Steam says goodbye to Steam Greenlight and hello to Steam Direct!

ss_b208def4d78a761118a0a79ed9f9d93992d831c4.600x338.jpg

Steams popular service Steam Greenlight was originally released in 2012 to help smaller indie companies get their game on Steam. However, now Steam will be replacing that service with Steam Direct. This removes the popularity factor of steam Greenlight by allowing developers to simply fill out a form and pay a fee of $100 then submit their game to steam.
:arrow: Source

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I personally like a lot of games to choose from and I am a very flawed person so I do not care what you guys think :D
That's great that you don't. Those that actually care about quality control can see why this would be an issue. $100 to submit any random pile of shit isn't much.

Remember the old Atari days? You probably don't.

Last edited by Kioku,
D

Deleted-379826

I personally like a lot of games to choose from and I am a very flawed person so I do not care what you guys think :D
But if they're bad and no one is gonna play them then what's the point in taking up that ever so precious space on Steam.

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's great that you don't. Those that actually care about quality control can see why this would be an issue. $100 to submit any random pile of shit isn't much.
Honestly I'll play probably anything you throw at me and enjoy it. I'm quite easy to please haha.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But if they're bad and no one is gonna play them then what's the point in taking up that ever so precious space on Steam.
That is true however I am sure steam has thought about that.

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about a Japanese Rape Simulator

Answer that question wisely.
Wait.. Is that a thing... I don't even think that would make it past steam direct. Even if it does i'm sure it will be banned within the day. As for having fun well i'm not sure. I mean I had fun playing Yandere Simulator where I basically went around stabbing people. I had fun with that. If that brings any value to the conversation. I'm not even really into rape hentai. So I guess the response a I have is no. I'm not saying no because the actual game play would be bad but rather because I'm just not into rape.

D

Deleted User

Wait.. Is that a thing... I don't even think that would make it past steam direct. Even if it does i'm sure it will be banned within the day. As for having fun well i'm not sure. I mean I had fun playing Yandere Simulator where I basically went around stabbing people. I had fun with that. If that brings any value to the conversation. I'm not even really into rape hentai. So I guess the response a I have is no. I'm not saying no because the actual game play would be bad but rather because I'm just not into rape.
Yes, that is actually a thing and no it wouldn't get past Steam "Direct" and Yandere simulator isn't even the same thing

And rape hentai is pretty gross I can't get into that shit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.