State of Play - March 9, 2022 - live coverage

What does Sony have up its sleeve? Let's find out in today's State of Play broadcast. It begins shortly, so let's tune in.

The first game is about dinosaurs falling out of portals. It's the year 2043, and there are dinosaur forecasts and people in mech suits that fight them. Comes from Capcom. It's called Exoprimal. Coming 2023. PS4 and PS5.

Ghostwire: Tokyo is almost out, so there's a trailer to give us a glimpse at it.

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy launches March 18th, with a new demo out today.

Forspoken gives us a gameplay trailer to see its combat. October 11th, following a delay. It's a PS5 exclusive.

GUNDAM Evolution is a multiplayer shooter. There's multiple modes you can play, different mechs with varying abilities, kind of like a hero style shooter.

TMNT: Cowabunga Collection. It collects the Arcade Game, Turtles in Time, Tournament Fighters, and more, coming 2022.

Gigabash is a kaiju brawler for PS4 and PS5.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is getting another game. Show your resolve in All-Star Battle R. Coming this year.

Samurai are chopping people's heads off in the 2.5D Trek to Yomi. Spring 2022. PS4 and PS5.

More Returnal. Ascension update is coming soon, adds campaign co-op in March.

Two new Square Enix games.

An Alliance, Kingdom, and Empire are at war. Tactical gameplay aplenty in this title. The DioField Chronicle. 2022.

Valkyrie Elysium is what appears to be an open world action RPG.

That's a wrap.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah me too...at the same time I might just buy it on Steam so I can play it on Steam Deck, and I know I can get it cheaper there even at launch. $40 is a little steep for this collection, but that's to be expected of Konami.
yeah but if it has a physical edition with promotions and discounts i can get it for 30$ easily xD

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Yeah me too...at the same time I might just buy it on Steam so I can play it on Steam Deck, and I know I can get it cheaper there even at launch. $40 is a little steep for this collection, but that's to be expected of Konami.
My thought is that this collection fits much more on a portable. I'll pirate it on switch if it ever lands there.

Edit: switch is my choice only because the deck does not exists here

Reactions: hippy dave

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I see one of these posts, I feel like it's worded as such:
Okay, peeps! There's a new live stream from a game developer about what's coming soon. Let's see what it entails!

A game...

Another game...

Yet another game...

More games...

Game...

Game...

Game...

Welp, that's it!
Just gets old after a while. Can't we have something exciting every once in a while - a new feature or service, new hardware, support for other devices and peripherals - anything but just more games to add to our libraries?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a new turtle game coming though.
And..... the point was that it would be nice to see some work to redo the originals rather than a cheap crappy rom collection.

The classics were the best and to have them remade would be worth paying for, not something you can grab for free and run on practically any device.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And..... the point was that it would be nice to see some work to redo the originals rather than a cheap crappy rom collection.

The classics were the best and to have them remade would be worth paying for, not something you can grab for free and run on practically any device.
In case you still misunderstood, aside from this collection, there's a brand new Turtles game being made, and everything suggests it's striving to capture the feel of the classics, so maybe it'll be something you like. It's not a straight remake of a specific old game, but enough people complain about all the remakes these days, can't please everyone whatever you do.

Anyway the new game is called Shredder's Revenge, and it looks like a solid game in the genre

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case you still misunderstood, aside from this collection, there's a brand new Turtles game being made, and everything suggests it's striving to capture the feel of the classics, so maybe it'll be something you like. It's not a straight remake of a specific old game, but enough people complain about all the remakes these days, can't please everyone whatever you do.

Anyway the new game is called Shredder's Revenge, and it looks like a solid game in the genre

here's my weird take- it should be a co op hack and slash rather than a beatemup
why? the genre's just plain better 🤷‍♂️

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country

It's better to just give the new game a chance. The classics are good, but they are not great either. Only the arcade games and the SNES TMNT IV are what I even consider good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head