Starting Tomorrow You Can Buy PS2 Games on PS4!

Starting tomorrow you can buy a few games! More will be added soon.
The games for sale as of tomorrow are:

• Dark Cloud — $14.99
  • Grand Theft Auto III — $14.99
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City — $14.99
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas — $14.99
  • Rogue Galaxy — $14.99
  • The Mark of Kri — $14.99
  • Twisted Metal: Black — $9.99
  • War of the Monsters — $9.99
The games will also feature enhancements such as upscaled graphics, remote play and trophy support.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: nxwing
D

Deleted-236924

In other news, starting tomorrow, you can buy games you may already own on the PS2 instead of just playing them.
Did I get that right? Or does it support playing games you bought years ago in physical format?

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
So, you can't play your already own games. Kind of disappointing.
No looks like you can't

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Slightly steep prices, it seems. Will they look pretty upscaled and all?
Yeah the graphics will be better if thats what you mean

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So in other words i can't play my disc based PS2 games and i saw somewhere that PS2 Classics will not make the jump over, so if a PS2 game comes out on PS4 and you already have it as a PS2 Classic? Pay for the game again

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really glad these will be upscaled and have trophy support. I'll definitely be getting some of these like Dark Cloud.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Told you so. Sony would not allow its customers to play their PS2 game discs because it's what happened before.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why anyone is getting upset about having to buy the game again, if you want to play it on the new hardware. This is exactly the same issue with re-buying PSP games on the Vita. What, if any, solution can you come up with that allows you to what, serialize your existing PS2 copies? You can't, they were made for the PS2. If you want to play them, use a PS2. Sony is offering us upscaled, trophy supported PS2 classics for a price. If you don't like it, dig out your PS2.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: VMM and tbb043

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This is awesome I'll probably get Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy. I'd like to see them bring the Onimusha games over too.

If they are announcing this already ahead of PSX tomorrow then just think what else they have yet ro reveal.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why anyone is getting upset about having to buy the game again, if you want to play it on the new hardware. This is exactly the same issue with re-buying PSP games on the Vita. What, if any, solution can you come up with that allows you to what, serialize your existing PS2 copies? You can't, they were made for the PS2. If you want to play them, use a PS2. Sony is offering us upscaled, trophy supported PS2 classics for a price. If you don't like it, dig out your PS2.

Why would you need to "serialize" PS2 games to use discs? Just treat it like any other disc based game, pop in the disc when you play.

Trophy support? Most worthless thing ever. Upscaled? Do you know how much work upscaling takes? None, it's a function of the hardware. If they were uprezed that might make a slight difference, but it's still not something that would need to be done to games individually (see PCSX2 or whatever it's called).

I don't like it, and I don't have to dig out my PS2 because it's never not been out. Also, I'll play them on my CFW PS3 slim where every PS2 game I've bothered to try works nearly flawlessly, showing just how money grubbing this sort of thing is. There's no reason every PS3 shouldnt' have PS2 BC, and there's no reason PS4 shouldn't work with games you already own too.

I'm not mad, btw, I never expected Sony to behave otherwise, I'm just pointing things out.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s