Hardware Stay on 1.0.0FW or update?

rickycoe123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got my switch and not even connected to the internet yet as I won't even use online features.. Do you think it'll be worth staying on 1.0.0 or update ?

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Depends if you plan to actually use the Switch?

The launch games you could likely play without updating, however if you purchase some games in a few months time you would likely have to update to play them.

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depends on what you define "worth it".

If you are expecting CFW like the 3DS, it will not be released anytime soon, at least for another 3-4 years. You will miss out games which require higher FW eventually and potentially lots of upcoming features.

I would say either buy another one now and put it in the shelf waiting for exploits, or buy an used one later with the right FW when exploits are announced.

rickycoe123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends if you plan to actually use the Switch?

The launch games you could likely play without updating, however if you purchase some games in a few months time you would likely have to update to play them.

I plan to use the switch as normal, I guess your right about some new games will require an update, like a lot of new ones do really. I will stay as I am for the time being as there is no reason for me to personally update right now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Depends on what you define "worth it".

If you are expecting CFW like the 3DS, it will not be released anytime soon, at least for another 3-4 years. You will miss out games which require higher FW eventually and potentially lots of upcoming features.

I would say either buy another one now and put it in the shelf waiting for exploits, or buy an used one later with the right FW when exploits are announced.

I wouldn't expect a CFW for a very long time. I could however do as you stated and buy another one for shelf it for a long time. I got my switch for very cheap so another one wouldn't be out of the question. As stated too, I guess I will be forced to update sooner or later :(

ItsTheWolf

Splatoon 2 Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I'd say update, then stay, until they release a game that you really want but requires fw to be updated. At least that's what I'll do to my Switch while waiting for the stuffs :D

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont think there are any exploits (If there are any) patched already. So, it should be a good idea to update. The 3ds is 6 years old now, and we only got a decent cfw like 1-2 years ago. So, dont worry about "Stability" updates for now

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my switch and not even connected to the internet yet as I won't even use online features.. Do you think it'll be worth staying on 1.0.0 or update ?
My Nintendo

Nintendo Switch system update available now

2-0-0.jpg

The latest system version is 2.0.0

Starting March 3, 2017, a system update will be available for Nintendo Switch consoles.

This update will enable features that let you:

• Play games with your friends online*
  • Add players to your friend list.
  • Share screenshots from your Album to your Facebook and Twitter pages.
  • Browse and shop for digital content on Nintendo eShop.
  • Keep up-to-date with new games, eShop discounts, and promotions via News.

If you want any of these features then update, if you want your system to work like is supposed to with in the coming year as features keep getting added, then update, if you wanna play new games that will require updates, then update. If you don't care for any of these things, why did you buy the system anyway? :blink:

rickycoe123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want any of these features then update, if you want your system to work like is supposed to with in the coming year as features keep getting added, then update, if you wanna play new games that will require updates, then update. If you don't care for any of these things, why did you buy the system anyway? :blink:

Who says I need online features to enjoy the console? I will enjoy the gameplay itself. Also, if you actually read the rest of the thread, me and many others have stated I will need to update at some point to enjoy newer games. I play my 3DS very often, however, my network never gets turned on as I enjoy the games themselves.

Last edited by rickycoe123,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason why I asked is there any benefit added to myself who doesn't use online features.
I see, I didn't not understand the reason for asking so i apologize for not knowing that sooner. Well i mean i apologize if you felt any hostile from my statement, i was only curious cause i didn't understand. But you said that others already explain what reasons you may want to update for. Still even if you don't or will not use it for online playing games, you should still update cause it makes sure the system that have problems are working properly, as it always says "Increase stability to enhance user experience." :P

I haven't played online with my wii u since i had it, but i always update, the big one was the gamepad screen on vwii which i enjoy a lot. Not expecting too much with updates for this system yet but i hope something good comes out like maybe chrome cast support or youtube streaming or anything. :)

rickycoe123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I see, I didn't not understand the reason for asking so i apologize for not knowing that sooner. Well i mean i apologize if you felt any hostile from my statement, i was only curious cause i didn't understand. But you said that others already explain what reasons you may want to update for. Still even if you don't or will not use it for online playing games, you should still update cause it makes sure the system that have problems are working properly, as it always says "Increase stability to enhance user experience." :P

I haven't played online with my wii u since i had it, but i always update, the big one was the gamepad screen on vwii which i enjoy a lot. Not expecting too much with updates for this system yet but i hope something good comes out like maybe chrome cast support or youtube streaming or anything. :)

No problem, I probably wrote it wrong too :). I wouldn't mind updating, just didn't see the real need to right at the moment due to the improvements not benefiting me directly at the moment. I kept my WiiU up to date too, that was laggy as hell with any update they did unfortunately. The SwitchOS seems pretty slick at the moment, lets see if there updates make it slower etc over time, I doubt it though.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, I probably wrote it wrong too :). I wouldn't mind updating, just didn't see the real need to right at the moment due to the improvements not benefiting me directly at the moment. I kept my WiiU up to date too, that was laggy as hell with any update they did unfortunately. The SwitchOS seems pretty slick at the moment, lets see if there updates make it slower etc over time, I doubt it though.
Well since that 5GHZ AC i haven't notice much of a problem, but the update supposed to give news and eshop access, which is good maybe for buying digital games, and don't forget about region free eshop... umm SHOPPING. To be honest i never purchased a region free game before mostly cause i was concerned of not being able to play much of it with language issue... cause i dunno japanese, but now "Asia English" games exist and that is good. :D

Still even without direct benefits you may wanna do it to keep the system functioning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.