Stereotypical opinions of muslims

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am a Muslim and I was wondering why everyone has a stereotypical view of us and why does everyone think that were all terrorists and want to kill ourselves for god.

could some explain why I am constantly subjected to stereotypical abuse by some of my mates for the above reason.

and plus what your opinions on this?

thanks

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you realize saying "everyone has a stereotypical view" is in a sense another stereotype? Anyway, it's not everyone that holds these views, mainly just the braindead Americans that can't seem to grasp the idea that there are good Muslims and there are bad Muslims, the same way there are good white people and bad white people, etcetera etcetera. They just think "Muslims blew up our towers and killed our Americans, so if terrorist=Muslim, then Muslim=terrorist." Not everyone is that ignorant and unintelligent, but unfortunately, a lot of people are.

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is some of the GARBAGE going around the net about Muslims. It is not true but it looks like it and that combined with other things makes people think that all Muslims are bad. I am a devout Christian but I have many friends from other religons including Muslims. It all comes down to control and fear is a good way to control people. Here is the crap I was talking about:

As long as the Muslim population remains around 1% of any given country they will be regarded as a peace-loving minority and not as a threat to anyone. In fact, they may be featured in articles and films, stereotyped for their colorful uniqueness:

United States — Muslim 1.0%
Australia — Muslim 1.5%
Canada — Muslim 1.9%
China — Muslim 1%-2%
Italy — Muslim 1.5%
Norway — Muslim 1.8%

At 2% and 3% they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups with major recruiting from the jails.

Denmark — Muslim 2%
Germany — Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom — Muslim 2.7%
Spain — Muslim 4%
Thailand — Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population.
They will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature it on their shelves — along with threats for failure to comply. ( United States ).

France — Muslim 8%
Philippines — Muslim 5%
Sweden — Muslim 5%
Switzerland — Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands — Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad &Tobago — Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islam is not to convert the world but to establish Sharia law over the entire world.
When Muslims reach 10% of the population, they will increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions ( Paris –car-burnings). Any non-Muslim action that offends Islam will result in uprisings and threats ( Amsterdam – Mohammed cartoons).

Guyana — Muslim 10%
India — Muslim 13.4%
Israel — Muslim 16%
Kenya — Muslim 10%
Russia — Muslim 10-15%

After reaching 20% expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings and church and synagogue burning:
Ethiopia — Muslim 32.8%

At 40% you will find widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks and ongoing militia warfare:

Bosnia — Muslim 40%
Chad — Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon — Muslim 59.7%

From 60% you may expect unfettered persecution of non-believers and other religions, sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels:

Albania — Muslim 70%
Malaysia — Muslim 60.4%
Qatar — Muslim 77.5%
Sudan — Muslim 70%

After 80% expect State run ethnic cleansing and genocide:

Bangladesh — Muslim 83%
Egypt — Muslim 90%
Gaza — Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia — Muslim 86.1%
Iran — Muslim 98%
Iraq — Muslim 97%
Jordan — Muslim 92%
Morocco — Muslim 98.7%
Pakistan — Muslim 97%
Palestine — Muslim 99%
Syria — Muslim 90%
Tajikistan — Muslim 90%
Turkey — Muslim 99.8%
United Arab Emirates — Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of ‘Dar-es-Salaam’ — the Islamic House of Peace — there’s (supposed) to be peace because everybody is a Muslim: we know however that this isnt true is it...?

Afghanistan — Muslim 100%
Saudi Arabia — Muslim 100%
Somalia — Muslim 100%
Yemen — Muslim 99.9%

Of course, that’s not the case. To satisfy their blood lust, Muslims then start killing each other for a variety of reasons...and they are coming to a neighborhood near you...so keep thinking they are not going to harm you and they "accept" you.

EDIT: P.S. I do not believe this junk I am just showing the crap that gets spread around falsely about Islamic people.

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PeregrinFig said:
Do you realize saying "everyone has a stereotypical view" is in a sense another stereotype? Anyway, it's not everyone that holds these views, mainly just the braindead Americans that can't seem to grasp the idea that there are good Muslims and there are bad Muslims, the same way there are good white people and bad white people, etcetera etcetera. They just think "Muslims blew up our towers and killed our Americans, so if terrorist=Muslim, then Muslim=terrorist." Not everyone is that ignorant and unintelligent, but unfortunately, a lot of people are.
at least you get my point and you arent ignorant

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
elmoreas said:
This is some of the GARBAGE going around the net about Muslims. It is not true but it looks like it and that combined with other things makes people think that all Muslims are bad. I am a devout Christian but I have many friends from other religons including Muslims. It all comes down to control and fear is a good way to control people. Here is the crap I was talking about:

As long as the Muslim population remains around 1% of any given country they will be regarded as a peace-loving minority and not as a threat to anyone. In fact, they may be featured in articles and films, stereotyped for their colorful uniqueness:

United States — Muslim 1.0%
Australia — Muslim 1.5%
Canada — Muslim 1.9%
China — Muslim 1%-2%
Italy — Muslim 1.5%
Norway — Muslim 1.8%

At 2% and 3% they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups with major recruiting from the jails.

Denmark — Muslim 2%
Germany — Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom — Muslim 2.7%
Spain — Muslim 4%
Thailand — Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population.
They will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature it on their shelves — along with threats for failure to comply. ( United States ).

France — Muslim 8%
Philippines — Muslim 5%
Sweden — Muslim 5%
Switzerland — Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands — Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad &Tobago — Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islam is not to convert the world but to establish Sharia law over the entire world.
When Muslims reach 10% of the population, they will increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions ( Paris –car-burnings). Any non-Muslim action that offends Islam will result in uprisings and threats ( Amsterdam – Mohammed cartoons).

Guyana — Muslim 10%
India — Muslim 13.4%
Israel — Muslim 16%
Kenya — Muslim 10%
Russia — Muslim 10-15%

After reaching 20% expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings and church and synagogue burning:
Ethiopia — Muslim 32.8%

At 40% you will find widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks and ongoing militia warfare:

Bosnia — Muslim 40%
Chad — Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon — Muslim 59.7%

From 60% you may expect unfettered persecution of non-believers and other religions, sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels:

Albania — Muslim 70%
Malaysia — Muslim 60.4%
Qatar — Muslim 77.5%
Sudan — Muslim 70%

After 80% expect State run ethnic cleansing and genocide:

Bangladesh — Muslim 83%
Egypt — Muslim 90%
Gaza — Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia — Muslim 86.1%
Iran — Muslim 98%
Iraq — Muslim 97%
Jordan — Muslim 92%
Morocco — Muslim 98.7%
Pakistan — Muslim 97%
Palestine — Muslim 99%
Syria — Muslim 90%
Tajikistan — Muslim 90%
Turkey — Muslim 99.8%
United Arab Emirates — Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of ‘Dar-es-Salaam’ — the Islamic House of Peace — there’s (supposed) to be peace because everybody is a Muslim: we know however that this isnt true is it...?

Afghanistan — Muslim 100%
Saudi Arabia — Muslim 100%
Somalia — Muslim 100%
Yemen — Muslim 99.9%

Of course, that’s not the case. To satisfy their blood lust, Muslims then start killing each other for a variety of reasons...and they are coming to a neighborhood near you...so keep thinking they are not going to harm you and they "accept" you.

EDIT: P.S. I do not believe this junk I am just showing the crap that gets spread around falsely about Islamic people.
wow what a load of shit.....

LocoRoco

Trophies
XP
Country
The way i look it you don't see any one but muslims that do suicide bombing and being happy/taking pride when they kill a lot of people...and vow to do it again..

(you dont have to be from afghanistan,iran,iraq its just the faith(Koran) and what they teach......

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LocoRoco said:
The way i look it you don't see any one but muslims that do suicide bombing and being happy/taking pride when they kill a lot of people...and vow to do it again..

(you dont have to be from afghanistan,iran,iraq its just the faith(Koran) and what they teach......

I'd hate to be pedantic but if memory serves me correct, the tamil tigers have used the mthod of suicide bombings. ACtually teh first use of suicide bombings in the modern era goes back to Alexander II.

I don't view muslims are suicide bombers. That is simply reactionary. In all honesty, I just find grouping a demographic by one opinion is utterly pointless. If you want to judge individuals, it should be by the values and character the individual holds.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:

Muslim =/(always)= terrorist. End of.
closedeyes.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tehnoobshow said:
im a muslim and im wandering why every1 has a stereotyocial view of us and why does every1 think that were all terroists and wnat to kill oursleves for god.

cud sum explain why im constantly subjected to stereotypical abuse by some of my mates for the above reason.

and plus what ur opinions on this?

thanks
I love how your sig is a bunch of terrible lies.

And ontopic: people whine too much. Some assholes have stereotypical views on certain ethnical groups, some don't. Get over it.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
My managers a muslim, and I don't hold any stereotypes to him, other than him being like ... what Americans would call a fanatic (doesn't believe in evolution, hates gays, etc.)

In fact he's a really nice guy - the only time I've ever had him say something really....reprimanding to me was today, because I lied to him about a no sale (opens the register without...a sale...). The register only let's us do it if were getting change or returning customer change. My paycheck was in the register...so I put "forgot customer change"

Point is...no serious individual holds stereotypes of people to be true until another indivudual proves it true for themselves.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me ask you a question. How many millions of Muslems would think it was ok to kill me if I drew a cartoon of muhammed? It's that type of behavior that makes civilized people think muslems are savages. That and there's also the stoning of gays and women. What do you think would happen to me if I brought a bible into Saudi Arabia. Seems to me that Islam is intolerant in the extreme. You don't get that type of image problem for no reason.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pliskron said:
Let me ask you a question. How many millions of Muslems would think it was ok to kill me if I drew a cartoon of muhammed? It's that type of behavior that makes civilized people think muslems are savages. That and there's also the stoning of gays and women. What do you think would happen to me if I brought a bible into Saudi Arabia. Seems to me that Islam is intolerant in the extreme. You don't get that type of image problem for no reason.

But you're focusing on the extremes. There are christians with such extreme views on women and homosexuality. ANd if want to use Saudi Arabia than I should bring up Bangladesh. Bangladesh's population is mainly muslim but constitutionally it's a secular state with national holidays for a number of religions. It's not perfect in that regard but I put the blame towards the conservative parts of Bangladeshi politics.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
I can see so many things wrong with what you just said. Saying 'civilized people', implying that all Muslims are uncivilized barbarians, sounds the most racist to me out of that entire post. Also, not all Muslims do these things. Some white people join the KKK and burn crosses and lynch people. Does this mean caucasians are a bunch of murderous savages?

For the record, I'm not in any way Muslim, I was raised Christian and would now consider myself more agnostic. I just really hate racism.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I can assure you that not all Americans (I assume you're mostly talking about us) feel this way about Muslim people, it's an unfortunate truth that our main media outlets here are rabid fearmongers that have been using the words "Muslim" and "Terrorist" interchangeably for nearly a decade.
It's even worse in the "Bible Belt" of the southern US, where everybody that isn't a WASP (white anglo-saxon protestant) is painted as being the antichrist. This often includes our own President Obama...and many times the question of him being a Muslim is tossed into the conversation, as an allusion to him being inherently evil.

Conversations like that are why I question our need for religion of any sort.

Our world is in a sick sad state, these days.
Where good, decent people are likened to being murderers simply because of their religious beliefs,
while true atrocities go unnoticed.

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Warrior522 said:
PeregrinFig said:

Muslim =/(always)= terrorist. End of.
closedeyes.gif

closedeyes.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i get more offended when ppl say all arabs are terrorists

... since when are all arabs muslims? seriously stereotypes are SO bad these days that some dnt even know that there is a hefty part of the arab countries that are not muslim

i mean dnt get me wrong here, i aint intending that all muslims are terrorists either

living in a arab country, and an EXTREMELY ethnic arab country (we have 18 sects living here in lb) i can probably most reflect at this

Muslims/arab countries etc do not like the idea of terrorists nor do they support them.

for example some 2 years ago i think Lebanon actually invaded one of these terrorist camps situated here, surprised our poor army did a good enough job, but meh at least we still stand up to these idiots

i really wonder when ppl are gna start putting these stereotypes aside and just live peacefully; probably never i suppose.

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:
While I can assure you that not all Americans (I assume you're mostly talking about us) feel this way about Muslim people, it's an unfortunate truth that our main media outlets here are rabid fearmongers that have been using the words "Muslim" and "Terrorist" interchangeably for nearly a decade.
It's even worse in the "Bible Belt" of the southern US, where everybody that isn't a WASP (white anglo-saxon protestant) is painted as being the antichrist. This often includes our own President Obama...and many times the question of him being a Muslim is tossed into the conversation, as an allusion to him being inherently evil.

Conversations like that are why I question our need for religion of any sort.

Our world is in a sick sad state, these days.
Where good, decent people are likened to being murderers simply because of their religious beliefs,
while true atrocities go unnoticed.

no no dont get me wrong i wasnt pointing the finger specifically at americans.
and at least your not ignorant

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."