Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Errrr sorry really. But even Muslims here in the Philippines(especially Mindanao) are really scary ; always causing wars and destruction. For e.g. the Ampatuan Maguindanao Massacre or even teh 9/11.

I really... have a very bad impression on Muslims. And sorry about that because that characteristic is already implanted on most people.
wtf.gif

BUT DON'T GET ME WRONG. I have a muslim classmate but he is a converted one so there's at least one who I know isn't going to kill me because of his beliefs.
unsure.gif

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Infinite Zero said:
Errrr sorry really. But even Muslims here in the Philippines(especially Mindanao) are really scary ; always causing wars and destruction. For e.g. the Ampatuan Maguindanao Massacre or even teh 9/11.

I really... have a very bad impression on Muslims. And sorry about that because that characteristic is already implanted on most people.
wtf.gif
I have to admit, there are a lot of bad muslims in the world these days. There tainting the name of Islam. But I assure you not all muslims are like that.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
Yeah sure. Do note though, I originally read the Qu'ran in it's original language, arabic. I've only started relatively recently to read the Qu'ran in an English translation and analysis.

That's alright, they're less questions on the Qu'ran and more about some beliefs and ideologies, and your application of them. Even though they say the Qu'ran is hard to translate the general gist of alot of the ideologies, both political and social, still comes across. Hopefully we can help to shatter some stereotypes in this thread.
smile.gif
I argue with alot of EDL members and see alot of the propaganda they push so they're questions are mostly based on shattering that propaganda if you get me.

What's your take on the ideology of Dar-al-Islam, Dar-al-Harb and Dar-al-Kufr (sorry if the spelling is incorrect) in modern society?
What's your take on the rule of not making friends with non-believers? You obviously don't follow it, or at least you a good job of hiding it if you do! lol
Music, yes or no?
What's your view on Wahabbi?
What's your opinion on the political ideology embedded in Islam? Such as higher taxes for non-believers, a seperated area for non-believers and that kind of thing.
Right-wingers tend to push forward the idea that Taqqiya (spelling?) is the right in Islam to lie in the promotion of Islam. It's not though is it? Isn't it just the right to denounce your faith if your life is in danger?
In the Qu'ran it states that when living in a non-Islamic state you should follow and abide by their laws. What's your opinion on those who say that all Muslims actively seek to have the full Sharia law and penal system introduced?
What's your view on Islamists?
The Burqa, cultural or religious? What's your opinion on what the Qu'ran states? Is it just the Hajib a requirement or do you believe full body covering is implied?
This one may seem a strange question, but it's about culture. I know you're English, but what country are your parents/grand-parents/great-grand-parents from or are you White English Muslim? I usually ask this because the severity of belief differs from country to country.

EDIT : Oh yeah, forgot one. What's your view on Anjem Choudray? (Can't remember how to spell his name but don't have enough respect for the bloke to care)

I've got a few more if you don't mind but I didn't want to bog you down.

D

Deleted_171835

BobTheJoeBob said:
Infinite Zero said:

wtf.gif
I have to admit, there are a lot of bad muslims in the world these days. There tainting the name of Islam. But I assure you not all muslims are like that.
Just thought I'd have a word in.
If they're terrorists they shouldn't be called Muslims. They should be called what they are, terrorists. Muslims don't invoke terror. Terrorists do and terrorists aren't Muslims. They're idiots who follow their own twisted ideologies.
mellow.gif

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
If they're terrorists they shouldn't be called Muslims. They should be called what they are, terrorists. Muslims don't invoke terror. Terrorists do and terrorists aren't Muslims. They're idiots who follow their own twisted ideologies.
mellow.gif
Is that like:
"US soldiers don't kill civilians, because anyone that kills a civilian isn't a US soldier."

The logic seems a little shaky to me.

EDIT: Ah yes, the "No true Scotsman" fallacy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
tehnoobshow said:
im a muslim and im wandering why every1 has a stereotyocial view of us and why does every1 think that were all terroists and wnat to kill oursleves for god.

cud sum explain why im constantly subjected to stereotypical abuse by some of my mates for the above reason.

and plus what ur opinions on this?

thanks
hypocrite
closedeyes.gif

D

Deleted_171835

Blood Fetish said:
SoulSnatcher said:
mellow.gif
Is that like:
"US soldiers don't kill civilians, because anyone that kills a civilian isn't a US soldier."

The logic seems a little shaky to me.

EDIT: Ah yes, the "No true Scotsman" fallacy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
I should rephrase what I said.
I disagree with how the general media refers to these extremists/terrorists as general Muslims rather than what they are, extremists. They make it seem like regular Muslims are the same as these extremists.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
I disagree with how the general media refers to these extremists/terrorists as general Muslims rather than what they are, extremists. They make it seem like regular Muslims are the same as these extremists.
I do not agree with that statement. Do you have an example of a major media organization saying terrorists are average Muslims? To my knowledge even Fox News has not done that.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:

They should just not refer to their religion at all unless the attack is specifically to do with the promotion of Islam, they should simply be referred to as terrorists.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thoob said:
I have the same view of Muslims as I do all other religious people. I think that they are deluded; brainwashed from birth into their parents' religion. However, I tend to be more tolerant of other religions - my best friend is a Christian - as they do not (in modern times) commit atrocities in the name of their religion. And while the majority of Muslims are good people, they stand idly by whilst others of their faith commit horrific suicide bombings. Compare this to the scandal of Catholic priests in Ireland. There were mass protests by Catholics enraged by the shame brought upon them by people that they were supposed to respect. But do you see Muslims lining the streets, protesting against terrorism? Nope. This leads me to think that most Muslims actually support terrorism, whether they are conscious of that is a different matter. So although all Muslims aren't terrorists, most terrorists are Muslims.
They do but all the media ever shows us is people protesting against muslims.

QUOTE(Infinite Zero @ Oct 8 2010, 06:03 PM) Errrr sorry really. But even Muslims here in the Philippines(especially Mindanao) are really scary ; always causing wars and destruction. For e.g. the Ampatuan Maguindanao Massacre or even teh 9/11.

wtf.gif

BUT DON'T GET ME WRONG. I have a muslim classmate but he is a converted one so there's at least one who I know isn't going to kill me because of his beliefs.
unsure.gif
Most people do NOT believe that.

If you think that muslims kill people because of there beliefs you need to rethink what you just said.

Muslims who kill people because of there so called beliefs are terrorists not muslims terrorists.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
elmoreas said:
This is some of the GARBAGE going around the net about Muslims. It is not true but it looks like it and that combined with other things makes people think that all Muslims are bad. I am a devout Christian but I have many friends from other religons including Muslims. It all comes down to control and fear is a good way to control people. Here is the crap I was talking about:

As long as the Muslim population remains around 1% of any given country they will be regarded as a peace-loving minority and not as a threat to anyone. In fact, they may be featured in articles and films, stereotyped for their colorful uniqueness:

United States — Muslim 1.0%
Australia — Muslim 1.5%
Canada — Muslim 1.9%
China — Muslim 1%-2%
Italy — Muslim 1.5%
Norway — Muslim 1.8%

At 2% and 3% they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups with major recruiting from the jails.

Denmark — Muslim 2%
Germany — Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom — Muslim 2.7%
Spain — Muslim 4%
Thailand — Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population.
They will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature it on their shelves — along with threats for failure to comply. ( United States ).

France — Muslim 8%
Philippines — Muslim 5%
Sweden — Muslim 5%
Switzerland — Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands — Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad &Tobago — Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islam is not to convert the world but to establish Sharia law over the entire world.
When Muslims reach 10% of the population, they will increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions ( Paris –car-burnings). Any non-Muslim action that offends Islam will result in uprisings and threats ( Amsterdam – Mohammed cartoons).

Guyana — Muslim 10%
India — Muslim 13.4%
Israel — Muslim 16%
Kenya — Muslim 10%
Russia — Muslim 10-15%

After reaching 20% expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings and church and synagogue burning:
Ethiopia — Muslim 32.8%

At 40% you will find widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks and ongoing militia warfare:

Bosnia — Muslim 40%
Chad — Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon — Muslim 59.7%

From 60% you may expect unfettered persecution of non-believers and other religions, sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels:

Albania — Muslim 70%
Malaysia — Muslim 60.4%
Qatar — Muslim 77.5%
Sudan — Muslim 70%

After 80% expect State run ethnic cleansing and genocide:

Bangladesh — Muslim 83%
Egypt — Muslim 90%
Gaza — Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia — Muslim 86.1%
Iran — Muslim 98%
Iraq — Muslim 97%
Jordan — Muslim 92%
Morocco — Muslim 98.7%
Pakistan — Muslim 97%
Palestine — Muslim 99%
Syria — Muslim 90%
Tajikistan — Muslim 90%
Turkey — Muslim 99.8%
United Arab Emirates — Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of ‘Dar-es-Salaam’ — the Islamic House of Peace — there’s (supposed) to be peace because everybody is a Muslim: we know however that this isnt true is it...?

Afghanistan — Muslim 100%
Saudi Arabia — Muslim 100%
Somalia — Muslim 100%
Yemen — Muslim 99.9%

Of course, that’s not the case. To satisfy their blood lust, Muslims then start killing each other for a variety of reasons...and they are coming to a neighborhood near you...so keep thinking they are not going to harm you and they "accept" you.

EDIT: P.S. I do not believe this junk I am just showing the crap that gets spread around falsely about Islamic people.

They did try to get the shaira in holland once (and luckely failed) and almost every supermarket has some supplie of halal meat.
Personaly, I don't like the urge of domination from the islamic religion, there are exeptions in the cases of people who addapt to the Dutch value's and norms, but more and more islamic people rather reject those value's and prefer to call themselfs muslim and not Dutch.
The ones who call themselfs Dutch are welcome to live here (in my oppinion), but the ones who call themselfs non Dutch aren't.

and to the OP, I don't tend to see all muslim's as terrorists (only the realy fucked up ones think the will accomplisch something with a bomb belt or a car bomb)

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DCG said:
elmoreas said:
This is some of the GARBAGE going around the net about Muslims. It is not true but it looks like it and that combined with other things makes people think that all Muslims are bad. I am a devout Christian but I have many friends from other religons including Muslims. It all comes down to control and fear is a good way to control people. Here is the crap I was talking about:

As long as the Muslim population remains around 1% of any given country they will be regarded as a peace-loving minority and not as a threat to anyone. In fact, they may be featured in articles and films, stereotyped for their colorful uniqueness:

United States — Muslim 1.0%
Australia — Muslim 1.5%
Canada — Muslim 1.9%
China — Muslim 1%-2%
Italy — Muslim 1.5%
Norway — Muslim 1.8%

At 2% and 3% they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups with major recruiting from the jails.

Denmark — Muslim 2%
Germany — Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom — Muslim 2.7%
Spain — Muslim 4%
Thailand — Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population.
They will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature it on their shelves — along with threats for failure to comply. ( United States ).

France — Muslim 8%
Philippines — Muslim 5%
Sweden — Muslim 5%
Switzerland — Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands — Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad &Tobago — Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islam is not to convert the world but to establish Sharia law over the entire world.
When Muslims reach 10% of the population, they will increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions ( Paris –car-burnings). Any non-Muslim action that offends Islam will result in uprisings and threats ( Amsterdam – Mohammed cartoons).

Guyana — Muslim 10%
India — Muslim 13.4%
Israel — Muslim 16%
Kenya — Muslim 10%
Russia — Muslim 10-15%

After reaching 20% expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings and church and synagogue burning:
Ethiopia — Muslim 32.8%

At 40% you will find widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks and ongoing militia warfare:

Bosnia — Muslim 40%
Chad — Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon — Muslim 59.7%

From 60% you may expect unfettered persecution of non-believers and other religions, sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels:

Albania — Muslim 70%
Malaysia — Muslim 60.4%
Qatar — Muslim 77.5%
Sudan — Muslim 70%

After 80% expect State run ethnic cleansing and genocide:

Bangladesh — Muslim 83%
Egypt — Muslim 90%
Gaza — Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia — Muslim 86.1%
Iran — Muslim 98%
Iraq — Muslim 97%
Jordan — Muslim 92%
Morocco — Muslim 98.7%
Pakistan — Muslim 97%
Palestine — Muslim 99%
Syria — Muslim 90%
Tajikistan — Muslim 90%
Turkey — Muslim 99.8%
United Arab Emirates — Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of ‘Dar-es-Salaam’ — the Islamic House of Peace — there’s (supposed) to be peace because everybody is a Muslim: we know however that this isnt true is it...?

Afghanistan — Muslim 100%
Saudi Arabia — Muslim 100%
Somalia — Muslim 100%
Yemen — Muslim 99.9%

Of course, that’s not the case. To satisfy their blood lust, Muslims then start killing each other for a variety of reasons...and they are coming to a neighborhood near you...so keep thinking they are not going to harm you and they "accept" you.

EDIT: P.S. I do not believe this junk I am just showing the crap that gets spread around falsely about Islamic people.

They did try to get the shaira in holland once (and luckely failed) and almost every supermarket has some supplie of halal meat.
Personaly, I don't like the urge of domination from the islamic religion, there are exeptions in the cases of people who addapt to the Dutch value's and norms, but more and more islamic people rather reject those value's and prefer to call themselfs muslim and not Dutch.
The ones who call themselfs Dutch are welcome to live here (in my oppinion), but the ones who call themselfs non Dutch aren't.

and to the OP, I don't tend to see all muslim's as terrorists (only the realy fucked up ones think the will accomplisch something with a bomb belt or a car bomb)
Really was it like a huge movement or just a couple dudes in a truck kind of movement.

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Muslims are nice, Some own a liquor store down the street from me, and they always have good service, I think what most people don't like is islamic extremists. Though most people group together the normal ones and extremists together.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
DCG said:

Do you support Geert Wilders or do you think he takes it a little too far?

kirby145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I did notice was that during the Burn A Koran day controversy, some of the people who opposed it did so because it would "create violence." In fact, this was part of the reason the event was called off, although free speech permits it.

Really, I think a lot of Americans and television news networks are spreading the association of Muslims and violence. It may not be correct, but people like to jump to this association.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thoob said:
I have the same view of Muslims as I do all other religious people. I think that they are deluded; brainwashed from birth into their parents' religion. However, I tend to be more tolerant of other religions - my best friend is a Christian - as they do not (in modern times) commit atrocities in the name of their religion. And while the majority of Muslims are good people, they stand idly by whilst others of their faith commit horrific suicide bombings. Compare this to the scandal of Catholic priests in Ireland. There were mass protests by Catholics enraged by the shame brought upon them by people that they were supposed to respect. But do you see Muslims lining the streets, protesting against terrorism? Nope. This leads me to think that most Muslims actually support terrorism, whether they are conscious of that is a different matter. So although all Muslims aren't terrorists, most terrorists are Muslims.

I think you forgot the Crusades, the inquisition, the Wars of religion and the forced conversions into catholicism during colonialism. And that wasn't only a bunch of extremists.

The only muslim terrorist I know are Al-Qaeda members. And at this time, we don't even know if they exist. The only thing we know is that whenever there's some terrorist act, someone (we don't know who it is) says that was Al-Qaeda, without verification. When you compare this to real organized groups like ETA, that's just some bulls**t. In fact, Al-Qaeda could be some anons on the internetz, that would be the same thing.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
There will always be religious labeling in the world. Christians are goody two-shoes, Pagans are voodoo freaks, etc...

It just so happens that Muslims get the worst profile of all.
frown.gif

Everyone's doing it, and the stereotype is spreading like wildfire in today's society. Even the news networks (At least here in America) always put effort into calling them Muslim terrorists, when their religion is usually extraneous detail (not always, mind you). The warping and distortion of the Islamic terrorism situation, coupled with the provinciality of the general public these days, is a recipe for a religious profiling disaster!

I know a number of people of the Islamic faith myself. They're no different from the rest of us, outside of religious beliefs. Seriously. To even say "Muslims are nice" is still technically labeling them as a different sect, when in all reality the only thing that separates them from the rest of the general public is religion. This goes for any religion, really.

Bahh. Unorganized rant over.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Ritsuki said:
The only muslim terrorist I know are Al-Qaeda members. And at this time, we don't even know if they exist. The only thing we know is that whenever there's some terrorist act, someone (we don't know who it is) says that was Al-Qaeda, without verification. When you compare this to real organized groups like ETA, that's just some bulls**t. In fact, Al-Qaeda could be some anons on the internetz, that would be the same thing.

There are more terrorist organisations than that run by Muslims. If you want to watch something interesting watch My Trip To Al-Qaeda.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
TrolleyDave said:
Ritsuki said:

There are more terrorist organisations than that run by Muslims. If you want to watch something interesting watch My Trip To Al-Qaeda.

I know that there are certainly a lot more terrorist organisations, but the thing I wanted to point out is that most of the people thinks that they some kind of super international organisations, and in fact, most of them are only a bunch of crazy guys. In France, they're talking about Al-Qaeda Mahgreb, just like if it was an international compagny... I admit that it's strange that they're all muslims, But why ? Is it really because of the religion ? Or is it because those people are totally screwed ? Or maybe they live in a really hard situation and people are just abusing them ? I really want to understand.

Personally, I think it's because islam is a pretty "old-school" religion, and some of the rules are not adapted to our time. A second element would be that there are too much interpretations of the Quran, so it's easy to brainwash weak people or simply interpret the writing as we wish. So for me the real problem is more the people than the religion itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night