Steam Deck production ramping up, Valve expects queue to be cleared by end of year

overview_hero_thumbnail.jpg

In a blog post titled "Steam Deck production update (it's good news)," Valve has announced that it will be working its way through Steam Deck orders quicker than anticipated. "Many of the supply chain shortfalls that affect Steam Deck are gradually clearing up," explains the post, "and we're continuing to ramp production, so we're able to produce more Decks faster than ever before."

This means that everybody who's currently in the queue to receive a Steam Deck should get their email confirmation by the end of the year. Many people who were in the "Q4 or later" time slot have been moved up to "Q3 (July-September)" and anyone who hasn't has been put in the more definitive "Q4 (October-December" timeframe.

For the time being, new orders will be also be put into the Q4 time slot, though Valve acknowledges that "if these queues fill up" then new orders will have to wait until Q1 of 2023.

:arrow: Source

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valve obviously wants this in other countries the issue being clearly production, gpus are just starting to get back into the normal stock market as it is. I did get my email yesterday and used the getmydeck tracker and it was fairly accurate. Only waiting a year for a preorder wasn't that bad if we're being real.

https://getmydeck.ingenhaag.dev/

As for SteamDeck 2 rumors relax, they wouldn't release a new version just two year later after production I mean they might but still thats the game of tech even then your Deck will run just as fine as the day you got it for a good number of years.

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my email and paid on Monday, but the order status still says "shipping soon" :cry:

Estimates I've seen on reddit say it should take from 5-7 business days after you pay, although I think that might have been for the first batch. With increased volume in this second batch, the shipping times may be longer.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Got my email and paid on Monday, but the order status still says "shipping soon" :cry:

Estimates I've seen on reddit say it should take from 5-7 business days after you pay, although I think that might have been for the first batch. With increased volume in this second batch, the shipping times may be longer.

I received mine within a week after paying for my 512GB (UK though).

krakenx

Trophies
XP
Country
has the chip shortage been solved?

The value of bitcoin and other crypto tanked hard. Suddenly, it was no longer electricity efficient to mine crypto, so tons of used GPUs started flooding the market, and demand for new GPUs evaporated. Nvidia scrambled to cancel their chip orders, which freed up capacity for everything else. Combined with decreased demand from the upcoming recession, people who got their stuff, and people who just gave up, the chip shortage is coming close to ending.

boomerang42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if once they're finally caught up to the end of the queues they might start making it available for more countries.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.