Static sound playing mp3's

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by wifi1, Oct 19, 2007.

1. wifi1
    OP

wifi1 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2007
    United States
    I never noticed it before, but now, when there is silence either in the beginning or end of an mp3 song, there's a static-y sound. I only picked it up today. It's really noticeable, so I don't think it's a bitrate thing, since I never heard it before. I have a CycloDS v1.13 with a MIJ Kingston 2GB. I will check if this happens on an R4 and on the computer when I have access to them again.

2. DarkAura

DarkAura Offline

Aug 20, 2007
    Canada
    Over there.
    Nothing here on my R4, everything works fine. Maybe try redownloading/reinstalling Moonshell, or it may be the actual songs itself.

3. wifi1
    OP

wifi1 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2007
    United States
    Okay so I checked on my computer and the R4. The mp3's are fine, since I played it on the computer through the SD card itself and I could hear no static. Using my R4, I also hear the static-y cracking sounds. I think I solved my problem, at least mediate it. I am using Moonshell version 1.71, and with max volume on the DS, and x12 through moonshell, I would hear the noise easily. But if I adjust the DS volume but play at 100x, then the noise is not as noticeable even at the same volume output in my earphones. I also can hear it through the DS speakers, but it's less noticeable. Anyone care to add input? It's probably Moonshell, at least version 1.71.

4. DarkAura

DarkAura Offline

Aug 20, 2007
    Canada
    Over there.
    Yah, I would think so too. Try redownloading Moonshell, and use different types of music files, like ogg, wav...

5. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    It's due to the sound hardware of the DS itself, and it's not something that can be avoided. I'd recommend leaving Moonshell's internal volume at 100% to prevent distortion caused by software amplification.

6. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    yes as he said, unfortunately.

its no error on your part.

it should be barely perceptible.