Hacking Stay on 5.3.2 oder Upgrade to 5.5.1?

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So right now the only benefits that have been suggested for updating is:

1.) Online play.
2.) More stable exploit.

Well, the way I see it is:

1.) Like previously mentioned, spoofing is easy. It could take a few minutes to download files with the NUS grabber, but it only takes roughly 30 seconds to install.
2.) The whole "more stable exploit" thing is BS. Again, as previously mentioned, the leaked exploit was back-ported. The only difference you will notice is that the back-ported exploit will (theoretically) have a higher chance of success due to the fact that the 5.3.2 user-land exploit (the HTML one) is more reliable than the 5.5.1 user-land exploit (the MP4 one). And if you didn't already know, each kernel exploit relies on a userland exploit, respectively.

Honestly, I think that the only things you wish to achieve are already present where you are. Furthermore, it's been proven in the past: the higher your firmware, the lower your chance of new homebrew/exploits. You have been warned.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 5.3.2 and the exploits work 100% everytime for me. there is no more race attack failed if you see that it means you haven't updated the payloads and are still launching the old way which fails at least 2-3 times before workking. the new ones used with 5.5.x have been available for 5.4 and 5.3.2 users. so update or not. it all depends

do you want to buy some DLC for a perticular game?
Do you have disk versions of splatter and smash and want to play "online"?
do you want to use mii verse again and any online feature?

if you said yes to any of those then either spoof or update otherwise stay on the lower firm anything 5.5.x can do so can the 5.3.2 with the exception of online capabilites.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
5.3.2 all the way, I have been in that firmware and I can do everything I want, 5.5.1 kernel exploit I heard that might work or not in some TCPGecko hacks due to codehandler.
Also as some people said, there are more vulnerabilities than 5.5 in 5.3.2.
Online playing is perfectly fine, my Wii U is at 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.0 and it works perfect! I'm playing like this more than 6 months and it works perfect, It didn't appear any kind of ban in that time.

Last edited by Goku Junior,

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So basically no differences between 5.3.2 and 5.5.1 except ease of not having to spoof ?

Someone on 5.5.1 who just recently updated should be answering us not guys who stayed on 5.3.2 and are speculating that it's better when they haven't been on 5.5.1

Edit: stuff like old useless icons On 5.3.2?

Last edited by markehmus,

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So basically no differences between 5.3.2 and 5.5.1 except ease of not having to spoof ?

Someone on 5.5.1 who just recently updated should be answering us not guys who stayed on 5.3.2 and are speculating that it's better when they haven't been on 5.5.1

Edit: stuff like old useless icons On 5.3.2?
Yes there are, first at all if you didn't read (Very probably) NWPlayer123 said that is better not updating beyond 5.3.2 (Go to the first page and you will see the Twitter message), we don't know exactly why, but if he said that is because he has a good reason, maybe more vulnerabilities for one special hack like IOSU.
Now I remember, in some cases it was even recommended to stay in 5.2.0 MAX, why? because it was easier to exploit for IOSU:

https://twitter.com/naehrwert/status/655782468688199680

Now, there is another difference, the kernel exploit that 5.5.1 uses has another codehandler, https://gbatemp.net/threads/splatoon-modding-hub.425670/
Sin título.png
You can clearly read "This may or may not work on 5.5.0/5.5.1 since the codehandler may not function on 5.5.0/5.5.1"
But I agree the part some 5.5.1 user can give a opinion about this, even when we know the differences (Just I'm curious about the SplatoonHax part in 5.5.1)

EDIT: There is the Userland exploit difference, but that was obvious

Last edited by Goku Junior,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You should always stay on a lower firmware, its in the hackers 10 commandments list also the new exploit for 551 works with 532 and even better than the original 532 version. You can spoof to 551 so you have the full benefits of 551. You should never update a console, always stay on the lowest firmware possible, I have always stuck with this rule and it has always come good!

Edit: and if you do, you know you will regret it because it will only be a case of I wish I never did!

Last edited by Reecey,

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe , but I think I'll upgrade to 5.5.1 since there will be a bigger user load on 5.5.1 and 'IF' iosu ever gets released I bet it'll port to 5.5.1 pretty quick.

Psp's on newest cfw , PS3's on newest , 3DS almost on newest (probably would be if I used it more) iDevices on newest jail breakable FW, Wii on newest FW, ya I think 5.5.1 is going to be on my WiiU tonite.

haven't got a good enough reason to hold back

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Maybe , but I think I'll upgrade to 5.5.1 since there will be a bigger user load on 5.5.1 and 'IF' iosu ever gets released I bet it'll port to 5.5.1 pretty quick.

Psp's on newest cfw , PS3's on newest , 3DS almost on newest (probably would be if I used it more) iDevices on newest jail breakable FW, Wii on newest FW, ya I think 5.5.1 is going to be on my WiiU tonite.

haven't got a good enough reason to hold back
You're not asking for reason. You're asking for excuses. It's not an smart decision because you can spoof your firmware and do everything you want. If you update and then a iosu exploit comes out for lower version, please dont come here and cry, because a lot of users warned you about it.

mjw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated from 5.3.2 to 5.5.1 just to be able to get the exploit working, it just wouldn't work for me and I don't regret doing so. Right now you don't miss out on anything if you update, I have the greatest regard for homebrew devs and I may have locked myself out of possible advances but what else can be achieved that isn't already possible on vwii? I understand the greater processing and graphical power of the wiiu but we already have good emulators and stuff, we're not going to get a ps4 emulator are we. Then again if I could've gotten the exploit working on the earlier firmware then I'd have stuck on it, but it's silly to hold onto something because it may come good at a later date, just enjoy what you have right now, the clock's ticking and the NX will be out in 9 months.

Reactions: markehmus

Ankry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
What a fruitful discussion. Thanks for all your opinions. I have learned two things from you:

- The 5.5.1 exploit has been backported to 5.3.2

- I can spoof firmware and play my games online, even if I am on lower fw.

Hence, I will stay on 5.3.2... and play Mario Maker online tonight :-)

Ankry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Erm.... Where can I find the backported 5.5.1 Kernel Exploit, which runs on 5.3.2?

Last edited by Ankry,

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ankry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
After hours of trying to get the exploit running, I start asking myself if it has really been back-ported to 5.3.2 - as I can't find any information about it.... Hoax??

Last edited by Ankry,

ihateu3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want real reasons? Well, as said before, if IOSU does actually come out, it is said that the lower the firmware, the more exploits available for making IOSU more stable.

What does that mean for you? It means that if the IOSU comes out, and the guys on 5.3.2 have access to USB storage, and you can barely get your 5.5.1 wiiu to work with it, don't say we didn't warn you. And that is the main reason you where asking for.

If you only want piracy, you are fine, as long as nintendo does not ever update, and the newer games can still run. But don't complain after being warned, that the older firmwares now have access to usb, and also can play the games on the newest firmwares.

Last edited by ihateu3,

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another "should I upgrade post"......if it ain't broke, don't "fix" it.......

EDIT: Sorry for the negative attitude....but it seems like these pop up all the time.....there is no benefit for updating your firmware

Last edited by Dvdxploitr, , Reason: i'm drunk!

Ankry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
No worries. I still haven't found any confirmation that the 5.5.1 exploit has been back-ported to 5.3.2. So to me it looks like there are 2 major advantages from 5.5.1 over 5.3.2:

- It has a super stable exploit
- I can play my original games online

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4