Started at the Gym

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Phillyman, Jul 28, 2008.

Jul 28, 2008

Started at the Gym by Phillyman at 8:17 PM (748 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Phillyman

Member Phillyman GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2005
    United States
    Ok so back when I was 18 years old, I weighed in at 180lbs, when I was about 21 I was coming in at 210lbs, two years ago I was at 235lbs......and now I am sitting at 255lbs. Well its finally getting to me, my 29th birthday is in 7 days, and I need to drop this weight before my 30th birthday! I am not sure at what my final goal will be, but I need to drop at least 50lbs! So I signed up to the gym, but this time I did it with my girlfriend. We are planning to go at least 3 times per week, anyways this is my initial thoughts.

Gym 3 Times Per week
    Day 1 = 30 minutes cardio, Weight train Arms (Bi, tri, fore)
    Day 2 = 30 minutes cardio, Weight train Chest and Back
    Day 3 = 30 minutes cardio, Weight train Legs, Shoulders and Stomach
    Rinse and repeat!

Week 1-3 = 90% of what I drink should be water
    Week 4-6 = Cut out all fast Food
    Week 6-9 = Cut out all extra's (dressings, mayo, bbq...etc)

Now for the workouts, I figure maybe sitting down and coming up with 4 different excersises for each muscle group, and cycling between them on a 2 week schedule.....example.....

Week 1 Biceps
    Concentration Curls
    Standing Alternating Dumbbell Curls

Week 2 Biceps
    Preacher Curls
    Standing Barbell Curls

Rinse and Repeat

That way I am hitting each muscle group in a multitude of ways, I know that when I was hitting the gym before that I lost 15lbs in 3 weeks. Any suggestions?
  2. Javacat

Member Javacat GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Not really got any advice (I've been trying to get meself on a diet and to the gym for the past two years [​IMG]). Just thought I'd give a link to The Hackers Diet (wiki), in case you haven't seen it before. It's basically a whole dieting/healthy living plan based from an engineering perspective. For the keeping fit/exercise part of it, it implements an exercise routine designed for the canadian air force in the 50s, that's designed to be quick and efficient.

Pretty interesting stuff and is the diet I'm planning to take up at some point [​IMG]
  3. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2007
    United States
    Wow, I decided to check out the Hacker's Diet thing and I'm loving what I see already. The level of humor is definitely nice, and there's a lot of common sense here. It doesn't promise you rock-hard abs and a flat ass overnight, and rightfully so.

I'm tempted to start this, since I had been wanting to lose the gut again for a while...