Steps on how to completely uninstall bootmii as a boot2?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DeathbyVolcano, Jun 20, 2009.

1. DeathbyVolcano
    OP

Newcomer DeathbyVolcano Newbie

United States
    Hey all, I'm new and I hope I don't seriously offend anyone with a question, but I seem to be in a rut, and I'm stuck!

My main objective after all is said and done is to be able to run one of the various USB Loaders for Wii. That's not really my problem, I know exactly how to do it...but it's just getting there that's my issue.

Here's the deal: I'm on 4.0 with bootmii installed as a boot2. Now, for a while, I've been using the fairly tedious task of using Backup Gamma Loader as just a test application for DVDx. I own all the games I burnt for it, and they run just fine. But now that I recently got a brand new, awesome external hard drive, I want to move to one of those wicked custom USB Loaders like everyone else to FULLY get rid of the inconvenience of switching discs.

So I'm following GAF's guide to install one of the Loaders, and I get to the step where I have to install the IOS35 downgrader and install the IOS249 wad, I believe it's called. However whenever I try this, I get a very sly and annoying pop-up message saying "Looks as if you are a pirate. bye..." and I can't progress any forward...

...I don't know why this pops up, because I can't think of anything that would cause this.

Nothing else that I've tried works; removing bootmii from my SD card, completely brand new hackmii installation, the works. I've read a few things that Bootmii as a boot2 might actually be the thing causing this frustrating message, but I'm not exactly sure.

Does anyone know how I can progress further? I would very much like to use this external, but so far I'm becoming very discouraged. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. DeathbyVolcano
    OP

United States
    any sort of help?

3. dtw_2005

Newcomer dtw_2005 Member

United States
    As far as I know, bootmii has nothing to do with your problem. ... I would highly recommend keeping bootmii as boot 2, but if you really want to, run the installer and uninstall from there.

4. DeathbyVolcano
    OP

United States
    Hrm, I guess my thread title was poorly worded...well no, completely wrong, heh.

Any ideas as to what I can do to fix this?

5. dtw_2005

Newcomer dtw_2005 Member

United States
    I don't know anything about it, but maybe this might have something useful.

6. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Its because you have WiiWare/VC wads that aren't legal. Find a way to delete them (AnyTitleDeleter is basically the only way) and the message will stop poping up.

7. DeathbyVolcano
    OP

United States
    That thread was a shitfest, my lord. No, it doesn't really shed light onto the matter, thanks though.

I'm really curious as to why it's doing this. I'm using all legit applications...

8. DeathbyVolcano
    OP

United States
    Welp, seems like my brother tried to install FFIV the After Years without telling me, and he didn't get it to work. I guess that's why its doing this...

...but I can't seem to find it in AnyTitleDeleter. Would my backups be causing this? Should I delete all the saves for my back-ups?

9. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    nandClean will get rid of that message. Its due to DVDx. if at the time youinstall it you have wads on your card, it leaves a file in "shared2" on your wii.

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=151590

If you currently have preloader installed, make sure you say no to erasing that stuff. use it for only DVDx's "gift".

10. DeathbyVolcano
    OP

United States
    I never had Preloader, I just said yes to those things anyway

That worked for the "gift." Thanks a ton!

11. supagusti

Member supagusti GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    It's because you are indeed a pirate.
    Remove all your pirated vc and wiiware games from your sd and it should work