Hacking Started afresh - few questions!

Natazza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya,

I'm sorry if these are silly questions but I have been trying to catch up with all the new things that have been developed and have got a bit confused!

I used the Zelda hack originally but have now used the Modmii guide and have started again.

I have successfully followed all of the steps apart from the usb loader as it wouldn't download so I redid the wizard and deselected this option and now wish to add this option so I can use a hard drive (I have checked compatibility and am currently backing up the data to another location before formatting it)

I am on 4.2E and have followed all the steps so far.

I was using Neogamma R9 before to play backups and wish to transfer my backups to the hard drive so I'm not using discs ideally.

Do I just need to install Neogamma again to play discs for now?

Also, since I did the steps in the Modmii guide, the Wii keeps telling me that I have no memory left so it keeps taking me back to the data management section. I am deleting but no blocks are being freed up. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help you can give me!!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
QUOTE said:
Do I just need to install Neogamma again to play discs for now?yes, but FYI usb-loaders are still able to launch backup discs

QUOTEAlso, since I did the steps in the Modmii guide, the Wii keeps telling me that I have no memory left so it keeps taking me back to the data management section. I am deleting but no blocks are being freed up. Am I missing something?
In the save data section, browse your channels for any that take up a lot of blocks (they typically take up more space than save games), then either delete them or move them to your sd card. And the reason why no blocks are being freed up is cuz how the wii reports it... the wii will say you have 0 free blocks even if you really have -200 blocks, and if u free up 100 blocks (so u have -100 blocks) it will still report you have 0 free blocks. It's only when the number of free blocks are greater than 0 do the numbers change, so just keep freeing up blocks and eventually you'll see it make a difference.

Natazza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks XFlak,

Oh that's great - if I don't have to use Neogamma then I will use the usb loader.

After following the instructions to install ther usb loader, I have a "Copy to USB" folder - do I copy these files across to the root of my SD card (as well as onto the Hard Drive) in order to have the usb loader to play backup discs?

Thanks again!

Edit: Ignore the above about copying to SD, sorry.

I have freed up some space now thanks but can't seem to load a backup with the usb loader. For some reason I still seem to have a really old Backup launcher on the menu so I'm not sure how to use the USB to load a disc.

Thanks!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You could copy those files to your SD card, but the config files are set up to save the covers and other files to the USB hard drive. Anyways, if u just want to play a backup disc, u can launch neogamma or another usb-loader off of your USB HDD or off of an SD card, it doesn't matter which. Then just launch the backup disc from within the loader. The only reason you would have to copy those USB files to the SD card is if u plan on launching the usb-loader without the hard drive plugged into the Wii.

Natazza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much for your help XFlak.

I have successfully added a game by pressing the + and it plays fine but for some reason now it won't install another game - it starts to install but locks up part way through. I am only trying this on a USB stick (a compatible one) but there is enough memory on it easily.

Is this something I'm doing wrong or is it likely to be the memory stick?

Also, once I am happy with the usb loader, can I safely delete the old backup launcher channels (I'm not sure how to do that, will have to do a search as I was expecting them to be gone when I started again!!)

Ta!!

Natazza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All sorted now I think!! The hard drive is working no problem.

Thanks XFlak for all your help and a brill program!!

Just one quick thing - if I do want to delete the old backup launchers, am I safe to do that and do I do it via the Wii itself?

Thanks!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1