Hacking Steps I need to take in order to wipe homebrew entirely? In order to avoid a possible ban.

Jotamide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going to system upgrade to latest version in order to be able to play some newly released games. Are there any steps I need to take in order to wipe homebrew entirely? I don't wanna risk a ban.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest just deleting the homebrew and any games that aren't legit. I'm not sure if there's a record of played games that can get you banned, but sony is wanting people to update, so I doubt they'll ban you for doing this.

GIZMOSNAX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure someone with more intricate knowledge will chip in and help but I'm just curious to know what post 3.60 games you want to play?

Last edited by GIZMOSNAX,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest backing up all your legitimate games on your memory card, then do a complete format to remove any extra data files from homebrew/warez.

After that, I would also suggest doing a complete system restore on your Vita (including deactivating the PSN Account), updating, and then adding your PSN account again. This would likely be the "safest" way to update with the least amount of possibility of a ban.

But I've seen most people just delete homebrew and update and have no problems.

AndrewH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been wondering this too. I am on 3.63 currently and enjoying Ark, but with me having Y's Origins and Y's VIII here in physical form, yet can't play them, as they both tell me I need to upgrade to 3.65 first, it is leaving me wondering if ARK is worth keeping, over the new games. I know the new Secret of Mana for Vita is due out in February, so again, at least 3.65 will be needed for that as well, only making my list of unplayable games even higher.

I assume for me, I would just erase ARK and all the PSP games games I have installed for that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality