Gaming Status of the NDS

X_XSlashX_X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to know is there any games coming out for the NDS still worth checking out or is it just complete shovelware now? And yes I know about the Pokemon crossover but I have no interest in it whatsoever.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
shin-megami-tensei-devil-survivor-2-ds-140.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MegaTen generally or just Devil Survivor? I remember being a bit lost when I started playing the MegaTen games but I stuck with it and grew to really enjoy the series. I would regard it as my favourite JRPG series.

X_XSlashX_X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MegaTen in general like there is so many games out from what I can see and I have no idea where to start. They even had that free2play mmo which was pretty decent

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
MegaTen in general like there is so many games out from what I can see and I have no idea where to start. They even had that free2play mmo which was pretty decent
Shin Megami Tensei series aren't confusing at all, well, if you play the original SMT games, then yeah, they are a bit confusing... As for games themselves, They work based on series, Devil Survivor, Persona, Devil Summoner, Digital Devil Saga and a few others, there's also Devil Children that was released for the GBA (kinda like pokemon but doesn't really have the SMT feeling to it)...
The one thing all SMT games have in common is the demons and a somewhat dark world or dark events, but aside from that, none of the series should confuse you.

Also, Megaten as per se, is one of the main rpg series in Japan, so if you want, you can always compare it to the Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Pokemon games, if you think they have too many games.

X_XSlashX_X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shin Megami Tensei series aren't confusing at all, well, if you play the original SMT games, then yeah, they are a bit confusing... As for games themselves, They work based on series, Devil Survivor, Persona, Devil Summoner, Digital Devil Saga and a few others, there's also Devil Children that was released for the GBA (kinda like pokemon but doesn't really have the SMT feeling to it)...
The one thing all SMT games have in common is the demons and a somewhat dark world or dark events, but aside from that, none of the series should confuse you.

Also, Megaten as per se, is one of the main rpg series in Japan, so if you want, you can always compare it to the Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Pokemon games, if you think they have too many games.
See I thought like the games had like an on going story or whatever where you start off with 1 game then play the games that continue the story and as you go through that main line they have like the side story games. Like I thought the way the games worked was kinda like Kingdom Hearts. You have your main storyline then you have the side stories.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

See I thought like the games had like an on going story or whatever where you start off with 1 game then play the games that continue the story and as you go through that main line they have like the side story games. Like I thought the way the games worked was kinda like Kingdom Hearts. You have your main storyline then you have the side stories.
Well, it doesnt work like that, each series has it's story line.
Persona games for example follow a story, I played all of them and well, you don't really need to, but it helps you to understand some of the events that happen in the next games (that and some cameo characters that sometimes show up).
Devil Summoner does follow a story with the same main char, so you're better off playing the first one beforehand.
Digital Devil Saga also follows a story so you must play the first in order to understand the second (DDS is a friggin awesome game which leaves you hanging with some many questions once you finish it, the sequel answers those questions).
Devil Survivor, I thought it was just a one off game, but the game prolly sold well and they released a sequel, dunno if it'll have connections with the previous game, but the main char is dif, so you don't need to play the first one in order to understand the second.
The main series tho, you can also play it in any order, but it's recommended to start with the first, seeing as you get a lot of explaning as to what is happening in the game.

Reactions: 1 person

X_XSlashX_X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, it doesnt work like that, each series has it's story line.
Persona games for example follow a story, I played all of them and well, you don't really need to, but it helps you to understand some of the events that happen in the next games (that and some cameo characters that sometimes show up).
Devil Summoner does follow a story with the same main char, so you're better off playing the first one beforehand.
Digital Devil Saga also follows a story so you must play the first in order to understand the second (DDS is a friggin awesome game which leaves you hanging with some many questions once you finish it, the sequel answers those questions).
Devil Survivor, I thought it was just a one off game, but the game prolly sold well and they released a sequel, dunno if it'll have connections with the previous game, but the main char is dif, so you don't need to play the first one in order to understand the second.
The main series tho, you can also play it in any order, but it's recommended to start with the first, seeing as you get a lot of explaning as to what is happening in the game.

Awesome I might actually start playing MegaTen now. Thanks alot man :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: A knuckle sandwich with extra grease.