sale.

17. Law

United Kingdom
    They don't have to make an equally good program, it's their choice whether not they should, and Apple claiming other people are half-assing programs just screams hypocrisy.

18. science

Canada
    They don't have to, no, by all means. But this is why Apple isn't supporting it.

19. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    That's because if they didn't the ipod wouldn't sell half as much as it does

20. Jakob95

United States
    I still think they both should 'try" to work together imagine what both of them together could accomplish.