Homebrew steelhax - A Steeldiver Subwars secondary entrypoint

Xwilarg

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I tried to follow the tutorial, I deleted all datas from the game, I created a save and I downloaded the payload.bin thing (I choosed new 11.5.0.39.E since 11.6.0.39.E isn't available) and I put the files/folders in the root of the SD card.
The next step in the README would be "After that just start the installer and follow the instructions."
But... how do I start the installer ?

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I tried to follow the tutorial, I deleted all datas from the game, I created a save and I downloaded the payload.bin thing (I choosed new 11.5.0.39.E since 11.6.0.39.E isn't available) and I put the files/folders in the root of the SD card.
The next step in the README would be "After that just start the installer and follow the instructions."
But... how do I start the installer ?
You need to already have access to the homebrew launcher to install Steelhax. Steelhax is just used for easier and offline access to the homebrew launcher for people who could previously only access it through something like Browserhax.

squalltis

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I don't understand why the game keep crashing and rebooting...

I have:
- New 3DS 11.6.0-39E
- Steel Diver v1 from eshop (no updates)
- ninjhax 2.9a

My SD card looks like:
- /boot.3dsx - from official source: (smealum.github.io/3ds/)
- /3ds/steelhax-installer - from official source: (vegaroxas.github.io/)
- /steelhax - from official source: (vegaroxas.github.io/)
- /steelhax/payload.bin - from official source : (smealum.github.io/3ds/) - I have selected New 3DS 11.6.0-39E version, and then clicked on Download otherapp, and then renamed it payload.bin

I have successfully used the steelhax-installer (clicked on A twice, then bottom screen displayed "successfully wrote to file", just like on this video at 1'37: .
But then, when I launch the game, it crashes and make my system reboot.

I have also tried to put the steelhax_payload.bin file at the root and launch the game holding B button, but the result is the same.

What's wrong? Can you help?

Last edited by squalltis,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I have:
- New 3DS 11.6.0-39E
- ninjhax 2.9a

My SD card looks like:
- /steelhax/payload.bin - from official source : (smealum.github.io/3ds/) - I have selected New 3DS 11.6.0-39E version, and then clicked on Download otherapp, and then renamed it payload.bin

I have successfully used the steelhax-installer (clicked on A twice, then bottom screen displayed "successfully wrote to file", just like on this video at 1'37: .

I have also tried to put the steelhax_payload.bin file at the root and launch the game holding B button, but the result is the same.

Have you played through the game long enough to where it asks to select a mii to use?

squalltis

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Woh! It worked!

Here is my mistake: After the running the installer, I rebooted the system instead of going back to home screen without rebooting.

So, here is what to do for who experience the same issue:
- After you launch the steelhax installer, you have to press START to go back to the Homebrew Launcher menu
- Then, press START again (or click on the little wrench on the bottom right corner),
- And finally click on "Go to Home Menu".
- There, you will have a warning box about your save data being corrupted. Press A to dismiss it.
- Launch Steel Diver game
- The Homebrew Launcher menu will appear after few seconds

Now you can turn off the 3ds, and from now on, every time you will launch this game, the Homebrew Launcher will pop up instead.

I have spent the day because of this fine detail. I hope it will help ^^
Thank you lone_wolf323 for starting to help me!

Reactions: Hipeopeo

ChampionLeake

NTR/TWL Exploiter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have:
- New 3DS 11.6.0-39E
- ninjhax 2.9a

My SD card looks like:

HEYYOU FOUND MY VIDEO.

Anyway, steelhax is a bit unstable. It's a bit unreliable due to the ninty updates i suppose. But the exploit works just fun if you followed the guide in the zip file. It does take a couple of tries to get it load. So if you eventually get it to load, i advise you install a different secondary entrypoint

Gruntzer

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Can't get the steeldiver gane to load the homebrew, i have double checked all the files and saves from your link, but i end up with this 3 times now.
11.7.0-40J

ahp6fAB.jpg

wDTvFKV

I really need help for the homebrew

Last edited by Gruntzer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu