Steins;Gate coming to Steam in September

5pb has announced that their popular visual novel Steins;Gate will be releasing on Steam next month. The visual novel will also be coming to iOS as well. There is no set price announced at this time. Steins;Gate already has been released on PC via a DRM-free version by JastUSA, but the art assets were only output at 1024x567, while this release will be at a full 1080p HD.

Decide The Fate Of All Mankind

Can you change the course of fate? And save the ones closest to you?

Steins;Gate is the award-winning time travel science-fiction interactive visual novel developed by 5pb. and Nitroplus.

It is widely considered to be one of the finest Visual Novels ever made.

Steins;Gate follows a rag-tag band of tech-savvy young students who discover the means of changing the past via mail, using a modified microwave. Their experiments into how far they can go with their discovery begin to spiral out of control as they become entangled in a conspiracy surrounding SERN, the organisation behind the Large Hadron Collider, and John Titor who claims to be from a dystopian future.

Interaction with the game takes place through the “phone trigger” system, where the player can receive calls and text messages and decide whether to reply to them or not, changing the outcome of the game’s plot.

Features

• Non-Linear Visual Novel – Discover multiple different endings depending on your choices in-game.
  • HD 1080P – Enjoy the game with HD graphics and illustrations.
  • Phone Trigger System – Interact via Rintaro’s cellphone to answer or ignore calls, and send and receive emails. Your everyday choices in life steer the story!
  • 30-50 hours of reading time.
:arrow: Steam Page

Kliffcom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oh great to hear! Sadly i finished it already for a few weeks. Did they say anything about the price?

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i pretty sure that all upcoming consol's big hits like Persona 5 will have steam re-release, sooner or later, a sort of Persona collection (2-4) would be great :)

Last edited by leon315,
Reactions: Chary

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would prefer on Android as well.

Playing Amnesia on Android was oddly one of the most comfortable experiences i've ever had with a visual novel. Android phones have large, incredible screens and powerful insides to produce that amazing premium experience. It's almost weird looking at iphones since they have such low ppi.

All the better for seeing dellusional young men caging you in their home and taking HQ screenshots when you're free (seriously, this was from my cellphone. wow man).

GK3UOAz.jpg

Last edited by Pluupy,

AndreTrek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS VN YOU STEREOTYPING SHIT TASTE PEOPLE.

Steins;Gate is FUCKING AMAZING, in my opinion it's the best VN and Anime ever made ( the manga is kinda meh ) and I'll be buying this again for the 1080p :D
To be fair, there has been a quite big influx of VNs on Steam lately, most of which are mediocre or outright bad.
Just as a lot of people are tired of seeing "yet another generic FPS", there are some people who are tired of seeing what is likely "yet another generic waifu game" as far as they're concerned.
As for Steins;Gate itself, it's pretty good. Not the best thing out there by a long shot, but definitely worth a look for anyone who likes sci-fi and visual novels.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't it already released for pc last year. I was planning on getting that version but I guess ill get this one.
Steins;Gate already has been released on PC via a DRM-free version by JastUSA
Yes, but this is the first time on Steam.

Anywhoo, god damn you, @Chary . I read "Steins;Gate," "Steam," and "September" and my brain inserted a 0 in there. You got me hyped for nothing. The PC version of Steins;Gate is coming out this month so it shouldn't take that long to just insert the translated files into the already-programmed game... come on... don't give me a delay.

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended