Startpatch 4.1 Error -101

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Slowking, Mar 1, 2010.

Mar 1, 2010

Startpatch 4.1 Error -101 by Slowking at 10:26 AM (2,327 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Slowking
    OP

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Every time I try to install Startpatch 4.1 I get the error "ES_Init...ISFS Get FileStats ErrorError: -101"

I tried different IOSs to install (including waninkokos and hermes cIOS) and reinstalled the System Menu.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

I would use priiloader but it somehow screwes up my ystem menu. I don't get any picture after the health screen. So I'm stuck with startpatch.

2. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Hmmm... does any of your IOS have the NAND (fs) permissions patch? You'll need that. AFAIK, DOP-IOS should be able to apply it to IOS36.

And I recommend making a NAND backup with bootmii (even if it's only bootmii IOS) before any IOS/System menu modifications.

3. Slowking
    OP

Germany
    Yeah all the cIOS have that. [​IMG]
    And if it was that the error would be different, from what I learned through googeling.

4. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    I'm not entirely sure if the cIOS actually have that one, however the cIOS should work (I think cIOS249 should...)

I do know that isfs error -101 means it's refusing you access to the filesystem...

I'm not sure why it would be doing that though, if the IOS can access the filesystem...

5. Slowking
    OP

Germany
    The StartPatch readme says cIOS rev12 and above should work. I usually have rev17, but even tried rev12, no dice.
    I also tried IOS36, which is the first version of it availible, so it should have all the access rights, but it didn't work either.

6. nicksasa

Member nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Belgium
    NO, none of the ios'es on nus have full fs permissions, you need to patch that

7. Slowking
    OP

Germany
    Well it certainly is enough to install preloader. [​IMG]
    Anywho the cIOSs don't work either and they should work...

8. nicksasa

Member nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Belgium
    preloader identifies as the system menu ! thus it has access to almost all files on nand, that doesnt mean ur ios has full fs permissions

9. Slowking
    OP

Germany
    But you have to install preloader first and that is done through IOS 36. That means it has Nand access.

But we are really getting off track here. That isn't the problem since the cIOSs have full Nand access.