Steam's Genesis/Mega Drive Classics updated to have online multiplayer, Linux/Mac support, & more

header_586x192.jpg

SEGA has revamped their Sega Genesis and Mega Drive Classic pack on Steam once more. New updates include added features such as online multiplayer for 2 player games, leaderboards, challenge modes, graphical filter options, multi-region game support, fast forward and rewinding, a mirror mode, VR support, and finally, Mac and Linux support. If you already own the pack, you get this update for free.

A price-drop for the collection has also occurred, putting it at $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99. This update is to keep the PC version current, as the Classics collection has launched on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 today.

Hi SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis fans,

SEGA is thrilled to announce that we’ve updated the SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics on Steam. This update brings a raft of new features, including online multiplayer, so you can slug your way through Streets of Rage with a friend online.

We’ve also added VR support. You can now immerse yourself in your early 90’s retro-themed bedroom and play on a virtual CRTV or go big with full screen.

:arrow: Source

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well that will take a while for that to happen
Its already taken 18 years, how much longer should I have to wait? There is no good legit way to play Saturn titles. The original disks are as old as PS1 disks now, and could have suffered any number of scratches, water damage, or sun exposure. Sure some game's source codes have gone the way of the wind, but that doesn't mean Sega can't create their own in house emulator and put it on a disk for us.

Reactions: Darksabre72

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its already taken 18 years, how much longer should I have to wait? There is no good legit way to play Saturn titles. The original disks are as old as PS1 disks now, and could have suffered any number of scratches, water damage, or sun exposure. Sure some game's source codes have gone the way of the wind, but that doesn't mean Sega can't create their own in house emulator and put it on a disk for us.
while it's possible for sega to make other collections sega saturn might be difficult for sega, and probably have to use a third party company to help. although i hope they do consider a saturn collection in the future after they are done with the genesis mini.

Last edited by Darksabre72,
Reactions: BORTZ

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Freaking quad polygons, man. I hope modern consoles are strong enough to emulate it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, the Sega Genesis Collection for Steam update is live? Hmm, did they update the emulators, like, do they have better sound now? Alien Soldier was completely butchered with scratchy audio.

Edit: Huh, sounds a lot better, the sound emulation is much better this time around, I'll be damned

Edit 2: Alien Soldier can use JP or EUR

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Darksabre72

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*