1. We can't say for sure Steve Jobs was the only deciding factor for the DSi.
    Besides, the PSP had already been released, which had multimedia capabilities along with being a video game handheld.
    I would assume Nintendo released the DSi to try and compete with the PSP.

2. iFish

iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    Nah. I don't think so. Apple has enough brilliant people there to stay alive. I have faith in Tim Cook.

3. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Well I really think impact on popular culture as well its "allows the user to have everything at the palm of their hands" idea being so popular got Nintendo into it too.

Though your argument holds more water and is more likely.

4. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Others may not have faith in Apple's stock though...

5. Westside

Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Steve Jobs didn't design for apple. Steve is a brilliant leader who knew what is good design and what kind of people are capable of it. Johnny Ive is responsible for your modern generation apple design decisions. However, without his leadership, apple may struggle a bit, but not to a point of oblivion.

6. YayMii

YayMii hi

Canada
    I didn't say you had to agree with ALL of my points. But your posts seem to indicate that you think a computer that isn't limited to being a fancy typewriter/calculator isn't revolutionary.

7. HeyItzRayy

HeyItzRayy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    God this is sad D=

8. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I doubt it matters, the hype future Apple products get and estimated sales will likely make up for what they lose.

That said, I don't know too much about stocks, I certainly know the basics.

9. iFish

iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    I like how Steve had a billion dollar company, but no expensive suit. Just jeans and a black shirt.
    Down to earth guy.

http://500px.com/photo/875827

10. TheDarkSeed

TheDarkSeed I'm a pretentious sack of shit

United States
    I'm not a big fan of apple But I do appreciate what Mr. Jobs did, The Apple products he made may be hella expensive, but in his own way, I'd like to believe he helped the advancement of technology because he made really good products keeping the competition strong.

After achieving so much, he has earned a well deserved rest. [​IMG]

11. haddad

haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    This is really sad. Steve Jobs was an amazing guy, he helped with Windows and also the co-founder of Apple and because of him Apple was going up like crazy...

This is heartbreaking...... Hope all the best Steve Jobs..... Hope your company still stays as good as when you were here

12. Hydreigon

Hydreigon Isn't that DELICIOUS!?

It's sad that he's gone... [​IMG]
    Rest in peace, Steve...

13. Snailface

OP Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Here's a good timeline of Steve Job's life from the AP. On of the more interesting tidbits is that he worked for Atari once and attended something called the Homebrew Computer Club. That sounds cool. [​IMG]

My first experience with a PC was the green LCDed Apple IIe from my 7th grade Comp Sci class. Those were good times although it makes me feel really old. [​IMG] Anyway, thanks Steve for all the great, geeky stuff you helped give the world and RIP, man.

1955: Stephen Paul Jobs is born on Feb. 24.

1972: Jobs enrolls at Reed College in Portland, Ore., but drops out after a semester.

1974: Jobs works for video game maker Atari and attends meetings of the Homebrew Computer Club with Steve Wozniak, a high school friend who was a few years older.

1975: Jobs and Woz attend Homebrew Computer Club meetings.

1976: Apple Computer is formed on April Fool's Day, shortly after Wozniak and Jobs create a new computer circuit board in a Silicon Valley garage. A third co-founder, Ron Wayne, leaves the company after less than two weeks. The Apple I computer goes on sale by the summer for $666.66.

1977: Apple is incorporated by its founders and a group of venture capitalists. It unveils Apple II, the first personal computer to generate color graphics. Revenue reaches $1 million.

1978: Jobs' daughter Lisa is born to girlfriend Chrisann Brennan.

1979: Jobs visits Xerox Palo Alto Research Center, or PARC, and is inspired by a computer with a graphical user interface.

1980: Apple goes public, raising $110 million in one of the biggest initial public offerings to date.

1982: Annual revenue climbs to $1 billion.

1983: The Lisa computer goes on sale with much fanfare, only to be pulled two years later. Jobs lures John Sculley away from Pepsico Inc. to serve as Apple's CEO.

1984: Iconic "1984" Macintosh commercial directed by Ridley Scott airs during the Super Bowl. The Macintosh computer goes on sale.

1985: Jobs and Sculley clash, leading to Jobs' resignation. Wozniak also resigns from Apple this year.

1986: Jobs starts Next Inc., a new computer company making high-end machines for universities. He also buys Pixar from "Star Wars" creator George Lucas for $10 million.

1989: First NeXT computer goes on sale with a $6,500 price tag.

1991: Apple and IBM Corp. announce an alliance to develop new PC microprocessors and software. Apple unveils portable Macs called PowerBook.

1993: Apple introduces the Newton, a hand-held, pen-based computer. The company reports quarterly loss of $188 million in July. Sculley is replaced as CEO by Apple president Michael Spindler. Apple restructures, and Sculley resigns as chairman. At Next, Jobs decides to focus on software instead of whole computers.

1994: Apple introduces Power Macintosh computers based on the PowerPC chip it developed with IBM and Motorola. Apple decides to license its operating software and allow other companies to "clone" the Mac, adopting the model championed by Microsoft Corp.

1995: The first Mac clones go on sale. Microsoft releases Windows 95, which is easier to use than previous versions and is more like the Mac system. Apple struggles with competition, parts shortages and mistakes predicting customer demand. Pixar's "Toy Story," the first commercial computer-animated feature, hits theaters. Pixar goes to Wall Street with an IPO that raises $140 million.

1996: Apple announces plans to buy Next for $430 million for the operating system Jobs' team developed. Jobs is appointed an adviser to Apple. Gil Amelio replaces Spindler as CEO.

1997: Jobs becomes "interim" CEO after Amelio is pushed out. He foreshadows the marketing hook for a new product line by calling himself "iCEO." Jobs puts an end to Mac clones.

1998: Apple returns to profitability. It shakes up personal computer industry in 1998 with the candy-colored, all-in-one iMac desktop, the original models shaped like a futuristic TV. Apple discontinues the Newton.

2000: Apple removes "interim" label from Jobs' CEO title.

2001: The first iPod goes on sale, as do computers with OS X, the modern Mac operating system based on Next software. Apple also releases iTunes software.

2003: Apple launches the iTunes Music Store with 200,000 songs at 99 cents each, giving people a convenient way to buy music legally online. It sells 1 million songs in the first week.

2004: Jobs undergoes surgery for a rare but curable form of pancreatic cancer. Apple discloses his illness after the fact.

2005: Apple expands the iPod line with the tiny Nano and an iPod that can play video. The company also announces that future Macs will use Intel chips.

2006: Disney buys Pixar for $7.4 billion. Jobs becomes Disney's largest individual shareholder, and much of his wealth is derived from this sale.

2007: Apple releases its first smartphone, the iPhone. Crowds camp overnight at stores to be one of the first to own the new device.

2008: Speculation mounts that Jobs is ill, given weight loss. In September he kicks off an Apple event and says, "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated," making a play off a famous Mark Twain quote after Bloomberg News accidentally publishes, then retracts, an obituary that it had prepared in advance.

2009: Jobs explains severe weight loss by saying he has a treatable hormone imbalance and that he will continue to run Apple. Days later he backtracks and announces he will be on medical leave. He returns to work in June. Later it is learned that he received a liver transplant.

2010: Apple sells 15 million of its newest gadget, the iPad, in nine months, giving rise to a new category of modern touch-screen tablet computers.

Jan. 17, 2011: In a memo to Apple employees, Jobs announces a second medical leave with no set duration. Cook again steps in to run day-to-day operations. Jobs retains CEO title and remains involved in major decisions.

Aug. 24, 2011: Apple announces that Jobs is resigning as CEO. Cook takes the CEO title, and Apple names Jobs chairman.

Oct. 5, 2011: Jobs dies at 56. Apple announces his death without giving a specific cause.

14. [​IMG]

A picture is worth a thousand words.

15. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I may as well buy the iPhone 4S now since it's not likely to get better from now on.

16. tk615

tk615 GBAtemp Regular

May you rest in peace Steve Jobs. I myself am not an Apple fan, but I use both my Mac and PC. I must say though, Apple really has come along way. Managing to achieve things that other companies can't right now. Not only that, because of Apple other companies are pushing themselves too, to keep in game with the other big respective companies. But its really your own choice of opinion, I'd say that Apple, whether you like it or not has changed how people interact with technology. Along with designs. He will be missed! [​IMG]

17. Nujui

Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    RIP Steve.

18. BloodWolfJW

BloodWolfJW Marotheit

United States
    I remove my hat for a true founder of modern technology has passed. I didn't like MACs, and I didn't even like MACBooks, but I'll be damned if that man wasn't a visionary. Steve, I'll miss ya buddy. [​IMG]

19. EpicJungle

EpicJungle stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy

Canada
    Thank you Steve for what you done for the world! May you rest in peace!
    :(

Does anyone know how he died though?

20. ibrawl

ibrawl Advanced Member

United States
    it's sad to see a person of that, and what he has done die. We will just have to see if apple can
    still move on and as great as before.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Steve,