Stephen Elop in charge of Xbox division

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by FireGrey, Feb 25, 2014.

1. FireGrey
    OP

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    Remember that candidate for Microsoft CEO that wanted to drop the Xbox division?
    Well guess who's just been put in charge of the Xbox and Surface divisions.

This could only mean BIG changes are coming for the Xbone.

:arrow: Source

2. Warrior522

Warrior522 "In all things, balance."

Jul 21, 2010
    United States
    The quote text is completely invisible in darktemp.

Also, wow, that's clever.

3. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    WTF...? :blink:

Yeah, I remember the name. It's not every day you read a microsoft CEO candidate considering selling the xbox franchise.
    (EDIT: probably should mention that not he but Satya Nadella becam CEO in the end)

It gives slightly more credibility to the rumor that amazon is interested in buying it, but still...I can't grasp it. Why did they do all the trouble of building the xbone and now that they have it, putting someone in charge who wants to sell it? :unsure:

4. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    People need to remember that the current devices and studios department will change a lot with the merger of Nokia's mobile phone division. Elop is a natural choice at least in the beginning since Microsoft has little experience in the hardware markets compared to Nokia or others. As for the Xbox section, I highly doubt much will happen straight away.

5. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    What Qtis said. Whether or not you agree with his stance, it's hard to argue that he's not the Eloptimal choice right now.