Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Pawnee just got a whole lot prettier!

During Friday morning's Television Critics Association Press Tour, NBC bigwigs Angela Bromstad and Jeff Gaspin kicked things off with a few crazy exciting announcements—the first being Rob Lowe's big Parks and Recreation promotion...

After popping by Indiana's most famous city service department this spring, Rob Lowe will be back full-time when(ever) Parks and Recreation returns—and fingers crossed that's soon! His auditing cohort Adam Scott (fresh off his Party Down cancellation) has already been promoted to series regular, so based on the manner in which these two entered the world of Pawnee, things are not looking good for Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) and her beloved job.

That said, maybe Rob's guy Chris Traeger sticking around will mean a much-needed love interest for Rashida Jones' Ann...just sayin'.

And lucky for you fans of the Peacock net, that was just the tip of the iceberg on the NBC newsy fun front:

• 30 Rock will air a live episode Oct. 14, much to the excitement of Tina Fey. "Coming from [Saturday Night Live], Lorne Michaels and Tina are very up for it!" Angela also noted that the cast was asked if this was even something they'd be interested in before a live ep was just sprung on them.

• Kathy Bates will definitely be back on The Office this fall—perhaps as a way to draw the returning Holly Flax (Amy Ryan) back to Dunder Mifflin Scranton?

• Speaking of The Office, Angela also revealed that the wheels are in motion to find a Steve Carell/Michael Scott replacement. "In terms of who will replace Michael, there will be a lot of storyline leading up to that," she tells reporters. Also, it's important to note that The Office producers and NBC execs were well aware that this would be Steve's final season on the fan fave series long before the public was let in on the news.

• Drew Carey will be stopping by everyone's favorite college sometime this fall, with a gig on Community. He'll be in third episode of the season as a guy from Jeff's old law firm. Also stopping by Community is Rob Corddry, as Jeff's old pal from his lawyer days.

• When asked about CBS moving The Big Bang Theory to Thursdays opposite NBC's comedy lineup (specifically Community), both Angela and Jeff reiterated their confidence in the now sophomore series. The execs fully support Dan Harmon's piece of comedy gold and believe it will fare well against TBBT. In fact, the two are hoping to broaden Community's audience altogether.

• Angela says that Law & Order: Los Angeles (aka LOLA) will aim to keep the original's spirit alive. Terrence Howard has also joined the cast, alongside the previously announced Skeet Ulrich.

Sauce

I love Steve Carell on The Office him and Raine Wilson have carried that show for its entire run, but a new main character is just about the only thing that might save this dying show. I hope it's Ricky Gervais, there were rumors of him joining the cast last season but I didn't watch enough to know if he did actually make an appearance. Perhaps Dwight will be promoted? In other news CBS thinks The Big Bang Theory can compete with Community. CBS is nuts, that show sucks.

D

Deleted_171835

Logan 5 said:
In other news CBS thinks The Big Bang Theory can compete with Community. CBS is nuts, that show sucks.
The Big Bang Theory doesn't suck. It's funny!
It pales in comparison to Community, though. Community is much better. If they're putting in the same timeslot as Community on other channels, they are insane.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
SoulSnatcher said:
Logan 5 said:
In other news CBS thinks The Big Bang Theory can compete with Community. CBS is nuts, that show sucks.
The Big Bang Theory doesn't suck. It's funny!
It pales in comparison to Community, though. Community is much better. If they're putting in the same timeslot as Community on other channels, they are insane.

Thank you Steve Carell for your awesome job on The Office,if he is gone I'm stopping watching, we'll be missing.

TBBT vs. Community that is like choosing who will live or who will die (but not for me, since I download everything
yaynds.gif
) because both are excellent.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol bump
Logan 5 said:
well now that the season premiers of each show have aired the results are in:

The Big Bang Theory pulled in almost triple the amount of viewers (14 million) compared to Community (5 million)

so I guess CBS knew what they were doing all along
Community was already struggling pretty bad last season with viewers, its probably gonna get canceled soon

source: http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010...re-ratings.html

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah Community never stood a chance against The Big Bang Theory, Community will probably be canceled. Kinda sad I do like Community but I love The Big Bang Theory!

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Steve Carell is done?! DONE?!
The only reason I watch that is for Dwight, Jim, and him.
*unintentional rhyme*
In other news, I enjoyed Community a little, but it wasn't as good as it could have been. I liked that one episode with the boat class, though. xD *sails past window in a parking lot*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...