Did Steam ever eat your device?

• Total voters

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Okay, so last night I had my jailbroken iPod plugged into my computer while playing BioShock Infinite on Steam.
After I finished playing and I closed my game one of those steam marketing ads popped up saying "Summer Sale Trading Cards..." All that jazz.

I proceeded to the store tab to look for deals. I saw GTA V was available for preorder and decided, "what the heck, why not." Now this is where stuff gets weird. Right after I bought it, Steam said an update was available. I restarted steam, and then my games and favorites in my library were separated by strange text instead of "Games" and "Favorites." They now said "#STEAM_LIBRARY_FILTER_OWNER" and "#STEAM_GAMESSECTION_MYGAMES". I also noticed there was a new "game" installed on my Steam. It said "Apple Runtime." Before I could click it though, a window popped up saying "Download and Install Games now?" I clicked next and finish. I checked my downloads window and saw GTA V was already downloading! It was 27.5GB. I went to investigate that weird apple game thing but when I tried to get to library it crashed. I reopened steam and saw that the bottom said "2 Downloads" now.
GTA V: 13.8GB @ 4kbps
GTA V: Online 13.7GB @ 2mbps
I saw how slow the first one was going (and if you've downloaded a game with a multiplayer node, you know that pausing the multiplayer one and letting the SP download first makes it faster)

I paused my the " GTA V: Online" download but the speed remained the same for GTA V. It would occasionally spike at 100kbps. I tried to start the Online download again but when I did Steam popped a window that said:
"Removing Jailbroken Apps."
I didn't think they were talking about my iPod at the time, but rather the GTA V I had just purchased, so I was pretty pist, but I found that my preorder was still valid, but the games were revoked from my account.
It restored my iPod somehow too (the icons became really small, and nothing worked)

TLDR;

I bought GTA V and it ate my iPod.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's sad. I once heard that Steam got someone's penis steamy, and a girl ate it.
But yeah, Steam ate my brother number one, my broham, and my brother number nine.

D

Deleted-236924

That's sad. I once heard that Steam got someone's penis steamy, and a girl ate it.
But yeah, Steam ate my brother number one, my broham, and my brother number nine.

I'll have... two number 9s... a number 9 large... a number 6, with extra dip... a number 7... two number 45s, one with cheese... and a large soda.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Reactions: EZ-Megaman

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
So the tl;dr version of the article is "the developers didn't announce it, a retailer listed it so it may very well be coming in the nearby future"? Yeah, can't wait. :yay:

We all know it's going to land on PC's at some point in time, but until then there is no PC version.

But it happened!
I have screenshits!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 194

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so last night I had my jailbroken iPod plugged into my computer while playing BioShock Infinite on Steam.
After I finished playing and I closed my game one of those steam marketing ads popped up saying "Summer Sale Trading Cards..." All that jazz.

I proceeded to the store tab to look for deals. I saw GTA V was available for preorder and decided, "what the heck, why not." Now this is where stuff gets weird. Right after I bought it, Steam said an update was available. I restarted steam, and then my games and favorites in my library were separated by strange text instead of "Games" and "Favorites." They now said "#STEAM_LIBRARY_FILTER_OWNER" and "#STEAM_GAMESSECTION_MYGAMES". I also noticed there was a new "game" installed on my Steam. It said "Apple Runtime." Before I could click it though, a window popped up saying "Download and Install Games now?" I clicked next and finish. I checked my downloads window and saw GTA V was already downloading! It was 27.5GB. I went to investigate that weird apple game thing but when I tried to get to library it crashed. I reopened steam and saw that the bottom said "2 Downloads" now.
GTA V: 13.8GB @ 4kbps
GTA V: Online 13.7GB @ 2mbps
I saw how slow the first one was going (and if you've downloaded a game with a multiplayer node, you know that pausing the multiplayer one and letting the SP download first makes it faster)

I paused my the " GTA V: Online" download but the speed remained the same for GTA V. It would occasionally spike at 100kbps. I tried to start the Online download again but when I did Steam popped a window that said:
"Removing Jailbroken Apps."
I didn't think they were talking about my iPod at the time, but rather the GTA V I had just purchased, so I was pretty pist, but I found that my preorder was still valid, but the games were revoked from my account.
It restored my iPod somehow too (the icons became really small, and nothing worked)

TLDR;

I bought GTA V and it ate my iPod.

Steam did that for me too, one is for non-steam games and the other is for steam software/games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup