Starting Super Robot Wars

Shakraka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've been meaning to start playing SRW after I picked up an interest in the UC series, and finding out that there are metric fucktons of mecha in it. So, what I want to know is, which game should I start with? I've been thinking about playing SRW Alpha Gaiden, because it has Turn A Gundam and After War Gundam X in it, but I'm not sure if that's a good place to start. Oh, and I found an English patched version, so I don't have to worry.

Speaking of which, is SRW hard to get into if you're playing the Japanese versions? I read on Wikipedia that it has some sort of basic menu commands so that all gamers could understand, but I'm not sure if I can, so I would prefer that the game you might recommend is in English.

tl;dr: which SRW game should I start with and if SRW Alpha Gaiden is hard for beginners.

akuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont think theres much SRW games in english, but some of the more recent ones you could try is SRW Original Generations 1 and 2? It's for the GBA but 'surprisingly' they were translated to english as well. Though i'm not sure if those have gundams and robots from other anime, could be all original robots, hence the name original generations, can't really remember but yeah.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Shakraka said:
Oh, and I found an English patched version, so I don't have to worry.

Can you tell me where you found the English patch? The only official SRW English translated are SRW Original Generations 1 & 2 (GBA), SRW for PS2 never been translated to English. If you like mechas very much, japanese won't stop you from playing SRW
smile.gif

If SRW Alpha Gaiden is too hard for you, just use cheat codes like max money, upgrade the mechas to max & it won't be too hard anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol