FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Remember that candidate for Microsoft CEO that wanted to drop the Xbox division?
Well guess who's just been put in charge of the Xbox and Surface divisions.

Gizmodo said:
Former Nokia CEO and Vice President of Devices & Services, Stephen Elop, has been quietly hustled out of the Nokia camp to take the reigns at the unified Microsoft Devices & Studios branch, responsible for the software giant’s Xbox, Surface and game development divisions.
This could only mean BIG changes are coming for the Xbone.

:arrow: Source

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WTF...? :blink:

Yeah, I remember the name. It's not every day you read a microsoft CEO candidate considering selling the xbox franchise.
(EDIT: probably should mention that not he but Satya Nadella becam CEO in the end)

It gives slightly more credibility to the rumor that amazon is interested in buying it, but still...I can't grasp it. Why did they do all the trouble of building the xbone and now that they have it, putting someone in charge who wants to sell it? :unsure:

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
People need to remember that the current devices and studios department will change a lot with the merger of Nokia's mobile phone division. Elop is a natural choice at least in the beginning since Microsoft has little experience in the hardware markets compared to Nokia or others. As for the Xbox section, I highly doubt much will happen straight away.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Qtis said. Whether or not you agree with his stance, it's hard to argue that he's not the Eloptimal choice right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime