68scorpio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm on firmware 11.0.3-36U and have put together all the needed files in the steelhax folder on the root of my sd card and installed steelhax, but when i launch it (while holding b or without) it crashes, sends me to the home menu than the system restarts... Latest firmware, (not cfw sadly) 2DS.
Hopefully someone can help.
It's just that Soundhax is so slow to launch.

CodyMKW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on firmware 11.0.3-36U and have put together all the needed files in the steelhax folder on the root of my sd card and installed steelhax, but when i launch it (while holding b or without) it crashes, sends me to the home menu than the system restarts... Latest firmware, (not cfw sadly) 2DS.
Hopefully someone can help.
It's just that Soundhax is so slow to launch.

https://twitter.com/smealum/status/830333689326284800 Steelhax is broken for now on 11.3

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So does it mean this post by @GalladeGuy is incorrect or misleading at best?
It does say Steelhax works at 11.4
Whether the exploit itself actually works on a certain version is technically a different concept from whether there's a fully functional HBL payload for the same version, or even whether the exploit can be installed through HBL on that version (as it could be possible to have it installed before updating, to install it with a (cia-based) save editor,... even to hardmod, install sighax, dump and decrypt nand, get the movable.sed, remove all mods up to now, and edit the save on a PC! :D

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Whether the exploit itself actually works on a certain version is technically a different concept from whether there's a fully functional HBL payload for the same version, or even whether the exploit can be installed through HBL on that version (as it could be possible to have it installed before updating, to install it with a (cia-based) save editor,... even to hardmod, install sighax, dump and decrypt nand, get the movable.sed, remove all mods up to now, and edit the save on a PC! :D
Hm?
Have you tested if steelhax works on 11.4?

D

Deleted User

Hm?
Have you tested if steelhax works on 11.4?

I tried this five days ago and posted my results on /r/3dshacks. Other people there seem to have gotten it to work, too.
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/6edyc8/psa_basehaxx_works_on_114/

Basehaxx runs just fine on 11.4, but I installed using Soundhax on an 11.3 3DS. I assume the installer works just fine on 11.3, but I haven't tested that.

Steelhax seems to be more reliable to load than Basehaxx and also works just fine on 11.4. The installer does work on 11.4.

I suggest using them both so you have multiple entry points.

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I tried this five days ago and posted my results on /r/3dshacks. Other people there seem to have gotten it to work, too.
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/6edyc8/psa_basehaxx_works_on_114/

Basehaxx runs just fine on 11.4, but I installed using Soundhax on an 11.3 3DS. I assume the installer works just fine on 11.3, but I haven't tested that.

Steelhax seems to be more reliable to load than Basehaxx and also works just fine on 11.4. The installer does work on 11.4.

I suggest using them both so you have multiple entry points.
I still have Soundhax btw, but I guess if I will update to 11.4 soon, I need to install Steelhax too.
Is the newest payload able to work on Steelhax too?

EDIT: I'm using New 3ds xl

Last edited by Princess Emily,
D

Deleted User

I still have Soundhax btw, but I guess if I will update to 11.4 soon, I need to install Steelhax too.
Is the newest payload able to work on Steelhax too?

If you're not on 11.4, why not just install CFW and skip all of this?

If you don't want CFW, then yes, make sure to install Steelhax first. You won't be able to get CFW after updating, though. The newest payload works with Steelhax, but only on New 3DS. If you have an O3DS, then don't update.

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If you're not on 11.4, why not just install CFW and skip all of this?

If you don't want CFW, then yes, make sure to install Steelhax first. You won't be able to get CFW after updating, though. The newest payload works with Steelhax, but only on New 3DS. If you have an O3DS, then don't update.
Due to the panic the recent banwave caused, I have to pass doing CFWs, except only if I buy another unit with 11.3 or below FW.
I'm in New 3ds BTW (still at 11.3), if you saw my edit above... so does this mean I'll install Steelhax first before updating to 11.4? And I can use Steelhax at 11.4?

D

Deleted User

Due to the panic the recent banwave caused, I have to pass doing CFWs, except only if I buy another unit with 11.3 or below FW.
I'm in New 3ds BTW (still at 11.3), if you saw my edit above... so does this mean I'll install Steelhax first before updating to 11.4? And I can use Steelhax at 11.4?
Sorry, I didn't see the edit.

Yes, you should be able to install Steelhax on 11.3, update, and continue using Steelhax.
EDIT: Just make sure you use the otherapp payload for 11.4 when you try it.

Last edited by ,

JAWZ1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I start the steelhax installer? I'm a total noob to homebrew and I cant figure out how to start the installer for steelhax on windows. If anyone knows how to, or has done it before, i would appreciate it if you could help me out. Thanks

D

Deleted User

How do I start the steelhax installer? I'm a total noob to homebrew and I cant figure out how to start the installer for steelhax on windows. If anyone knows how to, or has done it before, i would appreciate it if you could help me out. Thanks
You run it on your 3DS, not on Windows. You need Homebrew access to use it as it's a secondary exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning