1. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Presumably his pancreatic cancer.

2. Snailface

OP Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Oh wow, CNET used the same "in memoriam"pic of Jobs that I did. Good taste, CNET. [​IMG]

I thought it captured a more friendly and personable side of Steve Jobs. [​IMG]

3. YayMii

YayMii hi

Canada
    He had pancreatic cancer since 2004, but Apple hasn't confirmed his cause of death.

4. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Senegal
    That was a huge shock. I didn't expect him to die so early.

Rest in peace Jobs. You have done a lot for the benefit of Apple.

5. Nimbus

Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

As much as I hate Apple as a company. And even though I am a Linux User down to the core...I cant help but feel sad that he is gone now, it's like a huge piece of the Computer Industry/World has died.

Apple will likely never be the same without him, they just wont be the Apple they always have been in the past. Steve Jobs essentially was Apple and nobody can replace him fully.

*Removes Cat eared Beanie*

RIP Steve Jobs. I may not have agreed with your company, or it's business practices, or even your OS, I may not even like your Overpriced Computers anymore.. but hot dammit you were an important member and entity in the Computer world, as well as a good person and thats something I always respect, because skill with computers is important, but being a good person is more important than anything else on earth or the universe.

Condolences to his family as well.

All of you out there...We lost a great man today, not because of his prowess in his field, but because he was just a great man.

Edit: Dawww....even my avatar seems to look sadder today, despite that it hasn't changed. Perhaps it's from me viewing with my current thoughts.

6. ibrawl

ibrawl Advanced Member

United States
    does any one wonder if he died from shock to see the reaction of the iphone 4s

7. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States

8. xbry23

xbry23 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Few people can say that they changed the world, and your one of them. R.I.P. Steve Jobs. [​IMG]

9. Deadmon

Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    Rest in peace Steve. Thanks for all your great contributions.

10. ibrawl

ibrawl Advanced Member

United States
    well it could be, but i find it odd that he died after the iphone press conference.

11. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Oh man, he went to Reed College? I go by within just a few blocks of that place nearly every single day, and was just there to see some Greek theater a couple weeks back. Kind of interesting to see that a computer and electronics man like himself went somewhere like Reed for even a semester. I guess his priorities weren't always in the place of computer innovation.

RIP Steve Jobs.

12. Snailface

OP Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

I'm sure he knew what was going to be presented at yesterday's keynote weeks in advance.
    What Costy said was a joke not to be taken seriously.

13. Nimbus

Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

Wow...really guys!? Honestly!? For realz!?

Must we be this uncivilized and use such distasteful jokes right now!? This isn't 4chan! Even as a regular user I completely detest this sort of mockery of someones death and uncalled behavior!

At least give the guy some respect! I hate Apple and even I can at least give him the respect over his passing away!

Btw, I have a good hunch it was his Pancreatic Cancer that killed him, or at least complications arising from it.

14. bdr9

bdr9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Why world somebody give this a thumbs-up on the front page??

15. ibrawl

ibrawl Advanced Member

United States
    i mean by how the crowd or the public reacted not the keynote it self

16. tk615

tk615 GBAtemp Regular

I took this from another website...But wow..

Barack Obama (President, United States of America)

Michelle and I are saddened to learn of the passing of Steve Jobs. Steve was among the greatest of American innovators – brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it.

By building one of the planet’s most successful companies from his garage, he exemplified the spirit of American ingenuity. By making computers personal and putting the internet in our pockets, he made the information revolution not only accessible, but intuitive and fun. And by turning his talents to storytelling, he has brought joy to millions of children and grownups alike. Steve was fond of saying that he lived every day like it was his last. Because he did, he transformed our lives, redefined entire industries, and achieved one of the rarest feats in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world.

The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented. Michelle and I send our thoughts and prayers to Steve’s wife Laurene, his family, and all those who loved him.

Bill Gates (Founder, Microsoft):

I’m truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs’ death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.
    Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.
    The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.
    For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it’s been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.

Mark Zuckerberg (Founder & CEO, Facebook):

Steve, thank you for being a mentor and a friend. Thanks for showing that what you build can change the world. I will miss you.

Eric Schmidt (Chairman, Google)

Steve Jobs is the most successful CEO in the U.S. of the last 25 years. He uniquely combined an artists touch and an engineers vision to build an extraordinary company… one of the greatest American leaders in history.

17. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    He said it in a was that it was not his creation, thus he was shocked by the keynote and it was volatile to him.

I mean, if it's distasteful that's one thing, but a joke that is not biting towards Jobs I see as no problem.

18. tk615

tk615 GBAtemp Regular

Yeah It's quite sickening when you have these sort of people in society....

19. Yu-Gi-Oh 100

Yu-Gi-Oh 100 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ah damn now apple is finished.

20. lordrand11

lordrand11 The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.

United States
    May vestri animus reperio pacis. May vestri mens reperio vires.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Steve,