Steve Carell finished filming The Office

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by ShadowSoldier, Mar 4, 2011.

Mar 4, 2011
  1. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    So as you may or may not know, season 7 is Steve Carell's last season of "The Office". It's sad because the whole show was based around him and his life as manager at Dunder Mifflin/Sabre.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/03/04/steve-ca...-on-the-office/

After Season 4, The Office has been subpar at best. Jokes aren't all that funny anymore. But I've been continuing to watch it to see it to the end.

2. MFDC12

Member MFDC12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Agreed, only I only catch episodes here and there these days

3. SmokeFox

Member SmokeFox Jesus Christ is the Lord

Brazil
    Bye bye to him.

4. tagzard

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
    Its not gunna be the same anymore. But if dwight becomes manager i might watch it

5. Tokyo Jihen

Member Tokyo Jihen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I heard Will Ferrell is coming on, for a couple episodes, but after that, I wonder who'll replace Michael. I hope it's Creed, haha.

6. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Wait, they were funny before that?

I never liked this show at all. I don't find "comedy" shows like these funny. Another example of a show like this is Parks and Recreation. The humor in both of these shows is just so dry and unfunny.

7. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    Yeah, apparently he's coming in before Michael leaves, just to make the transition easier.

There's talks that they will continue the series after Michael leaves, which I hope doesn't come true.

8. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I never really liked the office; Decent concept, but subpar show.

I wonder what's gonna happen. Didn't the whole show revolve around him?

9. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    Maybe they would give him a new show?

10. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    eww, no will ferrel please.

while carell was funny his humor was exhausting... won't miss him.

11. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    Ferrel isn't there for good. Just to ease the transition and give that branch a manager. Basically to just go along with the story. It's either Ferrel as Manager, or Ryan Howard on the show, and we all know how horrible the show became when he was promoted as Michael's boss.

12. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    ryane is a producer for the show, and writer, and director... i think he knows he's not that great in it because he could easily make his role more prominent but ever since he came back from being the big boss he is just in the background.

13. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Agreed. To me it falls in line with shows that try so hard to be funny they are transparent in doing so and lose all sense of humor, like Robot Chicken.

14. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    Well up to season 4, the show was funny, not because it tried so hard as it does now, but because of the awkward moments in it. Like the dumb awkward things Michael says, when he thinks he's sounding smart.

I mean, Season 7 has it's moments. It's a lot better than Season 5 and 7, because they're focusing more on Michael. But when you break down the season, Michael is the only one who's been consistent, and I think it's the other people's characters that are making him seem less funny.

Michael: Guy who thinks he's the funniest and does awkward things.

Jim: Character who went to being a guy just working at Dunder Mifflin not wanting a career and playing pranks, now has a career at Dunder Mifflin and doesn't do pranks.

Dwight: Character who was always the whiney, goody goody who would never do wrong and was loyal, is now a guy who thinks he's the greatest person in the building.

Pam: She went from being the shy one, to being a more open outgoing one (to me I think she's gotten funnier.)

Phyllis: Who went from being that sweet grandmother that you loved, to just being plain annoying.

Andy: Went from being a character who was trying to make a name for himself, who is now trying to just fit in.

Stanley: Perfect every season.

Creed: Died down in the last couple of seasons.

Meredith: Went from office slut to just a prop.

Kevin: Awkward funny moments to trying too hard.

Oscar: Went from someone who thought he was better than everyone but staying quiet, to flaunting it.

Angela: Became a prop.

Ryan: Prop.

Kelly: Annoying character. Yes she's supposed to be, but it's too much. Trying too hard.

Daryl: Warehouse Guy to Office Man, thus making him follow rules now.

15. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Well at least his departure was smooth, unlike Charlie Sheen's from 2.5 Men.

16. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    Honestly, when he said to Jo that he misses Holly Flax from Nashua, and she said she'll see what she can do, I was so happy. I loved the fact that Michael found someone who loves him and is just as awkward as him. I was bugged when they broke up.

17. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    well jim has to support a baby now (as well as pam does also) so he cant do the sort of crazy stuff he used to do, occasionally but not that much anymore

and dwight owns the building now so he is pretty much entitled to that, or at least he thinks so

18. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    But that's what I'm saying, Dwight shouldn't be the owner, and Jim and Pam shouldn't have had a baby. If you compare them to their younger counterparts, it's like you're watching an entirely different show.