Steam Deck launches February 25, purchase emails to go out in order of reservation

8e89183b38944e5a2e6516daa608d2a25f4c6981.png

After a vague and hopeful launch window of February 2022, Valve has come through, as they have announced that the much anticipated Steam Deck will be releasing on February 25th. If you were quick enough on the draw to be part of the first set of pre-orders, your invoice will be sent out on Feb. 25, where you'll have three days to confirm your purchase. Once you've paid for and finalized your order, your Steam Deck will ship on the 28th. After that, Valve will be sending out emails on a weekly basis for those beyond the first wave of units.

Additional details for the curious:
  • We will start sending invites shortly after 10:00 am on February 25th, PST
  • Order emails are sent in the same order that reservations were made.
  • You can only order the Steam Deck model that you originally reserved.
  • Your reservation deposit will be applied to the final price of Steam Deck, and shipping costs are included.

:arrow: Source

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
I was a Dec 2021 preorder. I'm really hoping to have my Steam Deck no later than the first week of March!
Have you checked your availability date? I reserved mine early October and according to Valve I'll be getting it after Q2 2022.

Which is fine by me, since that means months of thorough testing by others, but I'm not sure how a December pre-order would yield you a unit in March considering the above. March 2023, possibly?

Last edited by such,

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Have you checked your availability date? I reserved mine early October and according to Valve I'll be getting it after Q2 2022.

Which is fine by me, since that means months of thorough testing by others, but I'm not sure how a December pre-order would yield you a unit in March considering the above. March 2023, possibly?
He probably means that he was in the queue for the December shipping, which was pushed back to Q1.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My availability says Q1 2022. I went back and reviewed my receipt. Apparently, I was able to get my order completed in the first 5 minutes!

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
I reserved mine a week ago. I wonder how long it'll take for my order email to arrive.
I'm curious: is it still projecting a time after Q2 2022 for your very recent reservation, or is there a more specific, later date, like Q1 2023 etc?
My availability says Q1 2022. I went back and reviewed my receipt. Apparently, I was able to get my order completed in the first 5 minutes!
That's cool. At that point I was still remembering Valve's previous ventures into hardware, and it took me some months to make up my mind. I like the concept, but still have doubts as to the execution. With the current shortages, as well as my gaming habits, it might be worth a shot, though.

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious: is it still projecting a time after Q2 2022 for your very recent reservation, or is there a more specific, later date, like Q1 2023 etc?

That's cool. At that point I was still remembering Valve's previous ventures into hardware, and it took me some months to make up my mind. I like the concept, but still have doubts as to the execution. With the current shortages, as well as my gaming habits, it might be worth a shot, though.
"Reserved on Fri, January 21, 2022
Your expected order availability: After Q2 2022" 👌

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
"Reserved on Fri, January 21, 2022
Your expected order availability: After Q2 2022" 👌
Looks like they're very much not comfortable about speculating past Q2. Hopefully, those dates will keep (as in: Q3 specifically is what's past Q2), and they're just being careful, but factoring in the reservation bloodbath back in July, the fact that my "after Q2" from October hasn't moved even with the delay to February, and that they're still placing reservations for past Q2...

I'm thinking it's not Q3 2022 when I'll be getting mine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs