Steam Autumn sale begins today, features 13,000 games on sale, and Steam Controller for $5

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Nov 26, 2019.

1. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    2 hours/14 days, whichever comes first. I only had to ever refund one game, so hopefully it's good. Odyssey apparently can run on my PC too, as the requirements are similar to Origins.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...s-performance-how-to-get-the-best-settings-2/

I don't know what to make of it, the 1660 TI is superior to the 1060 and 1070 line of cards, so that shouldn't be an issue. I never push ultra settings in my games, unless the hardware can do it on my end.

2. Konathedemo

Konathedemo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2015
    France
    It depends on which country you live in for the delivery fee.
    For me it was just 10euros and I will say it's still worth it.

3. Scarlet

Scarlet In Memoriam of Mag Staff Mouse

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    Gosh dangit I bought a Steam Controller. Used one a while ago and really loved it. Super satisfying feedback with its indenty analogue things. At £11 it seemed super worthwhile, definitely wouldn't pay more than £20 though. A bit gimmicky to justify full premium controller pricing.

4. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    $5 for the SC!?

I bought 3 of those things for Amazon prices while they're "short in stock" earlier this year... :(

5. 1NOOB

1NOOB GBAtemp Fan

Sep 9, 2006
    Canada
    Inside My Head...
    well thre just no buying option for the controller on my steam , weird upload_2019-11-26_19-43-52.

Attached Files:

6. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Nice, I was worried I had missed all the good sales on Steam controllers. May not be the best option for every game, but I own just about every other type of controller so I might as well add it to the collection.

7. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    It really is kind of revelatory if you can map the right touchpad and gyro to mouse for camera control. It is a billion times better than using stick even with gyro. I'm disappointed that next gen consoles don't seem to be going in this direction, camera control is by far the most common application for the right stick in AAA games and it's not that well suited for it.

On the other hand, using the touchpad for mouse cursor is merely a passable experience. I'd rather use a wireless keyboard with a built-in touchpad for those kind of games like civ or what not.

I know some people have managed to play GW2 with an Xbox controller but I wouldn't want to imagine it. The setup on my Steam controller is already so convoluted and is using all the extra buttons and both touchpads. (Also action camera most of the time.) You can probably manage more complex MMOs like WoW as well, at least better than you could with an Xbox mapper.

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Nov 27, 2019
  8. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    dude, we are neighbours: u have baguette and croissant, we make pizza and spaghetti.

9. Duo8

Duo8 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 16, 2013
    Vietnam
    No option to buy for me either.

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    not sure what the problem is. maybe try a different browser?

11. StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist A genuine feline disaster.

Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    Pallyfornia
    My ex owned one. It was half-decent for the few games that worked with it. But not really better than any other controller I tried-- There wasn't anything about it that made it really.. "good". But I didn't use it for longer than an hour or so.. But I was mainly just frustrated with how more than half of my steam library just didn't wanna cooperate with the thing.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

My ex had one. It's okay, nothing objectively better than an Xbone controller or DS4. There's a bit of a learning curve with the touch pad, and not every game supports it. And a lot of games do NOT want to let you map things to it, for some reason. But then again, that was about a year ago.

Jiehfeng likes this.
  12. renjiVII

renjiVII Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Canada
    British Columbia
    I would have love to get the steam controller at that price, unfortunately its not available on the steam store as there is price or no buy button:(

13. azrael_11

azrael_11 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2018
    Greece
    Oh my god here in greece the shipping if almost 5x times the controller itself.

Attached Files:

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  14. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Can't find a definite answer to this:

Can the Steam Controller be paired to a Fire TV (Stick) to use it as a Steam Link?

15. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame Annoying Member

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Mom's house
    Next piece of dead hardware! I think it was last year I got a $5 Steam Link, which I unfortunately never use because the Steam Link on my TV works much better.

My condolences to whoever purchased one of these strange, awkward devices at full price.

souhukyafod likes this.
  16. Trash_Bandatcoot

Trash_Bandatcoot ...The Nintendo DSi, am I right?

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Ah shit, missed the deal on the Steam controller.

17. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Eh i'll give the steam controller a buy. Certain mmo's with their retarded anti third party driver block makes my xinput ps3
    controller useless. Black Desert Online for an example

18. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    RIP Wallet.

too bad I couldn't buy the steam controller.

19. StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist A genuine feline disaster.

Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    Pallyfornia
    Goodness, gracious, mercy's sake alive, why in the world would it cost nearly €30 for bloody shipping!?

azrael_11 likes this.
  20. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Word is the Steam Controller is sold out for good now in the UK, still available in the U.S. They are dumping their remaining inventory in this sale and no more will be made.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/steam/controllers-sale-discontinued

Edit: wish you could order more than one in the same box for shipping purposes, but nope, Steam gotta Steam.

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Nov 27, 2019
    StrayGuitarist likes this.