Homebrew WIP Status Monitor Overlay - Tesla Overlay to monitor your hardware

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I updated all stuff related with Tesla and Status Monitor (+NXFPS and all that) and now Status Mon always shows 100% on core 3. I don't think i had it on 100% before and i'm not even sure if it's relevant or not, cause it doesn't cause any problems, but still. Latest atmos, 9.1.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I updated all stuff related with Tesla and Status Monitor (+NXFPS and all that) and now Status Mon always shows 100% on core 3. I don't think i had it on 100% before and i'm not even sure if it's relevant or not, cause it doesn't cause any problems, but still. Latest atmos, 9.1.
Well, then you have one of those issues:
- your ovlloader is not the last official release or it's broken and it has blocked Core #3 access
- One of sysmodules is straining Core #3 - it's easy to check, just delete all sysmodules except ovlloader

I have checked last ovlloader and Status Monitor is working without issues on Atmo 0.11.1 and 10.0.0

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: bad361

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well, then you have one of those issues:
- your ovlloader is not the last official release or it's broken and it has blocked Core #3 access
- One of sysmodules is straining Core #3 - it's easy to check, just delete all sysmodules except ovlloader

I have checked last ovlloader and Status Monitor is working without issues on Atmo 0.11.1 and 10.0.0
alright, thanks for the tips, gonna try to figure out what's wrong then

edit: Wiped all sys-modules and installed everything from scratch, that fixed the problem.. Something was wrong with one or some of my sys-modules or something.

edit2: NVM, after rebooting switch it now still shows 100% on core 3. Investigation continues.

Last edited by bad361,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
alright, thanks for the tips, gonna try to figure out what's wrong then

edit: Wiped all sys-modules and installed everything from scratch, that fixed the problem.. Something was wrong with one or some of my sys-modules or something.

edit2: NVM, after rebooting switch it now still shows 100% on core 3. Investigation continues.

edit3: sys-con 0.6.0 is the culprit. The prev ver works fine and core3 shows ~35%. The latest ver. of sys-con breaks core3 in status mon.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
edit3: sys-con 0.6.0 is the culprit. The prev ver works fine and core3 shows ~35%. The latest ver. of sys-con breaks core3 in status mon.
This is a temporary release that i'm pressured to publish due to all the underlying issues that are still present on earlier versions. The "actual" 0.6.0 release will come at a later point.

So better just wait.

And it's not breaking. Someone f*cked up optimization of sys-con.

Status Monitor 0.5.2

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Because Tesla is now supported by SX OS 2.9.5, I've released Status Monitor 0.5.2 to make it work.
FPS Counter is not available because of no public API for their cheat engine.

Reactions: jnl1

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Code:
PFPS and FPS (with help of NX-FPS, more info in repo. Not installing it results in not showing FPS counters on overlay) [Not available for SX OS]

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It looks like I forgot to update first post. :P

And btw. check post above yours.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Code:
PFPS and FPS (with help of NX-FPS, more info in repo. Not installing it results in not showing FPS counters on overlay) [Not available for SX OS]

It looks like I forgot to update first post. :P

And btw. check post above yours.
You said you added support for sx os in 0.5.2 but 0.5.1 is working fine with sx os. Just the fps counter not

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You said you added support for sx os in 0.5.2 but 0.5.1 is working fine with sx os. Just the fps counter not
Because probably you don't have SaltyNX working. If SaltyNX is working, it will hang.

And if you will use 0.5.2, FPS Counter option won't show on SX OS.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because probably you don't have SaltyNX working. If SaltyNX is working, it will hang.

SaltyNX itself hangs for me with SX OS. so no not using it lol

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Do you see the possibility that the FPS counter will work in the future with SX OS?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do you see the possibility that the FPS counter will work in the future with SX OS?
If lord and saviour TX in their wisdom will bless us with open cheat API, then and only then NX-FPS will work...
Or when someone will make open cheat engine compatible with SX, which is unlikely...
Or maybe...

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
0.6.0 update released.

Code:
[*]If dmnt:cht is not detected, it's using svc calls to read FPS values for NX-FPS (now only if SaltyNX check failed, FPS Counter won't show).

Be aware that not using Atmosphere's dmnt:cht may introduce conflicts with other cheat engines, resulting in crashes or hangs.

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This overlay is so awesome! The Like button doesn't begin to express how grateful I am for all your fantastic stuff and informative posts. Maybe I can buy you a ko-fi (I just got that) once I start making money again.

Thanks so much for all your various works! Gotta love that avatar too. <3

*Sorry this post doesn't add to the conversation, I'm just overwhelmed by the amount of support you supply here and had express my admiration.*

Edit: Thought of a question, is there any way to get the FPS counter to work with homebrew games, like Morrowind? Tried searching for an answer when I first started using Salty & Tesla, but didn't find anything. Guessing this is more of a NX-FPS question than Tesla/monitor though.

Last edited by TheCasualties,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This overlay is so awesome! The Like button doesn't begin to express how grateful I am for all your fantastic stuff and informative posts. Maybe I can buy you a ko-fi (I just got that) once I start making money again.

Thanks so much for all your various works! Gotta love that avatar too. <3

*Sorry this post doesn't add to the conversation, I'm just overwhelmed by the amount of support you supply here and had express my admiration.*

Edit: Thought of a question, is there any way to get the FPS counter to work with homebrew games, like Morrowind? Tried searching for an answer when I first started using Salty & Tesla, but didn't find anything. Guessing this is more of a NX-FPS question than Tesla/monitor though.
NX-FPS doesn't suppport NROs. You would need to compile NSO with symbols for egl untouched, pack it as nsp and install it.

Or:
1. Add own FPS Counter to code of your game
2. Add the same FPS calculating function as in NX-FPS to code of game with little tweak to calculate correct calls. Then it will be compatible with Status Monitor.

Reactions: TheCasualties

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here