Steam's Genesis/Mega Drive Classics updated to have online multiplayer, Linux/Mac support, & more

header_586x192.jpg

SEGA has revamped their Sega Genesis and Mega Drive Classic pack on Steam once more. New updates include added features such as online multiplayer for 2 player games, leaderboards, challenge modes, graphical filter options, multi-region game support, fast forward and rewinding, a mirror mode, VR support, and finally, Mac and Linux support. If you already own the pack, you get this update for free.

A price-drop for the collection has also occurred, putting it at $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99. This update is to keep the PC version current, as the Classics collection has launched on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 today.

Hi SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis fans,

SEGA is thrilled to announce that we’ve updated the SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics on Steam. This update brings a raft of new features, including online multiplayer, so you can slug your way through Streets of Rage with a friend online.

We’ve also added VR support. You can now immerse yourself in your early 90’s retro-themed bedroom and play on a virtual CRTV or go big with full screen.

:arrow: Source

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SEGA has revamped their Sega Genesis and Mega Drive Classic pack on Steam once more. New updates include added features such as online multiplayer for 2 player games, leaderboards, challenge modes, graphical filter options, multi-region game support, fast forward and rewinding, a mirror mode, VR support, and finally, Mac and Linux support. If you already own the pack, you get this update for free.

A price-drop for the collection has also occurred, putting it at $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99. This update is to keep the PC version current, as the Classics collection has launched on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 today.

:arrow: Source
Wow. That is a pretty big incentive for me to try out/buy these games. Other companies could really take a note from this.

Imagine if ninty released virtual console on switch with online multiplayer. I would gladly buy a few N64 and SNES titles. (I know no vc on the switch)

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i found out i had golden axe some how for free (somehow) and tested it quick online play with a random and holy shit i was better then the PS4 version.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mirror mode is pretty neat. That's something I'd like to see added to Retroarch (unless it already is there and I didn't notice). Other than that, on Linux, this just makes management easier. Like others have said, I just tend to use whatever other emulator there is. If the emulator was really great the game room interface is actually just too clunky, especially if you've got the whole collection + several mods. And you have to use the game room interface to GUI access the mods (vs finding them in the steam folder).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER