State of Play - March 9, 2022 - live coverage

What does Sony have up its sleeve? Let's find out in today's State of Play broadcast. It begins shortly, so let's tune in.

The first game is about dinosaurs falling out of portals. It's the year 2043, and there are dinosaur forecasts and people in mech suits that fight them. Comes from Capcom. It's called Exoprimal. Coming 2023. PS4 and PS5.

Ghostwire: Tokyo is almost out, so there's a trailer to give us a glimpse at it.

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy launches March 18th, with a new demo out today.

Forspoken gives us a gameplay trailer to see its combat. October 11th, following a delay. It's a PS5 exclusive.

GUNDAM Evolution is a multiplayer shooter. There's multiple modes you can play, different mechs with varying abilities, kind of like a hero style shooter.

TMNT: Cowabunga Collection. It collects the Arcade Game, Turtles in Time, Tournament Fighters, and more, coming 2022.

Gigabash is a kaiju brawler for PS4 and PS5.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is getting another game. Show your resolve in All-Star Battle R. Coming this year.

Samurai are chopping people's heads off in the 2.5D Trek to Yomi. Spring 2022. PS4 and PS5.

More Returnal. Ascension update is coming soon, adds campaign co-op in March.

Two new Square Enix games.

An Alliance, Kingdom, and Empire are at war. Tactical gameplay aplenty in this title. The DioField Chronicle. 2022.

Valkyrie Elysium is what appears to be an open world action RPG.

That's a wrap.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was there any suggestion that the Turtles collection would be PlayStation only, or are there any rumblings that it won't?
At the end of the trailer for the collection it says its coming out on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, and Steam.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valkyrie Elysium is being developed by Soleil Ltd and not tri-Ace, but Motoi Sakuraba is still returning to compose. Overall, I have a pretty bad feeling about the game, but at least the soundtrack should have some real bangers.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valkyrie Elysium is being developed by Soleil Ltd and not tri-Ace, but Motoi Sakuraba is still returning to compose. Overall, I have a pretty bad feeling about the game, but at least the soundtrack should have some real bangers.
Loving his soundtrack in arise. It's becoming one of my favorite tales games. I wasn't sure about the game after what you told me about it, like no gald from battles, but I knew the soundtrack would be good nonetheless.

Reactions: Glyptofane

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turtles would have been ideal to see them remade for today's generation, not a rom collection that my TV can already play.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
A new strategy game from square enix? Count me in. Looks like it's a semi RTS, similar to Heroes of Mana and FFXII Revenant Wings.

I don't like the Valkyrie Profile action game.

TheGodMauro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Exoprimal looks like it could be fun in MP, but for the love of God Capcom, don't make it a looter shooter.
Ghostwire & Stranger of Paradise both share the interesting quality of me caring less about them the more they show.
Forspoken still looks uninteresting.
Making a Gundam game as a hero shooter is either incredibly dumb or a smart gamble, I mean, the genre has its big boys defined already, but perhaps they can carve a niche for their game (Prediction: unlikely).
If I wanted to play the TMNT games I would do so in Retroarch.
I would buy Gigabash if it was on a bundle, just in case it turns out to be fun with friends, but otherwise it just looked above shovelware level.
The JoJo game could be good, but I fear that promising 50 characters at launch means that there won't be much gameplay variety between them.
Trek to Yomi looks like those games I'd enjoy watching a streamer play, but I wouldn't pay for.
Don't care for Returnal.
DioField Chronicle is easily the game I look forward the most out of the conference, having a soft spot for strategy games. Even though I haven't finished it, Triangle Strategy raised the bar for the genre, and this game will have to match that expectation.
Speaking of matching expectations, while it's nice that there's finally going to be a new Valkyrie game, it now lives in a world where Elden Ring came out, and every subsequent open world action RPG game going forward will be compared to that Goliath.

Overall a very OK presentation, a couple of surprises for certain core audiences, but there was a distinct lack of mainstream heavy hitters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu